Still only 10.000cr for new thargoid scouts, seriously???

I initially thought this was a bug and i asked the frontier help account on twitter once i realized that the entirely new, more dangerous thargoid scouts... do not provide any bigger combat bonds at all... and this is intended behavior.

Seriously?? The arguably easy thargoid scouts of before get more powerful variants, but theyre still only TEN THOUSAND CREDITS? WITH NO MISSIONS TO FIGHT THEM?

I can kill sidewinders worth more than that and those things don't melt my hull through my shield, what a joke.

Nothing more to say, a joke.

Since this forum is for suggestions and feature requests, rather than complaining, what would you suggest as a resolution? Not all content is necessarily high-paying, and the Thargoid scouts aren't necessarily as difficult as a flock of Sidewinders. I can clear out a Threat 3 and Threat 4 in my Viper Mk IV without taking any hull damage, and I'm not that great at it. It doesn't even take that long. Sure, it's different than Sidewinders, but if you're content to fight Sidewinders all day, then you're free to do so! That's the beauty of the situation. You're not going to get rich fighting the scouts, but there are other benefits, including Pilot's Federation combat ranking and helping defend stations so they're not attacked. And I found that, with practice, I wasn't losing money on the ordeal.

FRONTIER logic: you need HATE this game!
If you HATE the game, why are you playing it? There's tons of other content to explore and enjoy; I would recommend doing that instead. In the meantime, there are players who enjoy this and sometimes we do things even though there's not a specific credit reward for doing so.

I understand that, as Mankiw so eloquently summarized, "people respond to incentives". The incentives here are a little more abstract than just a pure credit reward; if that's not enough for you, so be it. I'm guessing they try to balance rewards in a way that attracts just enough players to do it, without taking away from other parts of the game. They're not always successful (see also: bounty hunting massacre payouts, wing mining missions, etc), but I'm guessing that was the idea.

It's almost like you want to do this, but don't feel the reward makes it worth your time. There are, I'm sure, plenty of things to do that are worth your time. Road to Riches, passenger hauling, community goals, etc.

If you HATE the game, why are you playing it? There's tons of other content to explore and enjoy; I would recommend doing that instead. In the meantime, there are players who enjoy this and sometimes we do things even though there's not a specific credit reward for doing so.

I understand that, as Mankiw so eloquently summarized, "people respond to incentives". The incentives here are a little more abstract than just a pure credit reward; if that's not enough for you, so be it. I'm guessing they try to balance rewards in a way that attracts just enough players to do it, without taking away from other parts of the game. They're not always successful (see also: bounty hunting massacre payouts, wing mining missions, etc), but I'm guessing that was the idea.

It's almost like you want to do this, but don't feel the reward makes it worth your time. There are, I'm sure, plenty of things to do that are worth your time. Road to Riches, passenger hauling, community goals, etc.

Where is it written that 'I hate the game'? To create false controversy, do not be a hater ... learn to interpret texts!

Where is it written that 'I hate the game'? To create false controversy, do not be a hater ... learn to interpret texts!

You're right, I jumped on that idea, rather than the patently ridiculous notion that Frontier would want you to hate a game that they've spent years developing and is obviously a labor of love. When you consider that we haven't had to pay for an update in about two and a half years and the only real post-purchase revenue stream for Frontier is ship cosmetics, we're lucky we get any development at all. I can't imagine that Elite Dangerous is a huge moneymaker at this point.

I'm going to jump back into this discussion with an actual idea and suggestion for improvement:

Add Thargoid Scout massacre missions to systems where Thargoid Scouts can be found. For instance, Galnet reported that Deciat is under attack and that Garay Terminal is on "high alert". That doesn't seem to be the case at the actual terminal.

As an improvement, it would be great to have some audio that indicates aliens are in the system, some flavor text about it at the starport services screen, and missions from worried controlling factions asking for help dealing with the Thargoid Scouts (as further attacks seem to otherwise follow.)

Agree.

They should be worth 1mil+ each, plus there should be missions.

The thargoid "threat" is not being taking seriously.

Top Bottom