Modes Idea for game mode resources being non transferable

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Meh, carebears
this is my appeal to council of carebears

So you feel it is good to offer slight and insult people

Yeah cool. I retract the word "exploit".

I am glad you retract it, yet that you used it in the first place shows how you think about all those who you view as "carebears" play.

Yeah, it was just an idea, to be honest the main reason I want it it so I can attack pvpers in their taxis or when grinding, so I can test the cognitive dissonance. Maybe get some prized salt as well. I shoot enough shieldless type 9s outside Jameson's as it is.
I get now that it's unlikely to happen

And here... you don't want to even PVP... you want to dominate. shieldless type 9's, wanting to go after pvpers in their "taxis or when grinding" so you can see how they react. And the gold comment I think... "get some prized salt as well". Along with everything else this shows how you are and also when paired to your "request" from the opening comments is all tailored to not make the game actually good for all, as you claimed, who play it, but instead tailor the game to YOUR goals while screwing other people out of the game they bought and love.

Make a post about Open. Watch them fly towards the light.

Don't be so hard on yourself 90's, you are not a fly killing yourself on a zapper, you just see posts that you think will help your "Open Only" cause and flock to it.

So basically you are advocating that anyone that plays in solo or a private group right now should be excluded from community goals, PowerPlay and the BGS completely?
How is that remotely a solution (to a problem that doesn't exist)?

You can keep an online solo mode, or a group mode, if you want.

I still would like an isolated, separately developed off line mode with a universe that is my own, not marred by the presence of other players, that can be modded, has a good solo campaign, etc.
For me personally that would be the Elite spacesim I always dreamed off. I would pay a 100 bucks extra, just for that... make it 200 bucks.

You can keep an online solo mode, or a group mode, if you want.

I still would like an isolated, separately developed off line mode with a universe that is my own, not marred by the presence of other players, that can be modded, has a good solo campaign, etc.
For me personally that would be the Elite spacesim I always dreamed off. I would pay a 100 bucks extra, just for that... make it 200 bucks.

before I got hooked on elite my most-played games on steam were skyrim and new vegas and the one thing that made me hold off on ED for so long was that the offline campaign was cancelled during the kickstarter and the one game I really really really want to play is something with elite/wingcommander/privateer flying-around-in-space but with the narrative structure of a game like NV.

You know, with different, potentially mutually exclusive playthroughs and the like. Quests that can go either way depending on which side you support. That sorta thing. Finish the main game and it's like "hey, I'll make a new save and see what would have happened if I'd supported Aisling Duval's bid for the throne instead" and so on.

Not a thing you can have with a massively multiplayer setting.

before I got hooked on elite my most-played games on steam were skyrim and new vegas and the one thing that made me hold off on ED for so long was that the offline campaign was cancelled during the kickstarter and the one game I really really really want to play is something with elite/wingcommander/privateer flying-around-in-space but with the narrative structure of a game like NV.

You know, with different, potentially mutually exclusive playthroughs and the like. Quests that can go either way depending on which side you support. That sorta thing. Finish the main game and it's like "hey, I'll make a new save and see what would have happened if I'd supported Aisling Duval's bid for the throne instead" and so on.

Not a thing you can have with a massively multiplayer setting.

Yeah, and the fact that this game is a hybrid and simply fails at this result in either a single or multiplayer setting is worth noting- because no matter what the whole faction system is completely disconnected in regard to choices made meaningful. If faction choices were exclusive, and truly tied into a story based narrative- then there might be an actual reason to even bother with it. At present that's simply not the case, though. Hell, you can play the whole game without ever "pledging" and be perfectly fine, be friends with everyone and improve reactions just by doing random missions. No one comes to hunt you, you can also freely fly around in faction space that you've done missions counter to them and not a care in the world. Rank of King? No problem, fly around in Federation systems all you like! Rank of Admiral? No problem, wander in Cubeo and take out random targets as you wish- no one cares!

Very disconnected.

You're right. I've been here long enough.

However, a bunch of you guys have tenure at this point.

For some it seems like its their job.

Says the person who thinks it's their job to constantly berate people for actually reading up on the game before they bought it.

I mean, 10 minutes of reading and you've have known to buy Star Citizen not Elite: Dangerous
As that is geared towards the PvP you keep claiming to want.

Roughly translated as "Hey, it's a game with optional PvP and no-one who does not want to engage in it is required to - by design".

.... no wonder the game has attracted a significant number of players who don't enjoy PvP. It's almost as if Frontier designed it to appeal to as wide an audience as possible....

You really hate PvP based gameplay don't you Robert... You need to be careful here.. It's showing more and more often... :p

But yeah, I kinda agree with the OP. If FDev cant do a BGS for each mode, then at least mode lock players who commit illegal activities to whichever mode they obtaine the bounty/noteriety.

Primarily that keeps gank groups in open, and forces them to eat repurcussions should they get caught out in thier jump ships whilst engineering or what not, BGS trouble makers would also suffer the same fate.

It would work as a far more effective detterant than the current C&P system anywho... Hohum.

I don't enjoy it - which is why I buy games that don't require it.

Others enjoy it, that is obvious - not all players, but some.

Mhmm, but this game forces PvE on people who would rather PvP, but the otherway around should always be argued against and have constant attempts to make the people who do like it, less important in the grand scheme of the game...

You see where I'm going with this..

You really hate PvP based gameplay don't you Robert... You need to be careful here.. It's showing more and more often... :p

I don't enjoy it - which is why I buy games that don't require it.

Others enjoy it, that is obvious - not all players, but some.

Again because someone doesn't enjoy or want to participate someone else wants to paint them as "Anti-PVP" which is bull manure. The only thing shown here is YOUR bias in trying to claim Robert is Anti-PvP just because he doesn't like it. You do realize there is a difference in not enjoying it and hating it.

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
Mhmm, but this game forces PvE on people who would rather PvP, but the otherway around should always be argued against and have constant attempts to make the people who do like it, less important in the grand scheme of the game...

PvP is optional; PvE is not.

We all bought a game where PvP is optional - that some want to change that is obvious - however we all paid the same for the game, why should players who prefer an optional play-style be able to dictate to players who don't?

You see where I'm going with this..

Looks like into a cul-de-sac, from where I'm sitting.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom