I've been trying them on the black holes that I've come across while exploring towards the bottom right corner of the map.

as far as how far I was before initiating the jump? I was close enough to get the lensing effect to kick in on my next jump system.

I've been trying them on the black holes that I've come across while exploring towards the bottom right corner of the map.

as far as how far I was before initiating the jump? I was close enough to get the lensing effect to kick in on my next jump system.
It was me talking about it. Didn't work for the closest bh in S171 8. ( For you jorki) Also, the destination was 22.6ly.

I won't be trying this again for a while as I've learned that the bhs on here scare the hell out of me and I don't quite understand why lol.

For me it's that I can't see where it is relative to myself, until I see it distort light and looks like it's right next to me. And even though I know they are not really a big deal in game, the RL concept of their inescapable gravity makes a coward of me in a subconscious level.

Ok as much as I have wanted the Thargoids and Raxxla to be separate mysteries.. my current theory is they are related

Thargoids are essentially space bees... insects flying flowerships harvesting meta-alloys like pollen and taking them back to their hive.... Incidentally i think what we are witnessing right now is bee swarming... during the formation of a new colony .. someone really should find that queen and kill her or we are in for some trouble.

And nope i havent given up on Hecate ... there are some good similarites between inner symbol of the raxxla icon and the thargoid and barnacle symbols ... And of course Hecate is associated with bees... My current tinfoil is that the Thargoids are partially tamed by "Hecate" acting as a bit of a bee-keeper which is siphoning off "Honey" created by the meta-alloys the Thargoids are collecting. And this is being used to power the Raxxla gate.... So yes i am now thinking the Raxxla gate is in Thargoid space.

Ok as much as I have wanted the Thargoids and Raxxla to be separate mysteries.. my current theory is they are related
If I were a betting man I'd put my money on that theory. In fact ... I have a very specific theory on that.

Spiraling stars: Point a camera at Polaris and leave it on time lapse. What do you get?
North-Star-Polaris-Time-Lapse.jpg

Polaris, which is permit locked in Elite: Dangerous, played a key role in Frontier First Encounters (aka Elite: 3) in regards to the Thargoid story. When the player encounters the Thargoids at Polaris they use some kind of technology to create a portal to send the player a great distance away to the Thargoid homeworld. This portal is the closest thing in any of the Elite games that ever came close to matching the description Rafe Zetter gave of Raxxla. So, from my perspective, the key to finding Raxxla is unlocking Polaris.

If I were a betting man I'd put my money on that theory. In fact ... I have a very specific theory on that.

Spiraling stars: Point a camera at Polaris and leave it on time lapse. What do you get?
North-Star-Polaris-Time-Lapse.jpg

Polaris, which is permit locked in Elite: Dangerous, played a key role in Frontier First Encounters (aka Elite: 3) in regards to the Thargoid story. When the player encounters the Thargoids at Polaris they use some kind of technology to create a portal to send the player a great distance away to the Thargoid homeworld. This portal is the closest thing in any of the Elite games that ever came close to matching the description Rafe Zetter gave of Raxxla. So, from my perspective, the key to finding Raxxla is unlocking Polaris.

A long duration photo-shot of polaris would show star circles, not spirals.

I believe it still is. Maybe Polaris content will be unlocked with future Goid movement? It is said to be some sort of portal to them, as a poster mentioned before me.

Top Bottom