Have a bit of faith...believe me a world where you can play some version of Elite is far better than one where you can't, even if it turns out there is no story which I doubt.

Fdev have a 10 year storyline arc, written before they released the game...players can affect the narrative (usually means players 'spoil' the journey and the fun by getting to the last page before the story has properly begun) but the story is still 5 years to go....some of it is Thargoid & pew pew for sure but DB loves his puzzles and riddles...

People who were involved in writing / developing that story don't need to be on it full time when written - think of it more as a 10 year business plan, things will only happen at certain times planned in advance years ago, focus can be put on other things coz this bit is 'planned'.

Entire Sectors of the Galaxy have been locked off - what is in store in here? Who expected the Guardians at all?

Planets of potential 'lore' significance have been locked off in Diso & Lave - if there's no lore connected with this then OK I've misjudged them

Alex Ryder was head of DW, links direct to RH and the old lore, it may have been ret-conned but this is at the very least an homage to that and trying to keep a link alive for people like me....it may be more

The lore isn't the storyline, and rightly as keeps it just 'for those with eyes to see' or 'those who want to'. The storyline arc is the main focus as this will drive the game but that doesn't mean both cant happen at the same time, or in unison. I just kind of hope the 10th year isn't everyone gets an invite to the Dark Wheel, we all join and take on the Club to find Raxxla which is in Thargoid space. Thats why it cant be the storyline.

ED is like life, you don't get always get 'congratulations' messages when you do stuff / succeed, this is the beauty and the frustration with the game...but its why those who love it love it and its not like any other game, and those who don't like it can't stand it coz its not like any other game that properly rewards the hero by at least acknowledging they have somehow done something or may have to do something. eg if there was Morse Code decryptor in the game it would lead us to test things, there deliberately isn't.

Btw, what could Raxxla be now that would be anything but a letdown really? The Graveyard can now only exist ans an 'asteroid' ring of glinting ships in orbit around Tionisla, shining in the light but can't be visited due to visitor restrictions, it is a graveyard not a Tourist spot , but at least we could see the size and imagine. Any proper graveyard of ships will just be dull now and a let-down.

I might have said the same a few months back, but it seems FD have been gradually walking away from that position, and the Gan Romero admission that Galnet is just fluff helps to confirm that. All the posturing, intrigue and murder in the story have been reduced to a bit of background noise, whilst new bigger guns and ships are now the emphasis. The interstellar initiatives seem just to be to enable them to set up the next round of combat oriented narrative - equipping us with more toys to fight with.

In an internal fantasy world, I look for a dev to chime in and tell us to keep our hopes up, but it won't happen, I'm sure (now doing the equivalent of standing on a hill in a thunderstorm waving a long sword shouting 'all gods are bar-star'ds' - [ref to T. Pratchett] )

I might have said the same a few months back, but it seems FD have been gradually walking away from that position, and the Gan Romero admission that Galnet is just fluff helps to confirm that. All the posturing, intrigue and murder in the story have been reduced to a bit of background noise, whilst new bigger guns and ships are now the emphasis. The interstellar initiatives seem just to be to enable them to set up the next round of combat oriented narrative - equipping us with more toys to fight with.

In an internal fantasy world, I look for a dev to chime in and tell us to keep our hopes up, but it won't happen, I'm sure (now doing the equivalent of standing on a hill in a thunderstorm waving a long sword shouting 'all gods are bar-star'ds' - [ref to T. Pratchett] )
Yes. People have been talking about how the second initiative was better, because of the good story!?!?
Hi CMDRs, please go and **** off the thargoids so we can have a big battle. The end. 🤔 Maybe I expect to much, but where exactly was the good story?

Edit - Having the 1st round as go hand in exploration data, that will keep the explorers happy didn't quite cut it for me.

Again....maybe my expectations are unrealistic.

Edit 2 - what would have made it more interesting is if you had a pacifist faction you could donate the exploration data too, who would have blocked aegis. Then, at least, player actions would have GENUINELY influenced the path of the initiative. As it was, what was going to happen was going to happen. Any suggestion that commanders influenced it is lip service

Last edited:
oops...it was Psyren Farseer with a y not an i as I posted, still not an Xbox player though, system was right in earlier post.

OK so Galfluff was just stories of 'space madness' rather than evidence or meaningful, but they never said it was, or wasn't I accept

Yelboc - I live in hope that Discworld is out there somewhere, just imagine it if you found that! What an homage that would be...

And I've played 30 years of games from Asteroids & Planetoid, through Starlancer and the X Universe and always thought....well it's good but it's not Elite...so yes I am biased (addicted for life, pretty much regardless of what happens, if it all gets too bad I can retreat into Solo)

I've also learned to laugh at the non-existence of Raxxla in any previous game, preferring to see it as a magic trick rather than a con / insult....he's got me again.

oops...it was Psyren Farseer with a y not an i as I posted, still not an Xbox player though, system was right in earlier post.

OK so Galfluff was just stories of 'space madness' rather than evidence or meaningful, but they never said it was, or wasn't I accept

Yelboc - I live in hope that Discworld is out there somewhere, just imagine it if you found that! What an homage that would be...
Psyren Farseer is a PC player. At least the name shows up when I search in game.

Thanks Han_Zen....hmm still doesn't rule out Fdev player, just means nothing super suspicious about it, unlike the planet mapped by Salome, after she died.

To quote Victor Meldrew, I don't believe it! I've just searched EDDB for any station near Shapley 1, no filters, and the first one in the list is...a massive coincidence. Have a look Yelboc, it may be as close as we get, I'm on the way now :)

It's not an homage to Pratchett until you get to meet Binky and, game over. ;)

So: Tinfoil time...

During lunch I was under the vague impression "Parents grief/Lovers woe" might be connected to the Ilias with Priamos being the parent and the lovers Paris and Helena. So I decided to look on Galmap whether I might find a system named "Troy" - no result. But when I entered the German word for Troy (Troja) the marker inexplicably jumped to Eta Cassiopeiae. The incident was repeatable so I'm unsure whether it's a bug or not.

While I was on it I thought whether Atlantis, El Dorado und John Presbyter might actually be hints. Atlantis of course is easy to find (for reasons unknown it's underlayed with a green treiangle on my Galmap - Any idea what that means?) El Dorado on the other hand could not be found under the spanish name, but looking for its indigenious name Omagua I found a system going by that name so I think it's safe to say both Atlantis and El Dorado are in the game. Concerning John Presbyter I have currently no idea what to look for.

Last edited:

During lunch I was under the vague impression "Parents grief/Lovers woe" might be connected to the Ilias with Priamos being the parent and the lovers Paris and Helena. So I decided to look on Galmap whether I might find a system named "Troy" - no result. But when I entered the German word for Troy (Troja) the marker inexplicably jumped to Eta Cassiopeiae. The incident was repeatable so I'm unsure whether it's a bug or not.

While I was on it I thought whether Atlantis, El Dorado und John Presbyter might actually hints. Atlantis of course is easy to find (for reasons unknown it's underlayed with a green treiangle on my Galmap - Any idea what tha means?) El Dorado on the other hand could not be found under the spanish name, but lokking for its indigenious name Omagua I found a system going by that name so I think it's safe to say both Atlantis and El Dorado are in the game. Concerning John Presbyter I have corrently no idea what to look for.
Green triangle / Blue diamond is part of the commodities filter. Try Visited Systems ;)

Third planet in Eta Cass is named 'Trojan'.

That would be a Raxxla worth finding! 😁

Third planet in Eta Cass is named 'Trojan'.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWB62nd7VMs

This got me thinking. Did we really avoid Y2K? Did it just subtly go by causing problems we missed? Did it cause the events leading to the thargoids? Are there any references to this now forgotten event and scare in modern history?! Is this a universe if Y2K happened, the friends special was never watched, 9/11 never happened and we found the government secrets, and the universe slowly plunged into chaos?

On another note. I believe that is called an Amish paradise.

I wonder if they have every tried to release trojan ham?! They could go into a new form of sausage making and meat brining business. And make godawful commercials about pounding your meat and sticking in their lovely casings sealed in juices and sat for a month in their commercial grade cellars. TROJAN HAM!!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom