Keep Galatic Anomalies Petition!

/signed

Please don't intentionally remove variety from the game unless you have deliberate content to replace it :)

For the planets that are colliding? Maybe it's worth spending some time figuring out what the debris fields of a planetary collision would be like to fly through, and then implementing that idea deliberately in situations where planets are currently accidentally colliding.

/signed

oddly the dark side of the moon has now become a "thing" in ED, but just in case you want to see before 3.3 comes along.... its only a few hundred LY from Sol!

[video=youtube;_tFm52uNOh0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tFm52uNOh0[/video]

/signed

I have been to the colliding moons, and even though I understand they're not realistic, zooming between two looming bodies of rock with a handful of other CMDRs has been one of my most memorable game experiences to date.

Last edited:
/signed

BUT...

Given the timing of the Sword of Damocles collision this is much more likely a marketing attempt to draw CMDRs online for the holiday weekend since this would supposedly be the LAST collision event ever observed in the game.

Greetings CMDRs!
In the recent beta notes FDev have indicated that they will be addressing elements of the Stellar Forge that have resulted in a range of galactic anomalies like planets that collide or very brightly coloured gas giants.

There are some very well known and popular examples:

Pink Marshmallow
https://www.edsm.net/en/system/id/23023198/name/Theau+Pri+FB-W+e2-25

Blua Hypa Glowing Green Giant
https://www.edsm.net/en/system/id/2540167/name/Blua+Hypa+HT-F+d12-1226

Sword of Damocles
https://www.edsm.net/en/system/id/13944236/name/Kyloasly+DA-A+f69

I’d like to ask you all to please support me in asking FDev to leave them in the game. I recognise that they are anomalous and for some are immersion breakers, but for many they are a sight to see, a thing that takes players away from what they do most of the time to visit them. In some cases - Autumn Odyssey for example - player driven events are organised around their existence. I think they are an asset to the game and the community who have, in many cases worked quite hard to find the one’s we know about.

If you agree that they should be retained please reply to this thread with /signed

Thank you o7

Hey all!

Hi Commanders,

Thank you all so much for your feedback here! We had a quick word with the art and render team and wanted to pass on their response.

There are a couple of reasons why we have to fix bugs in the game. The first is when an issue causes problems for other Commanders. This includes issues such as game crashes, or being kicked to the main menu. We also fix issues where there is an obvious rendering problem, which can end up being tremendously unpleasant. The pink gas giants were in the latter category after our development pass with improvements to lighting and adaptive exposure.

To be clear, the green luminescent gas giants have not been altered at all, and we have no plans to change them. We have embraced them, and they're explicitly called out in the system map descriptions in Chapter 4.

The pink glow was a problem when the green ones were not, primarily due to the nature of the underlying bug. We of course do not want to intentionally remove any wonders of the galaxy.

As for planets clipping through each other, apart from stability issues for the client, this is clearly non-physical. We have not removed any planet, and will only nudge orbits to make sure there isn't a broken system. Removing a planet or wildly changing orbits is quite hazardous for us to do, and can negatively affect people's experience when playing the game.

Id like to see the glowing giants remain, but I agree on the fixing of the clipping moons...

This is where I am. I totally understand fixing planets that clip through each other. But the glowing and colorful planets? Since they're rare, they add to the gameplay, not take away from it.

The pink gas giants were in the latter category after our development pass with improvements to lighting and adaptive exposure.

To be clear, the green luminescent gas giants have not been altered at all, and we have no plans to change them. We have embraced them, and they're explicitly called out in the system map descriptions in Chapter 4.

The pink glow was a problem when the green ones were not, primarily due to the nature of the underlying bug. We of course do not want to intentionally remove any wonders of the galaxy.

Totally understandable. Just sad to see them go. ;)

Last edited:
Thanks for the explanation and for following this up with the art/dev team Ed, much appreciated! It'll be a shame to lose the colliding planets but not difficult to understand the logic of it.

Now, an even stranger rarity, a dev post in the subforum! Drink up CMDRs.

o7

Top Bottom