Alien archeology and other mysteries: Thread 9 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I abandoned it a while ago, time isn't worth the 200 million. You could stack massacre or passenger missions and make that in a couple of hours. got 13 million from the first site in solo, I'm going to let it expire.
Looking for the ruins was the fun part, and I mean trying to find a hint that would lead us to them, not the load time way. I was pretty certain the decoded data would leave us waiting for another bread crumb.
I'm now unlocking engies and getting permits, I'm usually away from the bubble so there are lots of things for me to do. Found my first probe, visited alien crash sites, got elite rank and am now jumping around to get hyperdicted so I can see the alien scout ship for myself.
I am still following this thread, hope the next mystery can be solved by in game means.

No fanfare after turning it in, just a simple thank you message (will upload it when Xbox Live stops being dumb). It also let me pickup the mission again after completing it, so it seems this will be infinitely repeatable.

Last edited:
Well this is getting boaring for me now. mGtRd had a bright idea which turned out to be junk so toss that, but we needed a known site so off to COL 173 SECTOR KY-Q D5-47 9 A hats off to Zorbaq, as we had totaly discounted it a search target. Anyway found this

View attachment 114437

View attachment 114438

Thanks to mGtRd for watching me lose myself time after time before having to go to the land of faires

madwax....

- - - Updated - - -

Cmdr Khenistry - Xbox one

Found another alpha site with a different obelisk configuration! The planet orbits an M class star, the ruins have a reddish coloration. Can't post pics directly here, posting them on elite collective xbox club.

Synuefe NL-N C23-4 B3
Coords: -30.54, -24.20

[up] Congrat sir another one :)

Last edited:

Found another alpha site with a different obelisk configuration! The planet orbits an M class star, the ruins have a reddish coloration. Can't post pics directly here, posting them on elite collective xbox club.

Synuefe NL-N C23-4 B3

Well this is getting boaring for me now. mGtRd had a bright idea which turnes out to be junk so toss that, but we needed a known site so off to COL 173 SECTOR KY-Q D5-47 9 A hats off to Zorbaq, as we had totaly discounted it a search target. Anyway found this

Well done both of you!

Well this is getting boaring for me now. mGtRd had a bright idea which turned out to be junk so toss that, but we needed a known site so off to COL 173 SECTOR KY-Q D5-47 9 A hats off to Zorbaq, as we had totaly discounted it a search target. Anyway found this

View attachment 114437

View attachment 114438

Thanks to mGtRd for watching me lose myself time after time before having to go to the land of faires

madwax....

- - - Updated - - -

[up] Congrat sir another one :)

Congrats to you as well cmdr, they seem to be turning up at frenzied clip these days!

View attachment 114437

View attachment 114438

madwax....

This site is definetly a Gamma 2 site, check out the differences in obelisk layouts:
http://imgur.com/a/1RyIR

Wonderful find!

A brief report of failure attempting to get a POI for the Ancient Ruins to appear. Playing on PC, in Solo mode. Outfitted with ADS, but no DSS.

Visited 3 known site systems, made SC overflights of each known coordinates. No joy. Dropped from SC, made approach and landings. No joy. Made a quick switch to PG mode, no joy. Completed both successful and unsuccessful obelisk scans, and still did got get a POI to appear.

Worth noting: Both sites were the "type beta" (same as the very first known site, one of which was my two targets). Maybe other types behave differently, but I have run out of play time for now.

Last edited:
A brief report of failure attempting to get a POI for the Ancient Ruins to appear. Playing on PC, in Solo mode. Outfitted with ADS, but no DSS.

Visited 3 known site systems, made SC overflights of each known coordinates. No joy. Dropped from SC, made approach and landings. No joy. Made a quick switch to PG mode, no joy. Completed both successful and unsuccessful obelisk scans, and still did got get a POI to appear.

Worth noting: Both sites were the "type beta" (same as the very first known site, one of which was my two targets). Maybe other types behave differently, but I have run out of play time for now.

I just visited the first gamma site and didn't have any luck either. I think the Xbox players witnessed a bug and we're not supposed to be able to see them as POIs.

Commanders! The search is over! Indeed, it would have been over a couple hours ago, however, it has come to my attention that some independent explorers have withheld information about a site. So we did what was right! WE found the last layout! And we published it for everyone to see!

CMDR Robbie Junior and myself, CMDR Clanga, have found the elusive third layout.

http://images.akamai.steamuserconte...851/8DBF931189525856EA9B4B011D8C870D32431C36/

CD1 planet

Oh wow I just now saw this! A third layout, well done! That one looks very interesting too.

Synuefe NL-N C23-4 B3

Sorry you cant get it uploaded. Do you at least know if it's one of the 3 variants of alpha site or a 4th variant?

Here's an updated analysis of the GS discovery frequency. These data are based on when the Canonn Discord server automated bot was updated upon new discoveries. Thus, each data point has an estimated error of 1.5 days to account for lag time between actual discovery and the Discord bot being updated. The data were collected by CMDR Larzok and presented by CMDR Boofed.

The date referred to as when Ram Tah gave us GS information is 01/24/17. Based on this trendline, GS-16 should be discovered on approximately day 20.4696 after 01/24/17. That is, around noon on 02/13/17 with estimated error of 1.5 days. In other words, we should find the next site by at least 02/15/17 at 12:00 AM.

View attachment 114440

EDIT: THIS GRAPH IS INCORRECT. THE ERROR BARS SHOULD BE ON THE X-AXIS AND NOT THE Y-AXIS. I AM FIXING IT, PLEASE STANDBY!

Fixed graph can be found here:

These data are based on when the Canonn Discord server automated bot was updated upon new discoveries. Thus, each data point has an estimated error of +/- 1.5 days to account for lag time between actual discovery and the Discord bot being updated. The data were collected by CMDR Larzok and presented by CMDR Boofed.

The date referred to as when Ram Tah gave us GS information is 01/24/17. Based on this trendline, GS-16 should be discovered on approximately day 20.5 after 01/24/17. That is, around noon on 02/13/17 with estimated error of +/- 2.5 days. In other words, we should find the next site by at least 02/16/17 at 12:00 AM.

View attachment 114445
http://i.imgur.com/UekNlfq.png

Last edited:
hopefully it will work now :)

obelisks underground at sidebyside
gamma ruins showing in nav panel (checked when we went to SC and it was still there)

OK it will be half embarassing and half stupid if this is a way to find ruins- yeah I guess someone should have noticed by now if they appear on the contacts from far away, but stupid if they don't appear anywhere else like the radar or HUD, and there's no "new contact" notification anywhere in the game.

I miss Indy War where you always had a contact list and a number of contacts available, and a little alarm when a new one showed up (and the contacts list was showing more of the navigational targets.
If a blue notice appears when we detect a new planet with the scanner, it should say something when we discover a new unexplored thing like the ruins. It should work the same as the USS'.

I believe (but of course I may be wrong) that the algorithm for choosing the planets first looks for a dwarf star in a system - it's either the heaviest one or the closest to the barycenter (or the main/first star) of the system - not enough samples yet to conclude - if it fails to find a satisfying planet (200-300 K, 1000 -2000 KM and the likes) around the dwarfs it goes down 'a notch'- again, either to the heaviest gas giant or the one closest to the primary star - this needs further checking - and picks the first planet meeting the criteria. I have no idea how is the number of sites per system or per planet determined (perhaps the distance from the core of the guardian bubble? 1 - 3 - 6 or 9?), don't know the key for the latitude or longitude nor how stellar systems are chosen. Yet. ;)

Excuse me.
What do you think what algorithm to accommodate earth settlements? Or you want to find a formula for the developers? ;)

I'm still inclined to his theory that not a mystery is not here. This quest is only prehistory to enter the game TARGOID.

And as soon as find the latest website which will give ALL figures in the quest for a frame that further search is useless.

- - - Updated - - -

OK it will be half embarassing and half stupid if this is a way to find ruins- yeah I guess someone should have noticed by now if they appear on the contacts from far away, but stupid if they don't appear anywhere else like the radar or HUD, and there's no "new contact" notification anywhere in the game.

I miss Indy War where you always had a contact list and a number of contacts available, and a little alarm when a new one showed up (and the contacts list was showing more of the navigational targets.
If a blue notice appears when we detect a new planet with the scanner, it should say something when we discover a new unexplored thing like the ruins. It should work the same as the USS'.

Sorry.

Ruins != USS
Ruins == Settlements

P.S. And I think after the end of their quest coordinates can be seen through a conventional scanner.

Last edited:
Hi all

Sorry this might be a bit late, but Site 07 Interactive Map is up.

3QmGoLJ.jpg

Please verify the active solo obelisks, you can access and make edits on http://www.nusantara.com.my/EliteDangerous/ruins1.html and selecting Site 7

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom