Any teamwork driven CMDRs in Valheim?

Banter aside, the sailing in Valheim is really top notch and coming well together. I love and hate it at the same time. It is an overall great experience. They should however add a couple more songs into the loop when at sea. Very good with the weather system. The waves can get real cranky and I just love to ride a storm and manage to safety. Always a serpent threat in the neck. You land on a virgin mini-island, naked, wet, soaked, hungry and tired. And a good cull of the loacal fauna and some choppins and you have a neat campfire. Or not. Inna storm. I really like the weather system - adds to the gameplay. Also hate it sometimes. Ah well, who am I kidding, Long Dark is a really good survival game. Valheim takes some of its elements adds building and puts it into open world and it works out nicely. Even without Jennifer Hale.

Safe exploration, however, requires a backup plan. I stranded on distant shore and died. Getting the little back was a pain. A friend of mine had the same. Is good and well when you can run for the corpse, but on a long boat trip you usually cant. Unless you come well-prepared.

Safe exploration, however, requires a backup plan. I stranded on distant shore and died. Getting the little back was a pain. A friend of mine had the same. Is good and well when you can run for the corpse, but on a long boat trip you usually cant. Unless you come well-prepared.
I keep the materials for a second boat on hand all the time plus I have a few boats parked around place.
Portals and there management becomes a very important part of the game particulary when exploring. A surtling farm will help make the resource acquistion easier.

Craith

Volunteer Moderator
I usually keep the materials for a portal in the cargo, that I can set up when I make a landfall and connect it to another one prepared back home. It does not help when you hit shallows right next to a dorf of agressive fuling creatures who make short work of you if you are not prepared (which I wasn't).

If you have access to copper, you should have access to the carve (sp?) - it will show up in your build menu as soon as you have something to make the wood hold together better than some leather strips (nails)

Last edited:
I usually keep the materials for a portal in the cargo, that I can set up when I make a landfall and connect it to another one prepared back home. It does not help when you hit shallows right next to a dorf of agressive fuling creatures who make short work of you if you are not prepared (which I wasn't).

If you have access to copper, you should have access to the carve (sp?) - it will show up in your build menu as soon as you have something to make the wood hold together better than some leather strips - nails
Yes, I'm not sure when the recipe shows up. It might be you have to craft the ingredient first for it to unlock as this seems to be the way in Valheim. This might be a bit counter-intuitive when most ingredients are gathered and not crafted.

Craith

Volunteer Moderator
Yes, I'm not sure when the recipe shows up. It might be you have to craft the ingredient first for it to unlock as this seems to be the way in Valheim. This might be a bit counter-intuitive when most ingredients are gathered and not crafted.
I blackened out the part you need to craft to avoid spoilers for those who don't want them. Edited post to make the second blackened part easier to spot

I blackened out the part you need to craft to avoid spoilers for those who don't want them. Edited post to make the second blackened part easier to spot
I know, I just wanted to nudge Frillop to the crafting without mentioning the specific ingredient. However, iirc, the longship recipe showed up once I picked up iron and I'm pretty sure I didn't need to craft the ingredients to study the BP. I remember my heart sank when I looked at all the iron needed.
However, the crypts also yield bonus iron in chests so it wasn't actually so grindy.

Craith

Volunteer Moderator
I know, I just wanted to nudge Frillop to the crafting without mentioning the specific ingredient. However, iirc, the longship recipe showed up once I picked up iron and I'm pretty sure I didn't need to craft the ingredients to study the BP. I remember my heart sank when I looked at all the iron needed.
However, the crypts also yield bonus iron in chests so it wasn't actually so grindy.
Sorry, misunderstood your post then. Yeah, the chests in the crypts help a lot.

collected 3 stacks of iron yesterday to continue with my current tower project, 2 trips fully loaded and one trip where I also brought other stuff I found in the crypt to the ship waiting at out outpost. I moved to the outpost via portal, carrying the parts of my longboat in my pocket, and used Moder's power for a speedy return trip.

Sorry, misunderstood your post then. Yeah, the chests in the crypts help a lot.

collected 3 stacks of iron yesterday to continue with my current tower project, 2 trips fully loaded and one trip where I also brought other stuff I found in the crypt to the ship waiting at out outpost. I moved to the outpost via portal, carrying the parts of my longboat in my pocket, and used Moder's power for a speedy return trip.
What does the power do?

Slept only 3 hours again today. This game. Will probably be banned very soon, it's worse than cocaine! I killed my second troll and found my first heartwood. I could build a plough now, but I don't have enough copper. I'll have to decide between the bronze axe and the plough. Difficult. I also got the recipe for these war palisades and a very ominous weapon: Will be built from 5 deer trophies, leather and wood. No metal. Looks rather untidy in the small picture. This game is not for curious types like me, no more quiet minute.

As always: Thanks for the spoiler tags :)
No time to write. Must go on...
Hartholz? Is core wood in the englischen version. The "cultivator" (plough) enables better food types, once you find the seeds. One of them is in Black Forest. A really good seed is in the biome after. Mountain is "not" the biome after black forest, but might be near your start position.
I think I'd favor cultivator but probably want both. Axe is so handy in many tasks.
The stagbreaker is early aoe weapon. Not too bad.

Yep, that was my translator (and my impatience). Is actually also called "Kernholz" in the German version, but my translator always want it to change into heartwood
It's actually correct, "heartwood" - I just looked it up. Now, it could be that the devs arent native english and the "core wood" is not properly translated.

What say the locals?

Top Bottom