December Dlc Discussion! New PZ in the following two weeks days?

I also worry that we will have a random selection of animals that don’t really work together and don’t form a coherent base.

This is the problem with having only four animals. You potentially have another situation where random mix zoo builders who aren’t bothered about realism are catered for (“who needs an emu, we already have a big bird in the form of the ostrich and now we have a cassowary”) whilst those of us who want to build more with specific styles of zoo and location in mind (which necessitates specific animals) are left with significant gaps (“I need an emu, you can’t make a realistic Australian zoo without one”).

So I’d be delighted with a Eurasian lynx, alpine ibex, alpine marmot and a deer or otter. That’s a coherent alpine/Central European base lineup. I’d be disappointed by an Iberian lynx because without an Iberian ibex and wolf that just leans towards a random mix.

I’d survive, I’d probably go for building a zoo like Lisbon with an abc collection plus Iberian lynx but a realistic Central European zoo with native species would be much harder to put together.

I think my big problem is ironically the lack of a big centerpiece animal for europe. Most of us have wished for more small to medium size animals that this pack seems to deliver, which is great, but from my german perspective of having our bunch of wildparks in kind its disappointing in the form of, that now i would have most of the supporting animals, but none of the larger herbivores that they are typically dedicated to (red deer, roe deer, fallow deer, wisents, mouflon, wild boar). Yes we might have the moose and reindeer, but they are rather uncommon in these smaller zoos. The ibex sadly also isnt typically seen in them outside of their natural range.
Something this pack does succeed in though, is featuring animals that you would see in larger zoos. Many of the bigger zoos here, if they arnt heavily themed like to just through some smaller habitats for local fauna inbetween. Ibexes are rather common in medium to large size zoos, as are otters, lynxes and badgers, while only the lynx is actually common in the wildparks. So from that perspective, this is a very well put together dlc, especally with this cute little instrument theme in mind, which makes me believe that it will be the otter, not the deer.
Also, its an european scenery pack, i bet those pieces will slap, im really not worried on that front.
Also also, if we look at the genral roster of european animals, we would see:
  • both apex predators (we have two brown bears, not optimal but you can make believe and the wolf)
  • 1 of 2 megafauna species (moose in, wisent not)
  • 0 of 3 temperate deer + the reindeer
  • 4 small carnivores (1 cat, 1 fox, 1 badger, 1 otter)
  • 1 alpine animal (ibex)
  • 1 seal
  • 2 river animals (beaver, otter)
  • 1 medium sized herbivore (ibex again)

So lets review this.
Carnivore roster is great! No complains here.
Herbivores...oh lord, you see where im getting at?
This is an overall trend in the game, but especally with our herbivore focused smaller and sometimes bigger zoos in europe this just feels very, very weird to me.
Good overall raster with one giant black spot of herbivores that would tie it all together. Just one deer and maybe the mouflon or wild boar and this problem would be solved. Ironic how europe is the one that i feel like in the aftermath would have needed the animal pack treatment the most, eventhough i would consider myself rather on the builder side of things.

Well, I'm just happy that Europe is getting some kind of representation.

I know an animal pack is possible (I made a couple of hypothetical Euro animal packs, myself, that I was hoping), but y'all are also getting a theme (any ideas what the them is? Bavarian?)

All I really hope for from Euro is 1 deer, maybe the red fox, and the wild boar.

Wild thought: I think now that COVID delayed the Australia pack till the end of summer and they had to skip the autumn pack in 2020, which would have been the European pack, hence that South America, Australia and Europe had so little animals in the base game. Now we are finally getting that missing pack.

Wild thought: I think now that COVID delayed the Australia pack till the end of summer and they had to skip the autumn pack in 2020, which would have been the European pack, hence that South America, Australia and Europe had so little animals in the base game. Now we are finally getting that missing pack.
Makes sense.

That could also account for the 1st anniversary not having anything special (isn't it weird how I joined 2 days before the anniversary? Maybe I messed up Frontier's plans😝. Bwa ha ha)

This I'm more interested in. I'm assuming it'll be kinda like the faux jungle/Arctic pieces like we got in the Aquatic pack? If so, I'm definitely gonna use these
Screenshot_20211207-145305_YouTube.jpg

Bavarian Style is annoying, when it is discused about European Representation.
There is southern European, Mediterranean architecture and northern brick structures. Not exclusive, boring alpine framework.

1638887057442.png

That is something unusual. North America animal pack is literally ,,newer,, than Europe? The higher appid the later something is added to steam. So it was just waiting to be released. What if next pack is closer than we think then?

View attachment 279079
That is something unusual. North America animal pack is literally ,,newer,, than Europe? The higher appid the later something is added to steam. So it was just waiting to be released. What if next pack is closer than we think then?
It makes sense if you think about it: now that Frontier is alternating between an Animal pack and a "normal" pack, I think 2 teams can work on 2 separate projects at the same time: one on the Animal pack's animations/noises/appearances and the other, in the meantime, on the "normal" pack's scenery pieces

Top Bottom