Important Information From Operation IDA

It requires a lot of effort just to save one system, this war requires a lots of systems to be saved. With our current technology in the game, the bubble is going to burn, so I say just let it burn until we get the means to save it.

I assume the narrative is to make it seem hopeless for while until something happens and we get the means turn the tide against the Thargoids.

It could still be hopeless overall while allowing something to be done that provides progress to the participants. If there is no amount of effort that the player base can reasonably put forward to turn even one of hundreds of lost systems or stations then there is no further point in participating at all. That makes it insanely difficult to tweak it later.

Im sure others are going to be doing as I am, move on to other aspects because there is no point in grinding against a vertical wall of impossible height. I guess I'll see where it goes from here, With the current criteria the conflict side is simply not interesting to me anymore.

Then if that's the case, either we dont have the right tools/knowledge yet to defeat the Thargoids or Fdev wants to sabotage their own game. Frustrating players is not a good idea.
That wouldn't be the first time, knowing FDev. So i hope you are right about the right tools/knowledge to defeat them

They tapped out before getting even a single data point.

There's not even a trend confirmed based on factual data - it's all based on a linear interpolation of a single assumption.
Perhaps some star systems are easier to defend then others.

More testing is needed, and this'll happen faster by not putting all one's eggs in one basket in a brute force attempt.

There's not even a trend confirmed based on factual data - it's all based on a linear interpolation of a single assumption.
Perhaps some star systems are easier to defend then others.
Or Maybe, concentrating all efforts on a system that is already under heavy Thargoid attack is just the wrong way to go. They launched an attack to wipe out all of humanity, and they wouldn't have started if they were not able to reach their goal. A system that is invaded might just be too much for our current abilities. Why don't you just try focusing on a system that's just in the "alert" state?!

I really have a great problem with the reaction of Operation IDA or the AXI - sure, this resetting is demoralizing and has to be changed. But instead of trying to motivate the players, you all just give up.
"Oh, we can't defend a system that's under the heaviest attack imaginable - so it's too dangerous to try defending a different system"
Okay, so let's focus on different things in the game and let the Thargoids do their job until they changed the system and balanced it out. Oh, and when will it be balanced, that the combined efforts of the whole community is finally able to at least defend a single system? And how can they know that it is balanced if we just stop organizing?
I think that it's supposed to happen, that the Thargoids take over the control in quite a large number of systems, before we're able to bring their progress to a halt. Until then we can be happy if we're able to at least slow them down a bit. We will lose systems that are important for us. We will lose battles, ships, credits, stations and maybe even game progress. But we shouldn't lose that motivation that we saw in the community over the last week - and an important part of this was, IMO, that those big player groups started to name targets, systems we should try to defend. And now you just stopped, because you didn't succeed first try.

I'm also really upset that all the progress in HIP 23716 is gone and I "wasted" my evenings fighting in CZ (I had quite fun doing this, but losing all progress really causes the feeling that this was just a waste of time)... But it's even more demoralizing to see that a lot of players just give up immediately and that even groups like IDA don't try to motivate the people to get over this setback and try a different way or a different target/System.

However. I don't know if I was able to express what I wanted to say - I know english only as a foreign language and I have to look up quite a lot of words....
But I'll now set up an Orthrus killing machine and try to help out in Trianguli Sector CA-A c15 - the second priority on the system list and it's just in the "alert" state. But now it really feels like it's totally in vain - there won't be a lot of players trying this out, so there won't be any noteworthy progress.

I was just thinking it's like "Edge of Tomorrow".

lol - great minds think alike!

From the Discord:

Hi all,

Due to the information released today, making it clear all system progress will be reset every 7 days, we have made the tough decision to discontinue tracking and no longer focus on support and relief efforts for HIP 23716, or any other thargoid war systems.

While we encourage everyone to take part in the new Thargoid war content as they see fit. We do not feel we can advise our members to spend their time and effort on this dangerous hauling. After being given a timer showing 7 weeks, a vast portion of the community put their all into a single system, managing to move the bar to around 40% complete, yet all that work is now set to be erased.

Until more is known, and the expectations and requirements changed or at least made clear we will only be focusing on CG work when available.

To everyone who worked with us to move cargo and complete missions in HIP 23716, to all the AX and rescue commanders, we thank you for your exceptional efforts this last week.

~Op-Ida Management
I feel until we can dislodge the maelstroms we cannot win the war. But I hope, crossing my fingers and toes that FDEV will allow us to win some battles (like HIP 23716) as long as we realize while we win one system, the goids win 5/10/x systems.

I hope they strike this balance (Screemonster noted on bottom of 1st page) so that we can strategize to keep key stations/systems while u15 and u16 will show the way to slow down the goids (by taking out the brains in the maelstroms).

I guess we find out if they want us to win any battles before u15.

OPTICS
Had they set the bar progress to 5% corresponding to last week's effort without a reset, amounting to 15% after 3 weeks of the effective EDO playerbase (fdev knows that), would commanders feel better ?

What I'd like to know is how exactly they measured success. Perhaps someone who knows BGS/Powerplay well enough could explain ?

1) By completed CZs ? I hope not, I played every day and last 3 days 15 hours per day. I started CZs and killed all goids (except Hydras) but the progress bar was stuck.
I did not win a single CZ.

2) By completed missions ? I had multiple incomplete missions, did I make negative contribution ?
I admit I took kill 'n' cyclops missions and similar for basilisks and medusas. Unfortunately in open at Wolf station basilisks and medusas did not spawn (maybe once?) so I never completed those missions.

3) By amount of combat bounty (over 1.2BN) ?

What if goid sympathizers take dozens of missions and just fail them ? If I were a ganker, I'd do exactly that to have all players in a handful of remaining human controlled systems.

The Battle for HIP 23716 is the most I've played the game in Open and interacted with others in-game since launch. Had a lot of fun, saw my first Hydra kill, and hope FDev can bring that back by getting rid of the weekly progress reset.

With a co-ordinated response we absolutely SHOULD be able to fight and hold one or two systems against anything other than a Maelstrom. The counter-point to that of course being that the Thargoids were taking too many other systems at the same time, so while we'd be winning the battles, we'd still be losing the war until the lore advanced and we got some way to take the fight to the Maelstroms themselves.

do you even realize there is no difference between resetting every week and every 7 weeks?
if resetting will be switched to 7 weeks cycle, then progress bar and numbers for victory will be increased proportionally x7.
and you will cry again and even more, after 7 weeks fighting for nothing.
the only effect of switching to 7 weeks cycle will be slowing down dynamic of war.
at this moment the only issue is to find correct balanced numbers for reaching victory in 1 week cycle

do you even realize there is no difference between resetting every week and every 7 weeks?
if resetting will be switched to 7 weeks cycle, then progress bar and numbers for victory will be increased proportionally x7.
and you will cry again and even more, after 7 weeks fighting for nothing.
the only effect of switching to 7 weeks cycle will be slowing down dynamic of war.
at this moment the only issue is to find correct balanced numbers for reaching victory in 1 week cycle
No, 7 weeks and a single result, one way or the other, is a different mechanic than multiple reset attempts.

but that's exactly how it is now. no?
i fought at 63 Eridani and we lost couple of stations, and this week the next one is under attack and going to be lost

It can be fixed by removing the weekly reset mechanic.

Why?
Having a weekly count of wins/loses can make for a more dynamic and tactical war map.
And it is really non-sensical to have 6 weeks long battles as much as is non-sensical to have progress carrying over from one battle (1 week) to the next battle (next week)
It's like losing the day in a bgs war and expecting the cz you won day1 to be counted again in the day2.

Then again, it would only be fair that Thargoid progress to carry over in the next week too - and if so, we're indeed toasted because we cannot stagger out defense efforts and deal with several systems each week, then next week with other systems and so on.

Adjusting the numbers will help mitigate the doom feeling that we lost already, removing the reset not so much

edit: clarity

Yup, I can smell bubble burning... since it seems like some major AX groups already yielded (so quickly indeed, lol), makin big fuss here and there, while they all will be probly back soon (even faster than thier "strike") as things get "adjusted" whenever by diffrent week requirements in order to "win" a system back or new weps/tech unlocked/added that would make killin goids faster or even removal of AX limits.

Look, war just barely started on, it would be no fun at all, if atleast 30% of bubble would be not lost, with many major systems either be in direct threat or already invaded. What, you ppl really think you would just take advantage of BGS and win?

Surely I feel that, I would be upset too (only a bit, though) if my efforts would be vanished like that, but to declare that I wont be playin anymore cuz of that, before checkin whats will be on longer ride? Hell nope, Im nowhere that shortsighted or unpatient.

There plently of things that are very likely will shift things around for cmdrs side in thier favour, like those I just did mention, so my advice for anyone who got thier feelies hurt by that reset, just wait a bit more.

Top Bottom