Mystery's continuation: New message from ''Salvation''

hey guys, im at the crew crashsite (final planet) with all the thargoids and guardians POI's.
What am i suppose to do? scan things with the SRV or what am i missing here?

thanks a bunch
Get the logs from the ship, collect the data mats from the data point and the other mats if you want them. Then wait to see where the story goes next. That's it, basically.

Deleted member 275835

D
Haha, it's going to heavily inform my expectations for the new era, that's for sure. So far, we've got reused assets and bugged gameplay from four years ago. However, maybe this is stalling for time for the console 'full release' where thargoid onfoot combat will drop.
The 'maybe' is what has me seriously questioning my sanity in reinstalling Horizons to take part in this, instead of just, y'know, waiting for Canonn to do a write up and maybe following the trail myself a few months down the line.

Someone said a few pages back that it sounds like there's more to be discovered here; while that may be true (and we could certainly do with some actual content in Odyssey), I can't help but feel like this is going to turn out like the finale to Lost... :poop:

its indicative of something systemically wrong with fdev management
Please explain. In what way is this any indication of something.

There are many things which Frontier has done or not done that are indeed indicative of something, but in my mind this is just a simple case of the new codex functionality (back when it was new) being added, and not instantly and magically being integrated into every aspect of the game's messaging and information system. It takes development time to made the connection to every time of information and it takes communication services to transmit every one of those. I'm a developer, it's not all magic. It all takes work.

None of us know what decisions were made, We don't know if the developers fully specicified out the codex design which included storage of those features in the codex or just missed that feature. Maybe they pitched a full design and had to pare it down due to time restraints. We don't know.

On the other hand we do know that Frontier is now paying more dearly for rushing Odyssey, but I believe they're learning from it and will make it right! 2020 was a nightmare for everyone so I'm going to cut them some slack and let them try to fix it.

Last edited:
Please explain. In what way is this any indication of something.

There are many things which Frontier has done or not done that are indeed indicative of something, but in my mind this is just a simple case of the new codex functionality (back when it was new) being added, and not instantly and majically being integrated into every aspect of the game's messaging and information system. It takes development time to made the connection to every time of information and it takes connumication services to transmit every one of those. I'm a developer, it's not all magic. It all takes work.
did you miss the launch of odyssey? the launch of carriers? the lies told?

The actual developers seem to be doing the work, but the management seems to have lost direction.

Why are arx not given for doing tasks on foot? only some missions give them

why do the codex entries not work? especially for a promoted "event"?

they have done this so often its expected but that shouldn't let them get away with it

did you miss the launch of odyssey? the launch of carriers? the lies told?

The actual developers seem to be doing the work, but the management seems to have lost direction.

Why are arx not given for doing tasks on foot? only some missions give them

why do the codex entries not work? especially for a promoted "event"?

they have done this so often its expected but that shouldn't let them get away with it
Believe me, I understand your frustration, but I believe you're reading into things and making many assumption which may not be factual. You don't know all the details are where the blame should fall for what.

As far as the one feature mentioned by the OP, anyone who knows development as well as I do, and I'm sure others here, would know that it's not easy to get every bit of a feature right day one, so leaving that feature out is very understandable to me.

By the way, I was still editing a bit when you responded, and I guess you didn't see my last sentence which I wrote before reading this.

Last edited:
There's great significance in the two log entries you can find.
They're not voice acted; some logs were in the past. And to those not really paying attention it seems boring.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGMaIx0ExqI

The scientists essentially did what most CMDRs do when they first visit a Guardian ruin.
A pillar with a crystal rises up out of the ground; and we pew-pew the crystal off it's socket.
Then we look at it, pick it up, but realize it's useless vendor trash and stop picking them up from that point on.

These scientists, however, knew better - probably because they have a few Masters and maybe a Doctorate in Nasty Stuff.

These "Guardian Relic" crystals -- they are apparently multiple-use devices that can emit staggering amounts of gamma and neutron radiation several orders of magnitude more then the Demon Core of the 1940s.
The nearby Guardian Site has several crashed Thargoid vessels, some almost 15km away from it, so apparently the "Guardian Relics" are super-effective!

And thanks to hundreds if not thousands of CMDRs visit the site, scanning the logs, and cashing in the "abandoned settlement intel package", the entire Bubble now knows about it.

If you thought souped-up Enzyme bombings that the NMLA does were overpowered, wait until they haul one of those glowing Guardian Relics into a Station and hook it up. It'll cook everyone on that Station, no worries.

There's great significance in the two log entries you can find.
They're not voice acted; some logs were in the past. And to those not really paying attention it seems boring.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGMaIx0ExqI

The scientists essentially did what most CMDRs do when they first visit a Guardian ruin.
A pillar with a crystal rises up out of the ground; and we pew-pew the crystal off it's socket.
Then we look at it, pick it up, but realize it's useless vendor trash and stop picking them up from that point on.

These scientists, however, knew better - probably because they have a few Masters and maybe a Doctorate in Nasty Stuff.

These "Guardian Relic" crystals -- they are apparently multiple-use devices that can emit staggering amounts of gamma and neutron radiation several orders of magnitude more then the Demon Core of the 1940s.
The nearby Guardian Site has several crashed Thargoid vessels, some almost 15km away from it, so apparently the "Guardian Relics" are super-effective!

And thanks to hundreds if not thousands of CMDRs visit the site, scanning the logs, and cashing in the "abandoned settlement intel package", the entire Bubble now knows about it.

If you thought souped-up Enzyme bombings that the NMLA does were overpowered, wait until they haul one of those glowing Guardian Relics into a Station and hook it up. It'll cook everyone on that Station, no worries.
and there is a mega ship lost in "hyperspace" with several thousand of them on board. Not sure minimum safe distance will apply.

so did anyone else notice the srv sonar indicate a signal under the living pod at the conda?
looks the same as if it were a metallic meteorite.
doesn't go away if you relog or go into EDO.
I was hoping its a box with the key to the conda.
but I can't seem to get at it.

so did anyone else notice the srv sonar indicate a signal under the living pod at the conda?
looks the same as if it were a metallic meteorite.
doesn't go away if you relog or go into EDO.
I was hoping its a box with the key to the conda.
but I can't seem to get at it.
If you go into turret 'mode' might be able to target it?

No didn't notice anything under the ship when I was there. I Could have missed seeing it...

the only diff I see from these guardian sentinels is there seems to be no end to them, and a lot of them seem to enjoy quite high altitude.
they are dumb, flip my srv over and they all come toward the ground...heh

another guardian codex discovery btw...and it did enter it into the codex

Believe me, I understand your frustration, but I believe you're reading into things and making many assumption which may not be factual. You don't know all the details are where the blame should fall for what.

As far as the one feature mentioned by the OP, anyone who knows development as well as I do, and I'm sure others here, would know that it's not easy to get every bit of a feature right day one, so leaving that feature out is very understandable to me.

By the way, I was still editing a bit when you responded, and I guess you didn't see my last sentence which I wrote before reading this.
I dont think this mystery is indicative of any problems in FD management, more like it indicates the CMs/Game Director are trying to keep the community interest going despite all the bugs that are currently evident.

What is indicative of FD management problems is the fact that Odyssey was released in such a poor shape. Why did they think that only a short alpha test phase was required, when the original game needed alpha,
+beta+gamma testing? Odyssey is more complex than the original game and seems to be a complete rewrite so it should have had comparable testing.

I dont blame the devs, they’re stuck probably working excessive overtime to urgently fix the problems. It was a management decision to 1) ignore beta/gamma testing 2)release after too short an alpha. Did none of the management team try to play the game before release? Somebody should have been saying “Nope, this game is not yet in a fit state to release”.

There does seem to be a current problem with positioning (and possibly movement) of assets, both in Odyssey and Horizons. I was engineering a new ship in Horizons last week and visited one of the engineer bases where everything seemed to be floating around 500 feet in the air.

I guess the disappointing thing for me was... as soon as i saw the abandoned srv didn't have cutaway panels, i stopped doing anything on foot. No panels = no Horizons stuff.

Top Bottom