Mystery's continuation: New message from ''Salvation''

I mean lorewise anything is possible but it seems unlikely. "Salvation" sais he's a "man of science", so maybe he is really just a man. Also Halsey isn't really a scientist. But at this point anything is possible. What we do know is that Salvation knows a lot more then we think and has a lot more power too.
Yeah, and Liz Ryder made explosive for her buddies in the Blue Mafia. Oh wait, she didn't.
And the Order of Mudhrib was acting on the orders from a Duval. Oh wait, they didn't.

The NMLA have been very good at pretending. And Salvation doesn't even give you anything about him/her.

Beating a dead horse, but all this event has done so far for me is to remind me of annoying bugs. Floating rocks, invisible rocks, SRV taking collision damage despite shields
AFAIK collision damage despite shields in SRV was always a thing. At least as far as I remember. People that drive a lot usually turn shields off to conserve fuel.
I don't think it's a bug - it looks like design, because otherwise SRV would be basically indestructible in normal, non-combat situations.

Could the Guardian AI (be it Salvation or not) have been more involved in humanly things than we thought?
I think the only time we had contact with the Guardian AIs was for the Halsey "otherworldly" experience. Where she was able to give places for guardian ruins after sort of dreaming of them, during the failed assassinate attempt on her.

I think the AI don't want to take an active part anymore. They had to genocide their creators, and it may have left some scars. Maybe they just "pushed" us toward the ruin so we could defend ourselves against the Thargoids, as their creators did long ago. Then left us to do our thing.

Also, Guardian AI have no way to know specific and secret part of our history, that not even us knew. Like adamstor/hesperus.

Salvation is way too deep in that. Certainly hiding stuff. Whether it's for good or bad, well, that's left to be seen.

whatever

I said that I see on my srv sonar indication of something under the living pod.
I said it looks the same as metallic meteorite.

someone wants to assume that a person with over 30 million miles on an srv and has collected over 84,000 items has no idea what he is doing.
that's fine.

fyi, I landed hours before and drove srv to the site, I destroyed all meteors around before this. Attempting to clear the area.

I picked up everything in the area, I circled several times. targeted everything and shot everything with srv and with ship.
In all I did, as well as logging out of the game EDH, and into EDO and back to EDH. the signal remained firmly put directly under the living pod..
If you are familiar with the signals on the sonar you will know what it looks like.
Go see the signal for yourself.
I have looked at it from 2 different accounts and from several logins. it remains persistent.
Being able to make everything float simply by remaining in srv and exiting game. this shows a red box that I cannot get at.

Might all simply be graphical errors, etc.
I pointed it out because finding a signal that is always there, like this one is very unusual.

Even if it is nothing but a glitch, When I have more time, I will try other things, Until I am satisfied that there is nothing there.

there were others there watching me as well, and they could also see what I could see.

I think the only time we had contact with the Guardian AIs was for the Halsey "otherworldly" experience. Where she was able to give places for guardian ruins after sort of dreaming of them, during the failed assassinate attempt on her.

I think the AI don't want to take an active part anymore. They had to genocide their creators, and it may have left some scars. Maybe they just "pushed" us toward the ruin so we could defend ourselves against the Thargoids, as their creators did long ago. Then left us to do our thing.

Also, Guardian AI have no way to know specific and secret part of our history, that not even us knew. Like adamstor/hesperus.

Salvation is way too deep in that. Certainly hiding stuff. Whether it's for good or bad, well, that's left to be seen.

I mean, it's an AI that operated through a huge network of space beacon things. If any parts of it survived it may have had wide reach. Also, we've collectively been activating parts of that network for that past years, which could have caused its influence and ability to communicate to grow.

I always thought this part of the wiki on Guardians was quite interesting:

A schism emerged between the nature-worshipping traditionalists and the technologically minded progressives – a divide that widened with alarming speed. Efforts were made to defuse the rising tension, but the traditionalists felt alienated by the rapid rate of change. Artificial intelligence and the development of the monolith network became scapegoats for all manner of social ills, and the traditionalists began to clamour for a return to simpler times. Ultimately the ideological divergence proved insurmountable, a second civil war erupted, quickly engulfing most of the Guardians’ star systems.[14] The abolitionists seized control of the homeworld, and exiled supporters of a liberated AI.[5]

In its early stages, the war was fought primarily by soldiers, but within a decade – and after significant loss of life – most of the fighting was conducted remotely. The progressives fought with automated combat machines. These engines of war took various forms, from autonomous drones to vast, lumbering dreadnoughts imbued with limited artificial intelligence. On the other side, the traditionalists relied mostly on biological weapons. They used germ warfare alongside long-range missiles loaded with corrosive enzymes, which could target the enemy’s war machines from a great distance.[15]

The main issue was the internecine nature of the conflict, which raged for over one hundred years and brought the Guardians’ civilisation to its knees, retarding any further social development. But the challenges facing the traditionalists were exacerbated by the fact that they devoted most of their resources to honouring the dead. They regarded the departed in much the same way as the primitive cultures of Sol, constructing vast shrines to honour the deceased. As their situation worsened, they became increasingly obsessed with these practices. With so much of their resources dedicated to these rites, it is little wonder that their enemies’ war machines were able to overwhelm them.[16]

Remarkably, it seems the artificial intelligences developed during the conflict became fully self aware at some point, and were horrified by the destruction unfolding around them. It’s difficult to get a sense of exactly what happened next, as the Guardians were not privy to the Constructs’ thoughts. But reading between the lines, Ram Tah believes the Constructs determined that even if peace was restored the Guardians would never be able to transcend their violent natures. Ram Tah believes they decided that the only way to preclude further violence – while giving their own burgeoning society the best possible chance of survival – was to destroy what remained of the Guardians’ civilisation. By this time, the Constructs had complete control of the Guardians’ munitions and automated war machines. Their attack, when it came, was swift and merciless. Strategic nuclear and chemical-weapon strikes were executed with a precision that only a machine race could accomplish. The few that survived were able to record what had happened, but they soon succumbed to radiation poisoning.[2] Increasingly automated weapons irradiated the Guardians’ planets, forcing the creation of protective shield domes. As these eventually fell, so did the last of the Guardians.[5] The Guardians were utterly destroyed.[2]
https://elite-dangerous.fandom.com/wiki/Guardian

Wouldn't they have called themselves Salvation?

OK, so spoiler ahead.

What is interesting, however, is how they knew relatively accurately where to go for alien stuff. This is pretty much "first contact" already, as far as we know. Yet, they sent 2 expeditions specifically looking for it ? The log say the scientists were fully aware of the alien tech, and had been tasked to make weapon out of it, long before leaving port.
You can argue they didn't know until adamastor stumbled upon a Thargoid "thing", and it might be true. But adamastor was supposed lost, and was only "discovered" centuries later. And I don't think they had a thargoid map ready to share, even if they sent a message back home.

Hesperus knew where to go. To the point the escape craft from hesperus, with relatively limited range, literally stumbled upon a guardian/thargoid site. Two alien species we supposedly knew NOTHING about in this time.

How did they knew ? It was a small corporation that wanted to get big. Not even Sirius or anything.

Then, as you said, Salvation knew they were working on alien weapon tech hybrid, and apparently is looking for that to. I assume to, officially, "kill" the Thargoids (genocide 2.0 ?).

I have a bit of a theory about this, the original game lore stated the thargoid first contact happened in the 2800's (sorry I've forgotten the exact year) and this was reflected in the first contact tourist beacon until it was updated. I had assumed it was a retcon to make first contact 3125. What if the retcon isn't that deep however, so here is a theory.

First contact in 2800's sometime later the first thargoid war began (according to the original game it went on well over a century). The retcon to this was it was hushed up, as the war took place away from human space and FTL communications are/were limited it may have been possible to fight it in the shadows provided it was key enough. Spin on to 3111 and the adamastor events happen. Azimuth may have had some awareness of the already on going thargoid war and this discovery confirmed it was aliens so they moved to profit from such a war. The adamastor was then lost so they began scouring the galaxy for another ... sample? of alien tech, after two years they had some idea of where to look and dispatched the hesperus leading to what we've just discovered.

Finally in 3125 the war widens and gets close to human space to hide so Goverments act as if the war has just started and keep the records that the war had been on going for a long time secret.

What salvation is looking for is weapons developed between the start of the war and thargoids becoming public knowledge.

Anyway its just a theory I have nothing to back it up especially as it relies on lore that may no longer be canon.

I mean the Guardian sites we found are all "communication outposts". They serve as signal boosters I think. We haven't found actual sites were guardians lived, just their communication outposts.

May I just comment that Odyssey manages to make the location way less interesting? In Horizons, there are 5 biological sites, numbered so you could tell them apart when going from one to the next. In Odyssey, there are 4 skimmer sites, totally nondescript but all named "distress beacon", which would be a MAJOR discovery if anyone from the ship were left alive. This is part of one of Odyssey's glaring flaws; the resetting of plenty of established terrain. Half the interesting discoveries from Horizons days are just gone. Then again, for a research team not to note this third kind of exobiology they landed in is weird as well.

Here's the description "totally nondescript" glosses over: There are 4-6 skimmers, some ship fragments (mostly unidentifiable shrapnel) a trespass zone of unclear authority, some occupied escape pods, personal weapons and narcotics. Apparently this civilization wide mystery crash site is a smuggler hideout? Way to go, Odyssey.

Last edited:
Do we actually know they were wiped by a rogue AI? What if they just collectively decided to upload their minds into their network and cease to exist in physical world? Kind of like Aztecs in Star Gate after ascension. In this scenario Salvation could be a Guardian that is helping us out.

For me it just doesn't make sense that their AI would be trying to help us after it massacred all Guardians because they were fighting each other. We are not different after all.

Do we actually know they were wiped by a rogue AI? What if they just collectively decided to upload their minds into their network and cease to exist in physical world? Kind of like Aztecs in Star Gate after ascension. In this scenario Salvation could be a Guardian that is helping us out.

For me it just doesn't make sense that their AI would be trying to help us after is massacred all Guardians because they were fighting each other. We are not different after all.
Guardian being wiped by their AI going full Skynet on them seems cannon. Apparently it's from a set of log through Ram Tah quest. Didn't do that one, and have no idea how to get it.

I got the info from the wiki, then checked the source quickly.

I have a bit of a theory about this, the original game lore stated the thargoid first contact happened in the 2800's (sorry I've forgotten the exact year) and this was reflected in the first contact tourist beacon until it was updated. I had assumed it was a retcon to make first contact 3125. What if the retcon isn't that deep however, so here is a theory.

First contact in 2800's sometime later the first thargoid war began (according to the original game it went on well over a century). The retcon to this was it was hushed up, as the war took place away from human space and FTL communications are/were limited it may have been possible to fight it in the shadows provided it was key enough. Spin on to 3111 and the adamastor events happen. Azimuth may have had some awareness of the already on going thargoid war and this discovery confirmed it was aliens so they moved to profit from such a war. The adamastor was then lost so they began scouring the galaxy for another ... sample? of alien tech, after two years they had some idea of where to look and dispatched the hesperus leading to what we've just discovered.

Finally in 3125 the war widens and gets close to human space to hide so Goverments act as if the war has just started and keep the records that the war had been on going for a long time secret.

What salvation is looking for is weapons developed between the start of the war and thargoids becoming public knowledge.

Anyway its just a theory I have nothing to back it up especially as it relies on lore that may no longer be canon.
Nice idea 👍
Could also make up for a good number of locked and inaccessible systems.
If these systems were part of the hidden part of the Thargoid war, permit locking them and creating a PR story around would be a way to hide them in a extending bubble in plain sight.

Galnet, of course. Azimuth detectes the Guardian communication network or the Guardian AI reveals it to them. They assemble a couple of expeditions to find the physical hardware/magic weaponry and stumbles upon Thargoids. Maybe this was the AI plan from the start. All this happened before and will happen again.

For me it just doesn't make sense that their AI would be trying to help us after it massacred all Guardians because they were fighting each other. We are not different after all.

That's the thing though. We shouldn't necessarily assume it's helping us, but consider that perhaps we're helping it.

Could the Guardian AI (be it Salvation or not) have been more involved in humanly things than we thought?
Absolutely! See my Raxxla in Sol hypothesis (updated last week) in the Quest for Raxxla thread.
We know from Ram Tah’s decodes that there were Guardian explorers, hunting parties, and also exiles who were expelled because of their fondness for technology. There were also three Guardian ark ships. Any of those Guardians could have come to Sol and brought their technology including AI. The Mars artefact is a strong indication that aliens visited Sol in the distant past. Raxxla seems to be an alien word. Guardian monoliths are covered in triangle-based patterns, and similar triangle-based patterns appear briefly in the PF ship’s nav panel, in UC and also in the latest ED Newsletter. And remember that it is PF that applies the system permits!

I think the indications are that Guardians visited Sol, affected human evolution, and left something somewhere in Sol which is a gateway. This is reminiscent of the 2001 Space Odyssey film, and the Blue Danube music from that is repeated during ED autodocking. I suspect Salvation is either “Gail”, the human-created anti-tharg AI from Sarasvati logs or Guardian AI that is behind the PF & has been monitoring/guiding humanity for eons and gathers info via UC data sales.

Last edited:
HYpothesis from stuff ive done ingame ..... meeting lore and items already available and thier descriptions ...

1) Hybride tech was researched earlier than known (this goose chase)

2) Normally a guardian data ball has a space beacon within 30ly, have we found this ones network yet?

3) No braintrees yet as far as i know, used to be a sign of guardians nearby ....

4)Prysmatics .... Prisms are Crystalline objects that are roughly the shape of Guardian Artifacts and keys, for years ive said blue hair had access to guardian tech to make the shield, but been shouted down as "not been found by that time" ...

5) Are there other things guardian and thargoid based in the Powerplay artillery? Maybe jump stopping missiles? lasers that interfere with systems? Even the experimental effects could be added bits of alien tech ....

6) all of this runup to odessey story stuff could have been meant for earlier in the games release but we just went "WHAT NO MORE?" Never asking ourselves have we looked into this enough? Some stories from the first year are now being readdressed or even revisited 5 years later, and things that were thought as unconnected randomness are actually intricately and subtly interconnected, maybe the hesperus was meant to be found in another system or the other one, but we never looked in the one boring location ... asteroid belt clusters, no matter how many asteroid cluster and planetary rings we were shown in illustrations ....

7) Just because 1 way to solve a puzzle has been found, it may not be the only way to solve the puzzle, if that puzzle is the hellraiser box, then solving it will change it to a secondary form, which has to be solved to make another form, so on and so forth, i still think that the thargoid map room is meant to be a 5+ step puzzle and we are only just getting the 1st 2 steps, step 1) gaining entry 2) figuring the link access 3) figuring what is needed to turn it on and turning it on 4)figuring the step to highlight the information in the map room. 5) actually getting the information and following that.

There are gaps in our lore knowledge that have been widened by peoples lore theories being taken as gospel, we dont exactly know what has been changed with existing lore, we cannot get access to the same file access as Kahina Loren did in the stories, there are no libraries to access with known lore all in one place, the codex was hopefully that but its not, we find stuff we look at beacons and sights but no, the information isnt in our codex's we have to go to inara or other external sites ...

Whatever happened, having Thargoid ships that were shot down with Guardian weaponry will prove to be valuable research on how the Guardians affected Thargoids and were able to beat them back. Ram Tah is going to be ecstatic.

Top Bottom