Please remove the 256 species limit

I made a little gif to visualize the effect of the species limit, because it can seem a little abstract what it actually does. Basically, every species counts towards the limit, so if there's more DLC animals, you won't be able to install as much mods. I truly hope the devs can take a look at this limit because after official support, as many here have said, mods will become an integral part of the game (if they aren't already).

0egtG2i.gif
I think they want to turn the Mods into their money $$$$$. Eventually there are no species rooms for Mods.

Not sure if this has been mentioned but what about stability regrading mods? Did having a higher limit or unlimited cause unexpected issues with mods crashing each time an update came around because it sounds like mods don't seem to break as bad compared to last year

Not sure if this has been mentioned but what about stability regrading mods? Did having a higher limit or unlimited cause unexpected issues with mods crashing each time an update came around because it sounds like mods don't seem to break as bad compared to last year
It just took longer to load the game with more installed. Nothing crazy just more like 2 extra minutes, but if you didn’t have them installed you could load up quick and fine.

I think they want to turn the Mods into their money $$$$$. Eventually there are no species rooms for Mods.
It’s been shown that they don’t necessarily function like this to be honest.

I have no idea how this thread slipped under my eyes until now, lol.

I certainly support the plea for the species limit removal, even if many people migh not use mods now, it would still benefit our community as a whole, because once the support ends, mods will most certainly become more prominent then and they will keep the community alive.

I do hope we still have a long official support ahead of us, but if anything can be done with this sooner rather than later, it would make alof of players happy.

So with mods and money, I think that Frontier should just do what the Witcher 3 devs did and outsource some things here and there to modders.

I know the logistics are probably more complex and I don't know much about the industry but I think it'll be a lot more viable than modders going to Frontier for full time jobs as many aren't English residents and many don't do game dev stuff for a living.

@Leaf Productions
I have a question. I attempted modding and I got the animals in game working successfully (the safari mod pack) but the animals could not reproduce and would get stuck in an animation loop while offspring was imminent. Is this still a current issue? And is the safari mod pack up to date with the grasslands pack? I know this question doesnt relate to this thread but... Anyways thank you!

@Leaf Productions
I have a question. I attempted modding and I got the animals in game working successfully (the safari mod pack) but the animals could not reproduce and would get stuck in an animation loop while offspring was imminent. Is this still a current issue? And is the safari mod pack up to date with the grasslands pack? I know this question doesnt relate to this thread but... Anyways thank you!
This is an issue with animals not currently being updated. Grasslands Animal Pack and 1.12 mods would have 1.12 on the title. Any questions in regards to this can be answered furthermore on the Open Naja Modding Server.

Top Bottom