Thargoid Attacks: Where, When and What you can do about it

AX conflict zone need interceptors killed the zones wont complete on scout kills only...
The server needs to register the interceptor kill You can kill scouts but once the interceptors turn up they lock the progress..
As stated, if a player desyncs that will not allow the interceptor status to go to killed status as the desynced player is reporting no kill...

Galnet news confirms the beating of the war drums again...
There were no interceptors. The scouts appeared, they were destroyed, then the scouts appeared again. And it was like that for about an hour and then I flew away.

That would require actual scripts that can run while the servers are online... and not when the servers are shut down... lol..
Its weird weve been fighting them for ages yet still they havent managed to cause any sustained conflict even though we cant do much without experimental weapons and yet they randomly destroy the occasional station then pick somewhere new. What is their goal to sightsee every station in human space? Or just randomly break stations so we have to grind fixing them?

That would require actual scripts that can run while the servers are online... and not when the servers are shut down... lol..
Like the daily BGS tick that spawns/eliminates things like conflict zones, pirate attacks, checkpoints etc.?

The only reason it's done at the weekly tick is to apply things like attacked stations and megaships... and there's really no reason they now couldn't be done on-the-fly too, just like odyssey settlements are shut down/powered up depending on faction states changing at the daily BGS tick.

Like the daily BGS tick that spawns/eliminates things like conflict zones, pirate attacks, checkpoints etc.?

The only reason it's done at the weekly tick is to apply things like attacked stations and megaships... and there's really no reason they now couldn't be done on-the-fly too, just like odyssey settlements are shut down/powered up depending on faction states changing at the daily BGS tick.
I also don't understand why I have to wait 4 weeks for the Prismatic Shield to open when I can do it in 2 days.

;)

Yesterday I flew to the zone again, fought for an hour, again only scouts. Is it always like this now?
Not on PS4 console It would be nice if the interceptor classes never turned up, but they do in the AX conflict zones for all three powers, but they do... boo
You pick the Human side, kill scouts, get the 100K bonus, then the interceptors classes show to ruin the shooting shout ducks in a barrel...
Source: https://youtu.be/Jg_1qJFjZew?t=1002
16::44 leave FC
20:40 enter Didio AX CZ
32:18 enter Novas AX CZ
45:22 enter sosong AX CZ

2 weeks late, but they finally made it :)

1651736405386.png

But the other two stations are in repair despite the systems still being in Incursion, so maybe planned that way. When a station burns has been disconnected from the state of Incursion for a while now, even starting and stopping and starting again during one, with fdev basically hand of godding it.
They're not really disconnected. Any repair progress gets wiped if the system remains in incursion state at the next tick.
Seems more like some sort of bug, similar to how the burning stations in Odyssey still have active shipyards (but Horizons doesn't).

They're not really disconnected. Any repair progress gets wiped if the system remains in incursion state at the next tick.
Seems more like some sort of bug, similar to how the burning stations in Odyssey still have active shipyards (but Horizons doesn't).
Perhaps the wrong choice of words but things have definitely changed from how they were. My squad does burning station rescues so we've studied this. It used to be that a station would burn until the Incursion was defeated then go into repair the following Thursday. Since last November that has changed with some stations not burning at all despite the system being in Incursion state, or stations burning on and off during an Incursion that has lasted for a few weeks - burning for a week, in repair for a week then burning again for a week etc. My guess is that it has been tweaked somehow, if it's not just a bug caused by Odyssey, and this has also caused the knock on bugs with repairs etc., which is why I said it has been disconnected from the Incursion state, if not completely then to an extent.

As this has piqued my curiosity I went through our records ;

On 28th October last year 2 stations in the Pleiades started burning - Copernicus Observatory in Asterope and Ieyasu Dock in Pleiades Sector PD-S b4-0, along with some stations in Witch Head.

The next week, November 4th, both stations in the Pleiades stopped burning even though heavy Incursions remained in those systems while a new station, Arc's Faith in HR 1183, began burning.

The following week, 11th November, Ieyasu Dock in Pleiades Sector PD-S b4-0 began burning again after a week in repair.

I would put this down to Odyssey except this start stop start again behaviour didn't happen until after the Cornsar event, which is why I suspect fdev hand of godding it for story purposes or possibly causing a bug to happen at that time.

Since then in late November and through December we had more of the same and even had some stations burning in systems where there was no Incursion at all, just to confuse matters further. Not NMLA either, but Thargoids. That was also when we saw the most stations burning since attacks began with 14 on November 18th, 17 on November 25th, 19 on 2nd December and a record 24 stations on fire on 9th December.

After that Salvation used his superweapon and all 24 stations went into repair, despite many of those systems still having Incursions. During the period that followed, while no stations burned this was when fdev were reinforcing Incursions as fast as they were being reduced, which was questioned by AXI at the time and confirmed to be deliberate.

Since then we have had 2 in February this year, 1 in March and then the 2 last week and 1 this week.

So I think the point stands that burning stations have become somewhat disconnected from the state of Incursion since Cornsar, going from burning continuously until an Incursion ends to burning on and off while an Incursion exists or sometimes even burning with no Incursion at all.

Well...while I'm jetting around here in Novas (some NHSS are still around), I feel a slight annoyance welling up inside me. For two weeks, the community has been fired up, collecting mats for the super weapon of ghostly Salvation - and then nothing at all is programmed so that players can somehow participate in the use of the weapon or even watch how it is released. How poor is that? Does FDev really think this will win them new friends? Hmm. :rolleyes:
Have now also quickly mapped all 4 landable planets in Novas - no Tharg debris. How poor.

Top Bottom