Thargoid Attacks: Where, When and What you can do about it

i welcome our new thargoid grindlords.

actually, i would like the entire bubble to be attacked just to see what frontier does next. nothing personal, human :)

I wouldn't mind either. I'd be perfectly happy jumping into a system with a starport sending out a distress call and having a chance at a massive furball in the no fire zone. Add some capital ships to the mix too. Lets really challenge those low end graphics cards.

If people are running EDMC and want to contribute to the data gathering I've written a small plugin that reports Thargoid kills and Thargoid bonds claimed if people want to try it out: https://github.com/factabulous/fire-damage

As the page says, it reports to a google sheet that's visible to all. Kills are not associated with CMDRs. For those who don't run EDMC you can report them via the google form (https://goo.gl/forms/qrNE14iv0TIjTN0i1) - just fill in what you know and leave the rest blank.

The idea is that we can look at where CMDRs are working, which might help us know what's happening.

o7

Wow, simple thing what we needed, pity havent seen this sooner, killed so many tgs in Mentor...yeah xeno friends for ever [haha]

Factabulous, I thought that you can get the data from EDMC so who is using EDMC, no need to fill the document right?

NHSS Activity in Thargoid-Targeted Systems for March 27th, 2018

Survey of 30 NHSS in Lunguni yields:

NHSS 2: 0
NHSS 3: 2
NHSS 4: 15
NHSS 5: 6
NHSS 6: 7
NHSS 7: 0
NHSS 8: 0

Survey of 30 NHSS in Mentor yields:

NHSS 2: 0
NHSS 3: 1
NHSS 4: 21
NHSS 5: 4
NHSS 6: 2
NHSS 7: 1
NHSS 8: 1

I was wrong yesterday. There are NHSS 6's in Mentor, they just don't appear that often. Still no lone Cyclopses in either system.

Last edited:
pubchart

pubchart

Last edited:
So, we have 3 distinct types of NHSS profiles:

1) Nothing but NHSS 5, such as Irindan
2) NHSS 3,4,5, and 6, such as Lunguni
3) NHSS 3-8, such as Mentor

I don't know what to make of it, but it might be a clue.

I suspect its a belll distribution with threat 4 in the centre. Mentor doesnt have 7 and 8 purely because there havent been enough surveys

64 arietis was nothing but nhss 7 medusas last i checked.

That's so cool!

I'm not really a numbers person (so this might not make sense) - but have these results been, I think the term is "normalised" - so they're both working off comparable statistics?

For example was that NHSS 5 bar in mentor just because only 1 person submitted something and it was a NHSS5? or is that because there's only NHSS 5's there now?

Is the slight change in distribution between the 26th and 27th in Lunguni because of different numbers of reports?

What happens when the figures are normalised for each day?

You've also got "Other NHSS" in Lunguni where you've got 7's in Mentor - does the Lunguni data include 7's? and what others are there?

Now that we are monitoring Thargoid activity so closely, do you think it will be possible to notice the moment the attack happens? Maybe by eye-witnesses as well?

That's so cool!

I'm not really a numbers person (so this might not make sense) - but have these results been, I think the term is "normalised" - so they're both working off comparable statistics?

For example was that NHSS 5 bar in mentor just because only 1 person submitted something and it was a NHSS5? or is that because there's only NHSS 5's there now?

Is the slight change in distribution between the 26th and 27th in Lunguni because of different numbers of reports?

What happens when the figures are normalised for each day?

You've also got "Other NHSS" in Lunguni where you've got 7's in Mentor - does the Lunguni data include 7's? and what others are there?

Results are skewed because everyone is supporting Lunguni instead of reporting in Mentor. I had to spend an hour in Mentor logging USS just to have results to report on.

Current traffic figures:

Mentor 77.3%
Lunguni 22.7%
Advice Support Lunguni

(Though since the megaships are yet to turn up I'm wondering if they're going to spread this over 2 weeks)

Top Bottom