Thargoid Attacks: Where, When and What you can do about it

Asellus Primus... 2 days ago... minding my own in mode... got total systems shut down... unable to do anything for about 30 seconds... then ship re-booted, and dem suckers were in front of me. But they jumped fast.... never saw them again.

Me, my squadron (ESCA tag) and some allies have been all this week in HIP 8830 in the cz, have killed hundreds of scouts, at least 40 cyclops, about 15 basilisks, 4 medusas and 2 Hydras. A great contingent from the spanish-speaking community (Spain and South America) is there defending the community with their blood and any help is welcome.

We have seen also more commanders there from AXI fighting in the CZ. I think this week the system will be clean and we will continue cleaning the surroinding systems.

I hope I am right!!!

Any news about HIP 8830?
After the prior post my group, with help from other commanders, have killed 3 more hydras, hundres of scouts, 2 medusas, 4 cyclops and 5 basilisks.

I suppose HIP 8830 is now free of thargoid presence after this week change, but... Could anyone take a look?

Regards and good hunt!!!!

Any news about HIP 8830?
After the prior post my group, with help from other commanders, have killed 3 more hydras, hundres of scouts, 2 medusas, 4 cyclops and 5 basilisks.

I suppose HIP 8830 is now free of thargoid presence after this week change, but... Could anyone take a look?

Regards and good hunt!!!!
As per the first post - Thargoids are gone from a system when the Galnet post says 'No Thargoid Presence'. And 8830 does not say that.

Luckily the update appears to have broken this week, so no new starports are attacked, and you get another week to do the job.

Looks like Perrine was attacked this week, talk from The Fish about it being broken was only partially correct

Last edited:
As per the first post - Thargoids are gone from a system when the Galnet post says 'No Thargoid Presence'. And 8830 does not say that.

Luckily the update appears to have broken this week, so no new starports are attacked, and you get another week to do the job.

Looks like Perrine was attacked this week, talk from The Fish about it being broken was only partially correct

where is the Galnet Post?

I can´t find it

Thank you!!

Targets this week :

Incursions (AX CZ)

(just check galnet 2nd post ;) )

Infestations (NHSS)

hip 12605, hau ku, gliese 58, hip 17298, ou geminorum, mbutas, domoth, mbutas, ltt 617, aganippe, ross 1057 - NHSS confirmed

(extra this week as last week's infestations didn't go to incurion 🤷‍♀️ )

gd 140, brib - no NHSS (may turn up later 🤷‍♀️ )

Eagle Eye:
ee1 hip 12605
ee2 hau ku
ee3 gliese 58
ee4 hip 17298
ee5 gd 140
ee6 ou geminorum

Warning: Try and not be in the Infested / Incursion systems on Thargsday for the server restart - CMDRs have reported CtD issues otherwise.

Notes:
  • Incursions are listed in the 2nd Galnet article and dynamically update through the week (they start at 'massive thargoid presence' and are beaten when we reach 'no thargoid presence'.
  • Thargoids first Infest a system (this has now been hidden), if the Infection is not fought then they begin an Incursion, and we lose stations until the incursion is repelled.
  • Incursed systems can be seen in the Galmap left panel. Sometimes the system also switches allegiance to the Thargoids (not always). It's worth checking a system is still Incursed before travel (in the 2nd Galnet post), as they change through the week. Sometimes the Galmap does not show the correct states, but systems targeted by Eagle Eye should still be targets. Unless that is broken ...
  • There is a galmap filter to help find Incursion systems
  • Incursion systems : fight in the AX CZ until they are no longer listed in Galnet :)
  • Thargoids can only attack space stations with 'L' landing pads, if a system has none of these then ot is a lower priority.
  • Infested Systems : are saved by kills in the target systems- each kill counts the same, so a Scout is as useful as an Interceptor. Bonds do not matter. They only update state once a day, just after the BGS tick.
  • You can also find NHSS all over the Pleiades - within about 164 Ly of Merope, but it won't help save any systems.
  • And you can get (bugged) missions from the Aegis megaships to kill Thargoids, but they also don't count to save systems unless the destination system for the mission is also a target this week.
  • Infested Targets are found by decoding the aegis Eagle Eye system https://canonn.science/codex/eagle-eye-installations/
  • Decoding Eagle Eye is now simpler - use this decoder and type in the phonetic letters called out by the eagle eye unregistered comms beacons - this gives the target system
(Thread title courtesy of Zaratan)

Last edited:
where is the Galnet Post?

I can´t find it

Thank you!!
Second post. It's only in-game as it is dynamic:

6QrAoXr.jpg

(extra this week as last week's infestations didn't go to incurion 🤷‍♀️ )

Did this happen before?

I heard an interesting theory about thargoids from Malic (Elite streamer). It's core points are
  • In past and current human - thargoid conflicts human shot first.
  • The victor writes history. Maybe the guardians were the first to open fire too, despite what the decoded ruins logs say.
  • thargoid interceptors don't attack unless you carry thargoid contraband or behave aggressivly.
  • thargoid scouts attack humans on sight because they are some kind of left-over from the last human - thargoid encounter
  • thargoid interceptors help scouts because they are brothers-in-arms.
Based on this I went to Aganippe and Ross 1057 last week with a new strategy: I killed scouts but fed interceptors meta-alloys which they seem to crave. And today these system are not incursed.

It's probably coincidental, but if canonn hauls guardian stuff to stations to evaluate a possible thargoid reaction, I'm entitled to post my outlandish stuff too :giggle:

Did this happen before?

I heard an interesting theory about thargoids from Malic (Elite streamer). It's core points are
  • In past and current human - thargoid conflicts human shot first.
  • The victor writes history. Maybe the guardians were the first to open fire too, despite what the decoded ruins logs say.
  • thargoid interceptors don't attack unless you carry thargoid contraband or behave aggressivly.
  • thargoid scouts attack humans on sight because they are some kind of left-over from the last human - thargoid encounter
  • thargoid interceptors help scouts because they are brothers-in-arms.
Based on this I went to Aganippe and Ross 1057 last week with a new strategy: I killed scouts but fed interceptors meta-alloys which they seem to crave. And today these system are not incursed.

It's probably coincidental, but if canonn hauls guardian stuff to stations to evaluate a possible thargoid reaction, I'm entitled to post my outlandish stuff too :giggle:
I'd like to see an experiment of mass deliveries of meta alloys to the interceptors in a system under threat (or possibly under incursion) to see what, if any effect it has. Or hear the results of such an experiment if it has already been done.

Yeah that would be interesting, & far more conclusive.

Are large quantities of MAs available though?
Unless I'm using EDDB wrong somehow, no stations provide it.
So we would have to mine barnacles?

Yeah that would be interesting, & far more conclusive.

Are large quantities of MAs available though?
Unless I'm using EDDB wrong somehow, no stations provide it.
So we would have to mine barnacles?

They would have to be mined from the various barnacle forests. Though you can buy 1 unit at Darnielle's Progress right now. Stockpiling them in advance would require a fair bit of coordination. Similar to Cannon's recent Operation Indi-Croft using the Ancient Artifacts.

Or we could simply start and post a list of possible combinations of items and elements that could trigger a puzzle.
The last puzzle of any real stature was the unlock for the Guardian Ship Launched Fighters, was it not?

\\///
O9
-
Spike.K

Massively delivering Meta Alloys to Interceptors in NHSS5+ is something, that in theory, it could produce some results in Infestations. Probably isn't even coded in the game, but it's worth the try! If some group organizes such an event, you can count me in to help.
It needs to be something big because a single pilot cant make a diference, and in Infestation mode, we cant tell if we're doing anything. It's something that i'm still hoping they change for the next patch.

If some group organizes such an event, you can count me in to help.
In the meantime I call on every cmdr with time and leisure to individually haul some meta-alloys to interceptors in infested systems. If(!) my meta-alloy feeding last week made a difference then even a handful of cmdrs doing what I did should make a difference.

For your convenience I picked three barnacle systems to collect meta-alloys from:
  • Pleiades Sector FW-W d1-30
  • Pleiades Sector GH-L b8-0
  • Pleiades Sector SP-N b7-0
Before departing don't forget a Detailed Surface Scanner, an SRV bay with an SRV in it, a fuel scoop and some free cargo space. I recommend something between 16t and 32t.

The first two have barnacle planets with medium gravity which arguably makes it easier to collect meta alloys from barnacles. The third system has a mega-barnacle in case you haven't seen one of those yet. Map planets to locate barnacles positions. I recommend flying from barnacle to barnacle until you find a double one. These have 4 or 5 spikes with meta-alloys. Single barnacles only have one or two spikes increasing the number of menu relogs.

Shoot the meta-alloy spikes and collect the dropped meta-alloys. When you shot all spikes log out to the main menu and back in again to have the meta-alloys respawn. Direct complaints about this game mechanic to Frontier. Rinse and repeat until you farmed enough meta-alloys.

Preferably deliver to HIP 12605. If there are no NHSS in this system go to Hau Ku, then Gliese 58, then .. well see Factabulous post above. Please don't deliver to non-infested systems:). When delivering the meta-alloys to thargoid interceptors your ship should either be capable of running away from scouts or equipped to deal with swarms of them. The interesting NHSS - i.e. those that may(!) have a thargoid interceptor in it - are from level 5 onward.

Optionally report back your success - or lack thereof ;)

Last edited:
I will help commander, but I would prefer if we pick one of this week infested systems, instead of me going to one at random. I doubt that a handuful of Cmdrs going to random infested systems will do anything noticeable. But if we pick just one, who knows? Maybe we'll find something!

Top Bottom