Thargoid Attacks: Where, When and What you can do about it

Incursions reported as cleared from Galnet, stations in repair. No new incursions, despite EE .... presumed bugged ...stay tuned.

(Oh, and EE1 changed from Atlas to Pleiades Sector DL-Y d65 as found by Grumscrub around 12 hours ago - no idea why)

Incursions reported as cleared from Galnet, stations in repair. No new incursions, despite EE .... presumed bugged ...stay tuned.

(Oh, and EE1 changed from Atlas to Pleiades Sector DL-Y d65 as found by Grumscrub around 12 hours ago - no idea why)
So Taygeta and Electra are safe for now?

Such come-and-go -- well this is a bit stupid indeed. Logged in after I watched Obisdian's video about a Megaship in Maia under attack, saw all the stations under attack in GalMap, relocated to my Thargoid Hunter at Asterope (which was brilliant -- had to unexpectedly land in a burning station to retrieve it) and had to log off.
When logging in a day later, the whole galaxy suddenly is peaceful and fine, at least concerning stations.
Such pop-up-and-vanish "action" by the Thargoids is quite frustrating. Maybe the best strategy for them to win ... but not the most brilliant of all strategies to get Commanders back in their seats, maybe?

Such come-and-go -- well this is a bit stupid indeed. Logged in after I watched Obisdian's video about a Megaship in Maia under attack, saw all the stations under attack in GalMap, relocated to my Thargoid Hunter at Asterope (which was brilliant -- had to unexpectedly land in a burning station to retrieve it) and had to log off.
When logging in a day later, the whole galaxy suddenly is peaceful and fine, at least concerning stations.
Such pop-up-and-vanish "action" by the Thargoids is quite frustrating. Maybe the best strategy for them to win ... but not the most brilliant of all strategies to get Commanders back in their seats, maybe?

The same thing happened to me, I wish there was a massive thargoid attacks that affected multiple and central systems too, and that it was really destructive or fierce,with attacks on stations in real time without waiting for it (I don't know if this is currently happening).
Put everyone to work for a while, to defend against a possible invasion or our homes,as an attack on each system where there is a commander, :D

It would be fun not to be able to access your ships or modules for a short time, have to rearm and return to the station where you had your ships to save it or ask other commanders for help if you can't do it yourself.

Last edited:
So, Have I got this right? Until the 22nd, the following systems are being infested; -
  1. EE1 - PLEIADIES SECTOR DL-Y D65 (Isn't that the home system of Operation IDA?)
  2. EE2 - HR 1183
  3. EE3 - ELECTRA
  4. EE4 - HIP 1185
  5. EE5 - TAYGETA (I'm there defending Titan's Daughter, if that's of any interest).
  6. EE6 - WELLINGTON
We've got no idea how many scouts/Inteceptors are needed to make a system safe but every bashed bug helps.

So, Have I got this right? Until the 22nd, the following systems are being infested; -
  1. EE1 - PLEIADIES SECTOR DL-Y D65 (Isn't that the home system of Operation IDA?)
  2. EE2 - HR 1183
  3. EE3 - ELECTRA
  4. EE4 - HIP 1185
  5. EE5 - TAYGETA (I'm there defending Titan's Daughter, if that's of any interest).
  6. EE6 - WELLINGTON
We've got no idea how many scouts/Inteceptors are needed to make a system safe but every bashed bug helps.
Updated OP: hadn't bothered to put in the last minute change to EE1 as it was supposed to go into incursion yesterday - but since fdev have decided to leave it broken for a while I guess the OP should be updated :D

Stephen Benedetti

Community Manager
Greetings Commanders,

We have noticed some confusion around the most recent Thargoid Incursions and when they were suppose to appear. Typically (but not always), Eagle Eyes will alert players to potential Thargoid Incursion targets, warning commanders of a potential incoming threat. These signals follow Thargoid movements, and attempt to decipher where the Thargoids will strike next. In most cases, these attacks usually happen one week after new Eagle Eye signals appear. However, as we saw in Monday's GalNet article, sometimes these attacks can come as a surprise and not always in a week's time.

We hope that clarifies any confusion around the most recent Incursions. Good luck, and keep up the fight against these encroachers!

Greetings Commanders,

We have noticed some confusion around the most recent Thargoid Incursions and when they were suppose to appear. Typically (but not always), Eagle Eyes will alert players to potential Thargoid Incursion targets, warning commanders of a potential incoming threat. These signals follow Thargoid movements, and attempt to decipher where the Thargoids will strike next. In most cases, these attacks usually happen one week after new Eagle Eye signals appear. However, as we saw in Monday's GalNet article, sometimes these attacks can come as a surprise and not always in a week's time.

We hope that clarifies any confusion around the most recent Incursions. Good luck, and keep up the fight against these encroachers!

What confuses me the most, is Commanders are burning through wave after wave of Thargoid ships, we've even taken some land off of them, but they haven't run out of ships yet. If this happened to humanity, we wouldn't be able to recover, but they can. I get it's for 'gameplay' reasons, but it still seems silly.

Top Bottom