Thargoid Data Gathering Effort: We need your help!

Maybe it's a question for the EDD thread, but in the EDD journey window I keep getting "Jump to systename (HS)"

Journey window? I run EDDiscovery too but I'm not familiar with that....

Busted my earlier thought, I'm at a NHSS in a system with no planets, Pleiades Sector GW-W D1-33.
I've reported that system anyway, I was going to report the Thargoid variant too but that lexigram or the example makes no sense.

Last edited:
About the tgoid boundary you mention, no it's much further than that, their area is patchy, Aries Dark Region GW-W d1-62 is ~97 LYs from Merope, but I've seen NHSSs at 142 LYs from Merope, they are not in all systems within the (believed so far) 150 LY bubble, like you I've encountered systems well within the 150 LY range with no NHSSs, including, but not limited to, systems with no planets.

I've wondered if Tgoids only appear in systems with at least 1 planet/moon which has ammonia in it's atmosphere, but I haven't checked the various systems visited by everyone to see if that is actually the case ;).

Is it an irregular shape rather than being a sphere? Is it perhaps distorted towards Col70? Perhaps the ammonia connection explains it?

Journey window? I run EDDiscovery too but I'm not familiar with that....

Busted my earlier thought, I'm at a NHSS in a system with no planets, Pleiades Sector GW-W D1-33.
I've reported that system anyway, I was going to report the Thargoid variant too but that lexigram or the example makes no sense.

Probably the wrong name. I meant the main (journal?) window which records your step number, game time, event, location(description), information, note. The location tab has started coming up with "(HS)" after the location entry. Someone on the EDD thread has suggested it means HyperSpace, which if correct, seems to be a statement of the totally obvious.

Is it an irregular shape rather than being a sphere? Is it perhaps distorted towards Col70? Perhaps the ammonia connection explains it?

Yeah maybe it's irregular, we don't know yet as AFAIK we haven't gathered enough data yet, we would need to patrol around the edges of where NHSSs are occurring. As, err, someone requested, sorry forgotten his name :eek:.
As I mentioned in my previous post the ammonia idea is busted, I encountered NHSSs in a system with no planets, but it maybe they prefer these systems, although we'd have to bear in mind that systems with an Ammonia Containing World (ACW from here on ;)) are common anyway so it's likely many NHSS systems will have an ACW just because of that.

Re HS, yeah I was wondering that too ;).
Journal yes, ah I see theirs a new version available, I haven't updated it yet. [edit] Ok I've updated it now, no change shown for past jumps, it just shows "Jump to Pleiades Sector IH-V C2-10". Maybe I'll need to do a jump with the new EDDi running?

Which reminds me I have a few dozen systems I need to submit to the database! I was waiting for some kind of plugin for EDDi (as I use that), but I guess that's easier said than done ;).

Does anyone know if EDCM will submit NHSS systems encountered prior to it's installation?

Last edited:
Thargoid sensor interference

Hi all, not sure if this is relevant to your project but just in case... I've just docked at New Dawn orbital station in Ceos, and the Universal Cartographic tab is showing "Thargoid sensor interference".

OBSERVATIONS UPDATE:

Following the Thargoid bases, as proposed by LCU and using his EDMC addon, have already granted results. It is clear that the aliens seem to actually act in the systems where alien bases are present. The 3d Map already looks more like an sphere, which seems to confirm that their attack are spread all around the UA shell (about 150LY around Merope). There are no clear reports of alien attacks outside this shell, the reasons are unknown.

Screen shot please!

Here you go

s!AmdwaKhzBbOihVEnMXRk-8eYw55c

Hope that works...

EDIT: didn't work - no idea how to do screenshots, why can't I just paste a .jpg into the body text???

OBSERVATIONS UPDATE:

Following the Thargoid bases, as proposed by LCU and using his EDMC addon, have already granted results. It is clear that the aliens seem to actually act in the systems where alien bases are present. The 3d Map already looks more like an sphere, which seems to confirm that their attack are spread all around the UA shell (about 150LY around Merope). There are no clear reports of alien attacks outside this shell, the reasons are unknown.

So if I understand what you have said then a good way to collect data is to "fly through/across" the UA shell and the Pleiades and report what we find? Maybe starting and finishing about 200ly out to see if the Thargoid presence is spreading beyond the UA bubble?

Also the player group I normally fly with have 13 reports stretching back to the 27th September and up to the 4th October. Would it be useful to enter those historical reports into your forms?

I'm working on a new version of the USS plugin that incorporates patrol systems.

I have it working using google sheets so key Canon personell will be able to add or remove patrol systems and instructions.

The patrol systems will be prioritised by number of visits and distance. So commanders will be offered the nearest least visited site.

Ive set up a patrol zone to try and detect when the Thargoids exit the merope shell

I'll also be looking at getting some debugging sorted out to figure out why some people are not sending data.

Last edited:
So if I understand what you have said then a good way to collect data is to "fly through/across" the UA shell and the Pleiades and report what we find? Maybe starting and finishing about 200ly out to see if the Thargoid presence is spreading beyond the UA bubble?

Also the player group I normally fly with have 13 reports stretching back to the 27th September and up to the 4th October. Would it be useful to enter those historical reports into your forms?

To be honest, any report of Thargoid activity anywhere will be very welcomed. The problem we had initially is that all the reports were in the "transit zones" from Merope to the Bubble, that's why we started spreading around the Pleiades to see how much did they expand.

So yeah, flying accross the Pleiades and starting/finishing around 200ly around Merope is a very good way to help :).

Regarding your group's report, yeah please, send them to us through the appropriate forms. The more information we have the best! Thank you very much :)

To me it looks like the UA interference we suffered before due to the UA bombs. The only difference is that now we do know that the UAs are in fact Thargoid Sensors :D

I'm working on a new version of the USS plugin that incorporates patrol systems.

I have it working using google sheets so key Canon personell will be able to add or remove patrol systems and instructions.

The patrol systems will be prioritised by number of visits and distance. So commanders will be offered the nearest least visited site.

Ive set up a patrol zone to try and detect when the Thargoids exit the merope shell

I'll also be looking at getting some debugging sorted out to figure out why some people are not sending data.

That is brilliant! What would we do without you, LCU! I was yesterday using your Alien Sites plugin to do my route and it works brilliantly (plus I managed to copy the window inside my cockpit, so no need to remove the HTC while flying around :D). Can't wait to see it finished.

That is brilliant! What would we do without you, LCU! I was yesterday using your Alien Sites plugin to do my route and it works brilliantly (plus I managed to copy the window inside my cockpit, so no need to remove the HTC while flying around :D). Can't wait to see it finished.

Copying into your cockpit in Vive? That sounds cool. How does it work? Is it in a fixed position so when you headlook it stays put?

Top Bottom