Thargoid Data Gathering Effort: We need your help!

Went to Deciat to check what was going on and found 4 megaships attacked. They are orbiting Deciat 1, 3, 6E and 7A. Scanned every cargo hatch and the ships log. Nothing out of the ordinary in the cargo in any of the ships. The science vessel orbiting Deciat 1 mentioned they had something weird in the cargo although i didnt found anything thargoid related there. The Cargo Vessel in Deciat 7A was hyperdicted and it looked like they're werent even supposed to be in Deciat.
Not a single NHSS there yet.

Edit:
This morning i also found a tanker near Deciat 6A. I dont think it was there yestarday. Anyway, this one had a Probe in one of its cargo bays.

Last edited:
Yesterday Malic_VR went to Deciat on his stream and used the Thargoid link and in pointed to the cargoship above Deciat 3. Can someone with the link and the audiosignal confirm that?
He scanned the cargobays of that vessel and found nothing. I scanned the Bays a gain a few minutes later in open and i found a thargoid sensor in cargobay 2. Today i can not find it there again. Is the Cargo spawn random?

I think it is odd that the the link points to a ship that is destroyed already as the only target.

Last edited:
I was starting to think that the cargo could be randomized from a set number of items. I guess that assumption is correct then!

Its getting more and more clear, that the megaships got attacked because they had thargoid sensors or probes onboard and these things called a interceptor to "help" them... I Guess there should be always ts or tp onboard and thats another bug ingame...

Looking at the other thread, it seems the NHSSs for Deciat were late for the party, but they are there now ;).

The Thargoids are in the Hyades Sector
I went to check some damaged stations to find some Thargoids and i did just that....blew up twice. The exact star i went to was the Hyades Sector Zp-X b1-2 Star next to the attacked station, they were there, one a number 5 class Thargoid and another a Level 8 class Thargoid that killed me in an instant using a tractor beam and a laser!....so if your searching for them, check there. If not i warn you all we need a human defense wing to combat these aliens and fast, or it may be the end of the human race...there not searching any more they are killing, and if we don't fight back we're all gonna die.
[edit some spelling/grammar;)]

Tractor beam doesn't cause any damage :p, & I assume by class 8 Thargoid, you actually mean NHSS threat 8? Seeing as their ships aren't classified by class (or any).
Btw the Thargoids have been in some parts of the Hyades sector for some time, depends how far out from Merope it is as to whether or not they have turned up in a new location. Originally the Thargoids were appearing up to 150 LYs from Merope, then when ED v3 dropped they showed up to 175 LYs from Merope.
I've just checked with ED Index plotter (spansh.co.uk), & Hyades Sector Zp-X b1-2 is just ~123 LYs from Merope. Good to know that NHSS thr 8s are still about though [up].

Last edited:
Its getting more and more clear, that the megaships got attacked because they had thargoid sensors or probes onboard and these things called a interceptor to "help" them... I Guess there should be always ts or tp onboard and thats another bug ingame...

From what I've seen (and I've scanned a lot) - there's normally something that interests them or we've seen them scooping up (see sig for list). Wreckage components, Escape Pods, Thargoid Sensor, Probe. The Thargoid stuff seems "sticky" for a while - but went I rechecked some of the older ones I'd visited recently the contents had changed. One that did have a probe now didn't, but another two still did. So yeah - there's some randomization going on. Need to add the most recent ones

Yes

I know this is an older post but I saw the mega ship last night. As I'm new to the game I really didn't know what to make of it. But I did have an encounter as I was mining . An alien ship just came and attacked me. Believe it or not, me and my 25 million dollar Asp Explorer destroyed the ship in a 3 minute long battle. Really loving this game. Finding new and kool things every day.

Actually that's the second time I was attacked while mining. But first attack by an alien. I was one jump away from Deciat, dont remember the system.
On a different matter I stopped to check out a non human target while playing in solo mode and the aliens only shined their lights at me as if to communicate. But the first time I stopped in open mode they immediately attacked me and I barely escaped. Dunno if this was coincidence or what.

Actually that's the second time I was attacked while mining. But first attack by an alien. I was one jump away from Deciat, dont remember the system. On a different matter I stopped to check out a non human target while playing in solo mode and the aliens only shined their lights at me as if to communicate. But the first time I stopped in open mode they immediately attacked me and I barely escaped. Dunno if this was coincidence or what.
they're all over the place now.Latest attack in Tembala doesnt seem to make a lot of sense.If you're going to take a system(or at least render it useless), this one would be a hard one to take .There is an ammonia/oxygen planet (next door to an ELW)but there are 2 stations closer to it than the one that got hit,and 8 stations spread throughout the system are still operating normally (not counting any planetary bases).

A little game of "what's that pic?" ;)

hYE7i5X

NlWhv2a.jpg

It's just an extreme close-up on a bugged Scout spawn point. Spawned just outside my radar range, went back to find a few of these, but no Scouts. Known bug, but it still makes pretty images ;)

Hey draw aline between the 3 nebulas we found Barnacles in , it form a nice perfect traingle..... witch head nebula,califorina neubla and Pleiades nebula . like this https://imgur.com/a/ia3UeL9
then check out hind planetary nebula it has an astroid base , earth like world , and a Ammonia world.....

Hey draw aline between the 3 nebulas we found Barnacles in , it form a nice perfect traingle..... witch head nebula,califorina neubla and Pleiades nebula . like this https://imgur.com/a/ia3UeL9
then check out hind planetary nebula it has an astroid base , earth like world , and a Ammonia world.....

Hind Nebula, so you talking about T Tauri system has a amonia world AND a earthlike world?
Dont think so...

Top Bottom