The Galactic Mapping Project & Historical Archive of Exploration

I am posting this on behalf of the founder:

POI Type: Exploration hazard/ & Major POI.

BLAEI EUN CF-E B39-0

"Gates Of Alighieri"

This extremely hot planet with distance of only 1.25Ls from the main star, was found by Cmdr Chankk Saotome during The Dead End's Circumnavigation Expedition and acted as Basecamp 23 during DECE.
Surface temperature of this landable planet is 1,185K and puts it to second place in surface temp right behind Betelgeuse 2. It's distance from the main star is also less than Skardee 1 has from the main star.
Extreme heat warning advisory.

Distance from Sol is 33kly.

HMNlkwH.png

Last edited:
I am posting this on behalf of the founder:

POI Type: Exploration hazard/ & Major POI.

BLAEI EUN CF-E B39-0

"Gates Of Alighieri"

This extremely hot planet with distance of only 1.25Ls from the main star, was found by Cmdr Chankk Saotome during The Dead End's Circumnavigation Expedition and acted as Basecamp 23 during DECE.
Surface temperature of this landable planet is 1,185K and puts it to second place in surface temp right behind Betelgeuse 2. It's distance from the main star is also less than Skardee 1 has from the main star.
Extreme heat warning advisory.

Distance from Sol is 33kly.

Awesome find, CMDR!

Name: Clookou's Respite
POI Type: Geyser
System: Clookou QE-X c2-2

Silicate Vapour shimmers in the light of the sole K star. This moon of a moon, orbits a blue class III gas giant with its parent moon a mere 2 Mm away. The vapour geysers pose no threat to travel, though offer no thrill of flight. The bright red Zejoo Nebula and the multi-colored Christmas Nebula nebula decorate this otherwise remote system.

Materials found include Chromium, Germanium, Tungsten, Tin, Zinc, and Technetium.

Orbital body: 1 A A
Coordinates: -36.5, 25.8

fcbRAgk.png

Eaewsy's Firey Deep
System: PRA EAEWSY QO-P D6-39

Iron magma geysers lie at the bottom of a 2 km deep, steep-walled canyon. Half of the volcanic site sits on a flat, open bottom of the canyon, providing opportunities for multiple commanders to land. The other half lies on the steep, rocky slope of the canyon walls, offering a challenge of a hill climb, for the adventurous.

Materials available include Manganese, Selenium, Niobium, Tungsten, and Technetium

Orbital body: 3 A
Coordinates: 19.8, -162.4

LpKIy5c.png

Name: Eaewsy's Icy Flight
System: PRA EAEWSY LB-A C3-53
Description:
Hot water spews from the ice on this frozen world. A 300 m deep ravine cuts the site directly in half. However, low gravity allows a Scarab SRV to jump the gap. At the bottom of the ravine, materials and geysers await. Though, steep walls of this icy world make escaping the ravine a challenge.

Despite the trecherous terrain, a landing site is located at the listed coordinates capable of handling larger ships.

Orbital body: 1 E
Coordinates: 38.834, 96.397

aLRUuZL.png

Name: Persephone's Hidden Gem
System: CHRAUFAO HQ-G D10-120

A field of silicate vapour geysers lie on this small moon. This rocky body appears silver and grey on first glance with a slight red hue. However, once landed, fresh tire tracks reveal a vibrant pink soil just beneath the grey coating.

Orbital Body: AB 1 A
Coordinates: 2.5, -45.4

rY5F7tz.png

It seems that the last POI added to EDSM.net is from April 30th, nearly 4 months ago.

Is EDSM dying a slow death? Just curious, since it's the best source to help deep space explorers plot interesting paths through our galaxy. I would hate to lose this resource, but I would also hate to keep wasting efforts.

Blood Tear Cluster

POI type: Star Cluster
POI Name: Blood Tear Cluster
GalMap Ref: Near Prue-Eohn-JZ-D-d13-32

Description:

Located about 13,523 ly from Sol in the Orion Spur Shallows, this is a dense cluster of Y brown dwarfs in a very compact space - 70x40 or so LY across.

Screenshot Reference:

1-Prue-Eohn-JZ-D-d13-32-Prue-Eohn-JZ-D-d13-32-A-20180828-153006_1.jpg

It seems that the last POI added to EDSM.net is from April 30th, nearly 4 months ago.

Is EDSM dying a slow death? Just curious, since it's the best source to help deep space explorers plot interesting paths through our galaxy. I would hate to lose this resource, but I would also hate to keep wasting efforts.

EDSM is certainly not dying a slow death.

The GMP is a sub-project hosted on EDSM - the last update was done on 7th July (not sure where it went up to in terms of submissions) but it's a small number of people and they're all (or mostly) northern hemisphere types so being on holiday and stuff.

I don't think you need to worry about any imminent demise, it's just a lull.

The GMP is a sub-project hosted on EDSM - the last update was done on 7th July (not sure where it went up to in terms of submissions) but it's a small number of people and they're all (or mostly) northern hemisphere types so being on holiday and stuff.
Note that while the last update was on July 7, quite a lot of submissions were accidentally left out from it, so it wasn't fully up-to-date back then. I don't have the exact time of when the missing stuff started, but April 30 mentioned by galaban sounds about right.

To the GMP: if you'd like some help to bring down the backlog, I wouldn't mind lending a hand.

Last edited:
Another image of a nebula (not mine just trying to fill in pictures for the GMP)

Greae Phoea QF-I c25-150 (Isegrim Nebula)

3JvFwAE.jpg

Greetings everyone! :)

It does look like we have accumulated quite a backlog of POI submissions and updates.
The GMP team is aware of it and hopefully we will be able to find the time to do something about it before too long.

If I am not mistaken, we have not yet processed posts 2871-2959 and posts 3013-3153.

Ill start working on the gap of posts 2871-2959 right away.

Cheers

Map updated: posts 2871 to 2959

Added:
- Pink Elephants (2874)
- Fountain of Starlight (2875)
- Valley of Vapour (2876)
- Turqoise Fountain (2877)
- Shadow Geysers (2879)
- Rekohu Project (2882)
- Jess' Lilac Grove (2893)
- Distant Tan (2894)
- Calidum Capsicum Annuum (2896)
- Hula Hop (2898)
- Rusty Net (2899+2900)
- Mermaid's purse (2902)
- Siebold White Smoker (2904)
- Solitude-Silentium Canyons (2910)
- Hengist Nebula (2913)
- Bartender Nebula (2913)
- The King and Queen of Mikenas (2920)
- Scirocco Void (2944)
- Karkina Nebula (2949)
- Ancient Plot (2950) <-- Added as ´Mystery`POI
- Ewoks Rest (2952)

Updated:
- Conflux Abandoned Settlements (2905) <-- new image
- XTE J1752-223 (2908) <-- added text
- Rohini(Eudaemon Anchorage) (2945) <-- updated text
- Near and Far 3kpc Arm, Galactic Bar (2945) <-- updated text
- The Abyss (2945) <-- corrected typo
- The Perseus Fade (2945) <-- corrected typos
- Centaurus Reach (2945) <-- corrected typos
- Styx (2945) <-- corrected typos
- Nereus (2945) <-- corrected typos
- GRS 1739-278 (2951) <-- added image and text
- XTE J1748-288 (2951) <-- added image and text
- GRS 1737-31 (2951) <-- added image and text

Pending (awaiting PM response from submitters):
- Curry Springs (2878) <-- unknown sector name
- Four WWs in orbit (2883) <-- pending name and description
- dark ringed system (2958) <-- pending name and image

Not added:
- Planetary Nebulae in posts 2872-73 <-- So many PNs near the core regions, so they need to stand out in some way to be added
- Last Chance Depot (2880) <-- Not adding green systems
- Orion Depot (2892) <-- Not adding green systems
- The Nebula Neutron Triangle (2897) <-- not really sure how to add this... also, modern route plotter might make this obsolete?
- Blue Wispy Charlie (2901) <-- So many PNs near the core regions, so they need to stand out in some way to be added
- Water Life (2942) <-- a good find, but not that unusual
- Innsmouth (2954) <-- a good find, but not that unusual

Allright - this should have closed the old gap in POI submissions. We´ll start processing posts 3013-3153 in the near future.

Last edited:
Hi I'm curious why some systems are being shown discovered by someone recent like may 2018 when they were actually discovered by someone else years earlier? As an example in game if you use the galaxy map and go to Col 285 DX-N B22-2 all 3 stars and 23 planets have my name on them as discovered. If you plug that system into the edsm website shows someone else discovered it May 2018. Exactly how is it determined who was first to visit and scan systems/planets etc?

Hi I'm curious why some systems are being shown discovered by someone recent like may 2018 when they were actually discovered by someone else years earlier? As an example in game if you use the galaxy map and go to Col 285 DX-N B22-2 all 3 stars and 23 planets have my name on them as discovered. If you plug that system into the edsm website shows someone else discovered it May 2018. Exactly how is it determined who was first to visit and scan systems/planets etc?

EDSM's first discoverer is the first person who uploads it to EDSM. Unfortunately the game journals don't record who the in-game discoverers are, and so EDSM doesn't gain access to that information. Rather, the first person who visits and is using EDDiscovery (or equivalent, or manually uploads journals) will be marked as the EDSM discoverer.

EDSM's first discoverer is the first person who uploads it to EDSM. Unfortunately the game journals don't record who the in-game discoverers are, and so EDSM doesn't gain access to that information. Rather, the first person who visits and is using EDDiscovery (or equivalent, or manually uploads journals) will be marked as the EDSM discoverer.

I have been away from ED gaming and forums for a few years now. I am waiting for a time where it is worth coming back again. One of them is this issue you two guys are talking about. Talking about synchonisities...

Pardon me if you are just a messenger. I didn't read the complete thread, so not sure if you have a significant role of this edsm website. In my opinion they should put it more obviously or in such words that the people who originally are first discoverer of the objects don't have the same quastions/remarks on the info presented. Because I have the NGC 6803, NGC 6804 and NGC 6781 systems on my CMD-name (4EVER19). As also confirmed on thread List of Planetary Nebula. by user/cmd Allitnil back in 2015 (thanks).

This situation is like having backups of the same file on different locations, different versions, different names, and this kind of expected nonsense as a result. I am guessing up to this day there still is no official Frontier way of centralized looking into exploration data and people still rely on thrid party incomplete, incorrect data-mining interfaces. Guess Frontier has other priorities, fine, so do I.

Yeah, I'm not connected with EDSM, I just pull data from them regularly. :) They have it worded as "first discovered for EDSM" in several places I think, but clarity is always good to have in abundance. ;)

Top Bottom