The Galactic Mapping Project & Historical Archive of Exploration

Nice job. Shouldn't the arrival point have (almost) the same description ? (plus references to the thargoid sites...)

Last edited:
Missing System?

Based on the link to this thread from https://www.edsm.net/en/faq am I correct to assume we can list missing systems from EDSM? I'm on PS4 and therefore have no flight logs to offer.

Since I can't offer coordinates, is it worth your time for me to report the system? What details would you need? I was adding the star on Ross, but there's no system to add it to.

Based on the link to this thread from https://www.edsm.net/en/faq am I correct to assume we can list missing systems from EDSM? I'm on PS4 and therefore have no flight logs to offer.

Since I can't offer coordinates, is it worth your time for me to report the system? What details would you need? I was adding the star on Ross, but there's no system to add it to.

If it's a POI that would be a good candidate for inclusion on the map then please do submit it, if it is accepted then an EDSM admin will manually add the system to the database and push it out for PC players to enter distances to until the position is resolved.

I have discovered a planetary nebula. The host star is neutron class.
BAULAE VO-R E4-0

Jumponium-rich system nearby
BAULAE YA-V D3-3

~CMDR Manawydn (PC)

The Devil's Prison

Remember that old episode of Doctor Who where he met the Devil chained up deep below the planet and that planet orbited a black hole? Well I got one to rival this.

dryi ausms eg-y g23

A 2g HMC landable planet 30ls out from a binary black hole pair.

Also found a viper MK 4 on the planet surface so what he was doing there I have no idea lmao.

I only scanned the entry stuff, I left everything else unscanned for other people.

https://imgur.com/a/IPmEUxN

(I'm the person who has the first discovery bonuses on the 2 black holes, neutron and HMC)

Last edited:
NYEAJEOU AA-A H37 is listed in EDSM as having two black holes. In fact it has four, and a planet. I discovered it a couple of years ago
hPukfSayKjhVc5YB7
NYEAJEOU AA-A H73 A1.jpg

hPukfSayKjhVc5YB7

Attachments

• NYEAJEOU AA-A H73.jpg
    NYEAJEOU AA-A H73.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 564
Map updated: Post 3055 to post 3084

Added:
- Doorway to Duat
- Purple Rain
- Owl Nebula (GCRV 6897)
- The Boxing Ring
- The Clawed Hand Nebula
- Lair of Unicorns (3074)
- Pink Flame Nebula
- Five Emperors
- The Parallels (3055)

Updated:
- Conflux Abandoned Settlements <-- Corrected transmission time for a beacon

Pending:

Removed:

Not added:
- Fire & Brimstone (3057) <-- it IS a pretty neat find, but not unique enough to be a POI
- Last Hope (3079) <-- not adding green systems at this time
- EOS CHREA XX-U D2-10094 <-- Needs screenshot reference, needs name, not sure how unique this is?

Last edited:
Icewind Veil

Ref: STUEMIAE TH-G C25-192 AB 4 A

An icy moon orbiting just outside a 155,000km ice ring, which itself is 58,000km in width, making for stunning views.

The moon is close enough that you can enter orbital cruise whilst still within the ring's frame of reference, which is not something you want to do, because it confuses the game enough to put you inside the moon sometimes.

There are water geysers that I have yet to find despite many hours searching. They would potentially provide even better views.

Pics (sorry if they're huge!)

bpe189.jpg

poi3.jpg

poi2.jpg

Name: The Crooked Mile
Ref: PLIO EURL PW-G C12-0 3 A
POI Type: Other POI
Description: The Crooked Mile is a potential high-octane race location set in the magnificent crater of this grey-blue rocky moon which orbits a Type II gas giant. The crater itself is split centrally by the twisting canyon which boasts an interesting feature in that the canyon walls at the end of the run are far narrower than the start. Only the best need apply...

48AzPJI.png

48AzPJI

48AzPJI

Whoaa, I thought there could not be ELWs around black holes!

Plus you have a ringed star, that's pretty unusual on itself.
I just looked at the pictures of WEPAE AA-A H22 again and figured that the ring of that star is a POI itself.

I cant remember .. maybe all of the planets are inside that ring. May someone take a look please. Its only 5k ly from colonia :D

Cygnus OB2-12

POI type: Stellar Feature
System ref.: HIP 101364

Description: Cygnus OB2-12 is a blue hypergiant belonging to the massive Cygnus OB2 Association. The association is estimated to hold more than 2000 stars of spectral types OBA. It is one of the heaviest areas of star formation in the Milky Way. Because the giant star lies beyond the Eddington Limit (the threshold where radiation pressure exceeds gravitational forces), vast amounts of its stellar material must already have been blown off through massive stellar winds. However, the star is still more than 2 million times as luminous as Sol, making it one of the brightest stars in the galaxy.

Screenshot:

DEkT3RSl.png

First discovery credits go to Cmdr Polunochnik

Sarpanit

System ref.: Blau Thaa AA-A h0

Description: Sarpanit was a Babylonian mother goddess and the consort of Marduk. Her name means "the shining one" and this is very fitting. The system is a trinary, and its main star is a blue hypergiant of some 450 solar radii, easily outshining its O-type and B-type companions. All in all, the system holds some 140 solar masses ans is located some 500 light years above the galactic plane and is supposed to belong to the massive Cygnus OB2 Association.

Screenshot:

7VszpW2l.png

In the screenshot above, the hypergiant is some 2,800 light seconds away (~4 times the distance Sol - Earth), whereas the upper O-type star is 180 ls and the lower B-type is 200 ls away.

First discovery credits go to Cmdr Heliona

HD 193634

Description: HD 193634 is a double X-ray binary star system, where the main star, an A-type supergiant, is orbited by a rapid pulse neutron star and the companion star by a black hole. The system probably belongs to the massive Cygnus OB2 Association, one of the most massive areas of star formation known in the galaxy. Since the main star will expand considerably during the next millions of years by becoming a red supergiant, it will either consume the neutron star in the process, which will lead to massive gamma ray bursts, or it will itself be consumed by the neutron star's rapid pulse tidal forces, which will likely trigger a supernova.

Screenshot:

9dCwhlZl.png

Top Bottom