The Galactic Mapping Project & Historical Archive of Exploration

Name:Five Black Eyes
Game map search ref:Phrio Phoea AA-A h12
Description:Five Black Eyes is composed of 5 Black Holes and a class M, a class G and a class K Star as well as a T and L dwarf, a Ringed Neutron Star and a Class 1 Gas Giant.

The five Black Holes are orbiting each other (all within 152 Ls) and are being orbitted by the other stars and the gas giant.
The Neutron Star has a Wide Ring which has a width of 10,84 Ls

This System was rediscovered during The Magellan Experience
(The system was discovered first by CMDR Skuripanda)
Screenshot reference:System Composition:

20211223131851_1.jpg

POV on the 5 Black Holes overlapping each other
20211202202612_1.jpg

1640263473082.jpeg
POV on the Ringed Neutron Star
1640263493662.jpeg

Attachments

• 1640263434998.jpeg
    1640263434998.jpeg
    118.2 KB · Views: 1,274
  • 1640263462529.jpeg
    1640263462529.jpeg
    118.2 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Name:Cyanogenic Scarlet
Game map search ref:Phrio Prao MS-U d2-1159
Description:An Earth Like World orbiting a rare C-J star. CJ stars exhibit strong bands of (CN)2, which is extremely toxic to humanity and many other lifeforms, and they shine with a scarlet red color. Bathed in a haunting blood red, the toxic, alien landscapes on this planet is surely able to make even the most seasoned of explorers shiver.

This system was discovered in the Deep Dive expedition by CMDR Tsarbomba23
Screenshot reference:
Thumbnail GMP.jpg

I'm not sure if this is GMP worthy or not, since elite dangerous doesn't actually render the scarlet red the star is supposed to be, but I figured I'll give it a try. I also got an extremely hot landable atmosphereless icy body orbiting a wolf rayet NC and 2 O stars, but I found it's very hard to verify it's notability and rarity.

Last edited:

Name: Truong's Jewel (named for a very close and important friend of mine)

System Name: Systae Free AA-A H3

Description: O Type Giant (O9 IIIA) coming in at 91.1875 solar masses and 185.8762 solar radius, that sits 2,867ly above the galactic plane. It is also the only body in the system. I am not the first to discover it, but I think its amazing to have this HUGE star watching over the galaxy. Picture shows me over 4,000ls away from the star, showing you just how impressive she is

80916725-0317-4ba9-96fd-6df352fcbede.png

Last edited:
Speaking of photo updates, there's only one item left on the "Missing Photos" thread that still needs a photo. That list was huge when it was posted, and had been whittled down quite a bit when I started my own photographic mission to hit all the entries I could. It took over a year, but I knocked out 30(!), and it was a hell of a journey! But SO...MANY...BARK MOUNDS!! Recently, several others have contributed to wrapping it all up. Thanks to those who contributed for the sake of the GMP and the posterity of those discoveries!

...Now what the hell do I do, tho? ;)

I'm not much for tooting my own horn, but for my own posterity, here are all the entries I contributed to (Breakthrough Echoes notwithstanding):

And an Imagur Gallery

Last edited:
Name:Forgotten worlds
Game map search ref:OOFAISP AA-A H2
Description:The system contains the deepest so far discovered Earth Like World and Ammonia World both in the same system located deep 3381,94Ly below the galactic plane in the centre region below Sagittarius A* and reachable only via fleet carrier.

The system has been discovered by CMDR Gregorio Cortez during the Deep Dive expedition
Screenshot reference:
1641243614464.png
1641243654568.png

Name:Holes in the dark
Game map search ref:Hyphudgue AA-A h3
Description:System containing four black holes located in the voids 3457,09 Ly below the galacic plane, nearly below the Sagittarius A*. System contains also one K class and two M class stars. The system is available to reach only in fleet carrier.
System was discovered by CMDR Gregorio Cortez during the Deep Dive expedition.
Screenshot reference:
1641244943694.png

No photo in system unfortunately so I doubt that qualifies in any way :(

Last edited:
Name: 26 moons
Game Map ref: PHROI BLUAE OI-Z D1-316
Descriptión: An effervescent system of life, with 26 moons to land on. Of which 1 with 8 biological signals, 2 with 6 signals, 1 with 4, 1 with 3, 1 with 2 and 1 with 1. a paradise for every exobiologist
Screenshot:

Attachments

• 20220112224334_1.jpg
    20220112224334_1.jpg
    433 KB · Views: 50
  • 20220112235301_1.jpg
    20220112235301_1.jpg
    422.3 KB · Views: 53
  • 20220112235302_1.jpg
    20220112235302_1.jpg
    426.2 KB · Views: 54
  • Elite Dangerous Screenshot 2022.01.12 - 23.48.16.34.jpg
    Elite Dangerous Screenshot 2022.01.12 - 23.48.16.34.jpg
    621.5 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Hey guys, I’m wandering with the Magellan Experience Expedition on Lyras Song (There will be a lot of entries on the future for this region since we found quite the excellent systems). I noticed one of the entries is no longer accurate with Odyssey release, and it’s missing a picture + DSSA Entry that is established there. I contacted the DSSA carrier owner @Factabulous, and he was cool with me submitting the DSSA entry with the renewal. Cheers CMDRs!

Reasoning:
The inconsistency lies in Body E1 2 A no longer having icy canyons (becoming a relatively flat body). Still, alas, the landable with atmosphere body generated does have canyons so that a simple text change would suffice. I believe this will be good with your policies. I’ll attach the slightly brightened pictures (since it’s pretty dark in there!) for reference only, not part of the submission. The photograph was also broken, so I took a newer picture.

PLA AICK GA-A E1 2 A today, those dark regions are mountain regions/not canyons.

unknown.png

Pla Aick GA-A e1 4 a, A landable with a neon-rich atmosphere; however, it does have good ice canyons. You can see them on the “black ridges” across the surface.

unknown_19.png

With those details clarified, here is my submission to update. I added a bit here and there (region updates, etc), but the text should be mostly the same.

Name:Ostium Tenebris
Game map search ref:

Pla Aick GA-A e1

Description:This small black hole (around 2.75 solar masses) at the end of the Lyras Song region is a rarity on the low star density and an excellent beacon to the vacuum that awaits you if you continue to descend the Perseus arm towards Tenebrae. At 35413 ly from Sol and 38046 ly from Sagittarius A*, you can play with the effects of gravitational lenses on the distant light of our galaxy.

For intense sensation lovers, you could also dive in the ice canyons of Pla Aick GA-A e1 4 a, a neon-rich landable with an atmosphere only lighted by distant stars.

Astrophotography by Richard Fluiraniz M.
Screenshot reference:
Pla_Aick_GA-A_e1__Pla_Aick_GA-A_e1_A_Belt.png

DSSA submission, this was vouched by @Factabulous

Logo :None at the moment
Carrier’s name :
Carrier Registration:
Carrier Class:
DSSA Gam Nine

X9Z-4XG

Victory Class
Designated region :
System:
Lyra’s Song

Pla Aick GA-A e1

Commission Date (date signed up to the DSSA) :22nd May 3306
Carrier Construction Date:9th June 3306
Construction Location :Kuo Terminal, Skeggiko O
In-service date :15th July 3306
Maiden Jump (date and location) :17th June 3306 - Meene
List all the services available :Repair, Refuel, Armory, Redemption Office, Shipyard, Outfitting, Universal Cartographics
Tariff % Set :0%
Commodities bought/sold on Carrier:Tritium
Meta-Alloys
Drinks/Alcohol (Formerly, as a very thirsty expedition purchased all of those commodities)
Mollusc spores & other scientific samples.
Thargoid samples & guardian objects.
Nearest Tritium spot :Pla Airgh ZB-E b53-0
Info about FC :Stationed on the southeast corner of the Lyra’s Song region, the DSSA Gam Nine offers an excellent stop for those venturing further into the Perseus Arm towards Tenebrae, in a road that becomes more absent of stars the further you go. Deployed on the “Search for the Pequod” expedition on 3306, it had the objective to search for the “white whales” of Lyra’s Song - the rare Quadripartite Pods unique to this region of the galaxy had only four variations, which compared to other types this is a low number. The search continues and will remain as long as the DSSA Gam Nine rests in its final position.

The carrier system is entirely covered in darkness, as Ostium Tenebris is the only star in the system. Nevertheless, the brightness of the milky way becomes the only light source available, creating a stunning yet spectral view. The carrier orbits body 2, a ringed gas giant whose darkened rings only become visible thanks to the light of the galaxy. Systems like these are relatively rare, as black holes are often partnered with stars, alone or with other black holes but rarely with planetary bodies of their own.

The DSSA Gam Nine continues its mission to support CMDRs delving into exploring life forms from Notable Stellar Phenomena, allowing them to submit their codex discoveries and sell their samples to support further studies.
Screenshot :
Pla_Aick_GA-A_e1__Pla_Aick_GA-A_e1_2.png

Pla_Aick_GA-A_e1__Pla_Aick_GA-A_e1_2_1.png

It's a fairly long entry, but I'm sure y'all sort it out. It's very important to set this entry up as the map in EDSM shows almost no carriers in a fairly big portion of the galaxy. When in reality there are some DSSA carriers waiting for their entries to be submitted to POIs. Hopefully this addition will encourage future commanders to delve towards this region and perhaps find the Pequod. :)

Last edited:
CMDR Edelgard von Rhein
Type: Historical
Name: Cloud One
Game map search ref: Nyoijaa QD-K d8-0
Description: This system is the closest known star system in the Milky Way to the Large Cloud of Magellan, located on the outer edge of the Perseus Arm and 40,554.46 LY from Sagittarius A*. A jump range of at least 128.45 LY is required to reach this system (the closest system is 70.50 LY away but the closest to that, also the second closest system to Cloud One, is 128.45 LY distant). For a 77LY-capable ship, as used for this visit, it is highly recommended to have the capability to carry out a minimum of six standard FSD boosts and twelve basic FSD boosts in addition to the two premium FSD boosts to reach the nearest star. The star density is low in this region and careful fuel management is essential, potentially saving the need for more powerful FSD boosts. More FSD boosting may be needed at times to traverse the tail end of the Perseus Arm, so a reserve of materials or the means to gather more is essential.
The Nyoijaa QD-K d8-0 system itself is a binary, with a G0 VAB primary and a M1 VA secondary. Only the secondary star has planets, six in total and three of the icy worlds have a single icy moon. The innermost planet is a high metal content type, the others are icy.
The most significant feature is the presence of two biological signals on the surface of the third planet. The life forms found there are Fonticulua Campestris - Amethyst and Bacterium Vesicula - Gold, the latter being hard to find, having a similar colour to much of the surface. The surface temperature of about 40K-78K is unsafe for prolonged on-foot exploration but the surface gravity of 0.20 g makes for straightforward manoeuvring on foot and in a SRV.
Screenshot reference:
1W7PrRV.jpg

Name:Three's a Crowd
Galmap Ref:DEHE PP-V D3-57
Description:An uncommon trinary orbital configuration of shepherd moons orbiting a ringed Helium-Rich Gas Giant. There is also an atmospheric world orbiting the Gas Giant outside its equatorial plane with a view of the entire ring system as well.
Screenshots:
20211229232308_1.jpg
Triple moons.png

Last edited:
Name: Theophrastus's Conservatory
System:Swauwry UY-S d3-5
Description:Discovered during the Magellan Experience in early 3308, this system exemplifies much of what the darkness of Tenebrae has to offer.

Highlights of the system include two ringed water worlds, one ammonia world, one Earth-like world, and three Notable Stellar Phenomena. This arrangement of planets appears to have spurred some staggering diversity among an ancestral population of vacuum-dwelling life, which is the true draw of this system. Usually a star system will only support one type of dynamic NSP-based lifeform, occasionally two. However the conditions of this system have allowed for the growth and coexistence of three, with each NSP hosting a unique variety of Rhizome Pod (Candidum, Cobalteum, and Gypseeum). The rings of the water worlds each contain one, as well as a population in a Proto Lagrange Cloud around the secondary star.

This system is ideal for any astrobiologist interested in the life unique to this remote region.
Screenshot:
lYjZeYA.jpeg

Name:Little ringed moon
Game map search ref:

Praei Flee UX-L b11-0 3A​

Description:A small moon, 0,09G, orbiting a ringed Gas giant. The rings finish almost on the orbit of this moon, landable, with cannons, geysers and mountains.
It's a good place to enjoy the views and make some VRS jumps before leaving the system.
Screenshot reference:
20220201120120_1.jpg
20220201120831_1.jpg

20220201122342_1.jpg
20220201123911_1.jpg
20220201125151_1.jpg

You can climb to the top of the mountain
20220201122930_1.jpg

Top Bottom