The Galactic Mapping Project & Historical Archive of Exploration

Name:Three of a Kind
Game map search ref:Phoo Scroi AA-A H3
Description:The stellar bodies in this system orbit a pair of ancient black holes, and boast the rare sight of an A-class star in binary (planetary) orbit with a stunningly-ringed neutron star.
Those impressive features are, however, just the cherry on top, as this system also contains an extremely rare sight to behold in the form of a K-class Giant star in planetary orbit around the system’s two central black holes. This orbital configuration, while not inherently unheard of, has never before been observed or reported to exist with giant stars of the Spectral Class ‘K’, making this a truly unique destination both for activities involving tourism, and those of galactic sciences.
Screenshot reference:
Elite Dangerous Screenshot 2022.02.16 - 23.28.59.13.png
Elite Dangerous Screenshot 2022.01.01 - 22.39.18.11.png
20220118124246_1.jpg

Name:Three of a Kind
Game map search ref:Phoo Scroi AA-A H3
Description:The stellar bodies in this system orbit a pair of ancient black holes, and boast the rare sight of an A-class star in binary (planetary) orbit with a stunningly-ringed neutron star.
Those impressive features are, however, just the cherry on top, as this system also contains an extremely rare sight to behold in the form of a K-class Giant star in planetary orbit around the system’s two central black holes. This orbital configuration, while not inherently unheard of, has never before been observed or reported to exist with giant stars of the Spectral Class ‘K’, making this a truly unique destination both for activities involving tourism, and those of galactic sciences.
Screenshot reference:View attachment 294677View attachment 294676View attachment 294675
what a crazy find CMDR, never have I ever seen that before!!!

Name:Abyssal Blue and Red
Game map search ref:Fleckia FY-H d10-0
Description:In the middle of the Abyss deep down the Z-Axis an Earth like World and a High Metal Content World orbit each other. The HMCW is terrafomable and has a nice red color contrasting with deep blue oceans, additionally there are two more terraformable HMCW in the system
Screenshot reference:
a2jD4Fw.png

MgcfR8W.png

1SOj3Ob.jpg

Last edited:
Name:Jumponium crystals
Game map search ref:Syritchi IW-E d11-70
Description:(Geological POI)

At first sight this trinary star system appeared only ordinary. However, star C contained three planets with crystal shards. Otherwise, the system contains several biological signals for vista genomics and several geological signals for raw materials.

Planet C 1 a contains heaps of yttrium as well as geological signals where you can sometimes get arsenic.

Planet C 2 c a contains the much sought-after element polonium, and again there are geological signals on the surface where you can get germanium and niobium.

Planet C 3 b contains ruthenium crystals, if you need it you can fill up your storage here.
Screenshot reference:
14.03.2022 - Syritchi IW-E d11-70.jpg

system.jpg

Latest GMP entries added / updated.

#5,600 Dr. Kay's Heart
#5,610 Thanatos
#5,613 Elysian Eye Deep Dive
#5,619 Sigmar's Hideout
#5,628 Noble Shield
#5,635 The Shin Eccentric
#5,638 The Steadfast Twins
#5,641 Five Black Eyes
#5,642 Cyanogenic Scarlet
#5,646 Forgotten Worlds
#5,650 Ostium Tenebris (Photo added)
#5,650 DSSA Gam Nine
#5,651 Cloud One
#5,653 Three's a Crowd
#5,659 Theophrastus's Conservatory
#5,662 Scorch (and the red moons)
#5,664 The Great Disk in the Sky
#5,666 Goliath's Sling (Description updated, photo added, entry has been removed from 'archived POI' and upgraded to 'Planetary POI')
#5,669 Argon Dream
#5,672 The Cosmic Lighter
#5,680 Fraternal Twins
#5,681 Three of a Kind

#5,600 Dr. Kay's Heart
#5,610 Thanatos
#5,619 Sigmar's Hideout
#5,628 Noble Shield
#5,641 Five Black Eyes
#5,646 Forgotten Worlds
#5,650 DSSA Gam Nine
#5,651 Cloud One
#5,653 Three's a Crowd
#5,666 Goliath's Sling (Description updated, photo added, entry has been removed from 'archived POI' and upgraded to 'Planetary POI')
#5,669 Argon Dream
#5,680 Fraternal Twins
#5,681 Three of a Kind
Thank you for #5610 :)

#5,600 Dr. Kay's Heart
#5,610 Thanatos
#5,619 Sigmar's Hideout
#5,628 Noble Shield
#5,641 Five Black Eyes
#5,646 Forgotten Worlds
#5,650 DSSA Gam Nine
#5,651 Cloud One
#5,653 Three's a Crowd
#5,669 Argon Dream
#5,680 Fraternal Twins
#5,681 Three of a Kind

Thanks for #5,680, good to get another POI on the list :)

Carrier's Insignia:​
View attachment 181988
Carrier Name:DSSA Buurian Anchorage
Carrier Class:Nautilus Class
Designated Region:Empyrean Straits
System:Dryau Ausms KG-Y e3390
Commission Date:April 3306
Carrier Construction Date:10 Jun 3306
Construction Location:Macdonald Settlement, Alcor System
Maiden Jumps:10 Jun: Tewanta (Fueling)
28 Jun: Pipe (bowl) Sector HH-V c2-1 (Deployment Expedition)
In-Service Date:22 Jul, 3306
Services Available:Repair, Refuel, Armory, Shipyard, Outfitting, Universal Cartographics, Redemption Office
Tariff Set:0%
Commodities Bought/Sold on Carrier:Tritium for sale, above galactic average
Nearest Tritium Hotspot:TBD
Carrier Info:The Buurian Protectorate, in conjunction with the Buur Pit Mining Company, approved and funded two Nautilus-class vessels in April 3306; The DSSA Buurian Anchorage, and The BPS Buurian Reflux.

With some clever planning, a historic long-range journey was born: Operation Autumn Squirrel, a first of its kind within the Protectorate.

The fleet departed their home system, Tewanta, on 28 Jun 3306 and began the long trek to the final destination; The Dryau Awesomes. With the support of the BPS Buurian Reflux, the Anchorage was deployed and became operational on 22 Jul, 3306.

It is here that the DSSA Buurian Anchorage will remain as a beacon of respite for the weary fleet carrier captain and independent traveler alike.

The Protectorate welcomes all.
Screenshot:View attachment 181995
o7 all,

I would like to get the "Services Available" line amended to add the following:

Bar, Pioneer Supplies, Vista Genomics

Services already listed are still available! Thanks!

This is my Carrier info post, o7

Carrier’s Insignia:
DSSAlogo.png
Carrier Name:DSSA Sword of Meridia
Designated Region:Perseus Arm
System:Whanu KU-V b17-0
Commission Date (date signed up to the DSSA):March 16th, 3308
Carrier Construction Date:June 9th, 3306
Construction Location:Jaques Station, Colonia
Maiden Jump(s):Katuri for refueling, March 18th, 3308
Ascella for Carrier Administration, March 20th, 3308
Whanu KU-V b17-0 for maiden voyage/deployment, March 22nd, 3308
In-service Date (date the vessel began its DSSA service):March 25th, 3308
Services Available:Repair, Refuel, Armory, Shipyard, Outfitting, Universal Cartographics, Redemption Offices
Tariff % Set:0%
Commodities Bought/Sold on Carrier:- Tritium
Nearest Tritium Hotspot:Whanu KU-V b17-0, planet 1 (Carrier is orbiting said hotspot)
System info:Whanu KU-V b17-0 is a haven for explorers who are far off of the beaten path, probably wondering why they are even there in the first place. It houses the DSSA Sword of Meridia, as well as a Tritium overlap and multiple Void Opal overlaps, a ringed landable planet, and enough materials present on landable planets for basic and standard FSD injections. Nearby Whanu VW-R b19-0 has all the materials for basic, standard and premium FSD injections.
Screenshots:
5e9b5a2b-1e93-4d3c-88ca-b659f3ff373e.PNG

1d22f110-96b1-4a56-ac93-442a4c5f31fb.PNG
1035ca6f-3c0f-4a12-8f7c-b8cd019891f3.PNG

This is my Carrier info post, o7

Carrier’s Insignia:View attachment 298542
Carrier Name:DSSA Sword of Meridia
Designated Region:Perseus Arm
System:Whanu KU-V b17-0
Commission Date (date signed up to the DSSA):March 16th, 3308
Carrier Construction Date:June 9th, 3306
Construction Location:Jaques Station, Colonia
Maiden Jump(s):Katuri for refueling, March 18th, 3308
Ascella for Carrier Administration, March 20th, 3308
Whanu KU-V b17-0 for maiden voyage/deployment, March 22nd, 3308
In-service Date (date the vessel began its DSSA service):March 25th, 3308
Services Available:Repair, Refuel, Armory, Shipyard, Outfitting, Universal Cartographics, Redemption Offices
Tariff % Set:0%
Commodities Bought/Sold on Carrier:- Tritium
Nearest Tritium Hotspot:Whanu KU-V b17-0, planet 1 (Carrier is orbiting said hotspot)
System info:Whanu KU-V b17-0 is a haven for explorers who are far off of the beaten path, probably wondering why they are even there in the first place. It houses the DSSA Sword of Meridia, as well as a Tritium overlap and multiple Void Opal overlaps, a ringed landable planet, and enough materials present on landable planets for basic and standard FSD injections. Nearby Whanu VW-R b19-0 has all the materials for basic, standard and premium FSD injections.
Screenshots:View attachment 298547
View attachment 298548View attachment 298549

Added (y)

Carrier’s Insignia:View attachment 190782

Carrier Name:Destiny Ascension
Carrier Class:Drake Class
Designated Region:Ryker's Hope
System:Scheau Blao TB-A c28-274
Commission Date:September 1st, 3306
Carrier Construction Date:August 13th, 3306
Construction Location:Enoch Port, Argatha
Maiden Jumps:Saga (Carrier refuel )
Agartha (Administrative tasks)
Scheau Blao TB-A c28-274 ( DSSA #143 destination )
In-service Date:October 3rd, 3306
Services:Repair, Refuel, Rearm, Universal Cartographics
Tariff:0%
Commodities Bought/Sold on Carrier:Selling Tritium at 70k credits
Nearest Tritium Hotspot:Scheau Blao TB-A c28-274 ABC 6
Carrier Information:Destiny Ascension is part of the DSSA Initiative ( DSSA #143 ) and its purpose is to provide necessary services for all ships regardless of size, passing through region Ryker's Hope ( Scheau Blao AA-A H513 sector ), with 0% tariff and additional service of universal cartography. WIll remain stationary in this sector for 5 full years, possibly even more with future updates. All CMDRs are welcome to visit and take a break at Destiny Ascension. The overlapping x2 Tritium Hotspot, as well as the scenery, makes the location enjoyable and other fleet carriers are always welcome to mine Tritium, or buy Tritium directly from Destiny Ascension. The Neutron stars close to the system are just around the corner, providing a 300% boost to your FSD, so make sure to charge it and leave the sector in style.

I avoid bothering folks with things such as updating or changing a piece of information every couple of weeks or months, in cases where it has no reason to be changed whatsoever. I tend to leave it as it is.

However, since there were some changes in FC services, logo design, description and the role of DSSA Destiny Ascension in general in the past 1.5 years, I'd like to make an update on already mentioned. I will prepare the necessary material for the update, so it is mostly replacing - out with the old, in with the new.

Would that be possible? If not, I really don't mind. :)

I avoid bothering folks with things such as updating or changing a piece of information every couple of weeks or months, in cases where it has no reason to be changed whatsoever. I tend to leave it as it is.

However, since there were some changes in FC services, logo design, description and the role of DSSA Destiny Ascension in general in the past 1.5 years, I'd like to make an update on already mentioned. I will prepare the necessary material for the update, so it is mostly replacing - out with the old, in with the new.

Would that be possible? If not, I really don't mind. :)

Yes, that's ok. Post your amendments here when they're ready :)

Hey guys!

Greetings from Hawking's Gap, a big region full of mysteries just next door!

Just a little quick renewal since I've noticed the description is a bit off with grammar, spelling, and the cohesion of the text in addition to some broken/old links. I'll also include some recent Odyssey Photos, feel free to renew those or keep the old ones since the location has not changed much (besides being a little less orange). Eerily enough, the new game did not get rid of the old ambience sound, which kept the creepy factor of the settlement. As always feel free to make the changes to see fit, as I did the update to make it clearer for new and old explorers alike.

About the link changes
Also, I did some digging and found the CoR commander that did the discovery of the site, which is CMDR Raktavijan. I believe he should be credited accordingly for historical purposes.

Sources of the discovery: CoR acknowledgment post:

Original post by Raktavijan:

About the pictures, the first one is the clearer one but it shows a bit of a terrain bug, while the second hides it but has not clear shot of the sign. The third one is a bit of a fix for the first one. As always those are entirely optional.

No changes beyond that. Should be good to go.

Name:

Hawking's Gap Abandoned Settlements - Alpha Site​

Game map search ref:Plaa Aec IZ-N c20-1
Description:"Randomius Factoria!" is a phrase ending one of the four logs left behind by a former crew member of the site, a premonition for the mysterious fate that befell the previous Project Dynasty occupants. A strange humming ambience sound befits the whole atmosphere of this place: gloomy, dark, cold, and empty. This is not a place for the faint-hearted; as something has happened here, something terrible that remains a mystery to this day. However, the last log might reveal a hint of the doom that befell the previous settlement inhabitants. It speaks about people going "void-mad", ejecting themselves into outer space, which severely crippled the capability of the expedition to crew their own ships because "they've seen ghosts". The log ends with "Word, there is something out there!" leaving the turn of events to the visitor's guess.
In late 3302, Alessia Verdi, a commander associated with the enigmatic CMDR Salomé, set up an exploration community goal on behalf of the Children of Raxxla. The goal was to retrieve and analyze as much survey data as possible from three specific regions. Those regions are the Formidine Rift, The Scutum-Sagittarii Conflux, and Hawking's Gap (Lin-Shu Hollow).

On the analysis of the data, CoR Intel discovered the location of several navigational beacons in each region, that in turn provided the planetary location of several settlements. (Source)

These settlements turned out to be staging posts for a mysterious 'Dynasty Expedition' that had traversed the location three decades earlier and had set up bases there. This is the remnant of one of them.

Links:
Astrophotography by CMDR Richard Fluiraniz M.
Screenshot reference:
Plaa_Aec_IZ-N_c20-1__Plaa_Aec_IZ-N_c20-1_A_1_a_1.png

Plaa_Aec_IZ-N_c20-1__Plaa_Aec_IZ-N_c20-1_A_1_a_2.png

Plaa_Aec_IZ-N_c20-1__Plaa_Aec_IZ-N_c20-1_A_1_a_3.png

As a final note: I think the information and digging I did for this renewal can help to fix other potential broken Project Dynasty renewals for future explorers.

Last edited:
Hey guys!

Greetings from Hawking's Gap, a big region full of mysteries just next door!

Just a little quick renewal since I've noticed the description is a bit off with grammar, spelling, and the cohesion of the text in addition to some broken/old links. I'll also include some recent Odyssey Photos, feel free to renew those or keep the old ones since the location has not changed much (besides being a little less orange). Eerily enough, the new game did not get rid of the old ambience sound, which kept the creepy factor of the settlement. As always feel free to make the changes to see fit, as I did the update to make it clearer for new and old explorers alike.

About the link changes
Also, I did some digging and found the CoR commander that did the discovery of the site, which is CMDR Raktavijan. I believe he should be credited accordingly for historical purposes.

Sources of the discovery: CoR acknowledgment post:

Original post by Raktavijan:

About the pictures, the first one is the clearer one but it shows a bit of a terrain bug, while the second hides it but has not clear shot of the sign. The third one is a bit of a fix for the first one. As always those are entirely optional.

No changes beyond that. Should be good to go.

Name:

Hawking's Gap Abandoned Settlements - Alpha Site​

Game map search ref:Plaa Aec IZ-N c20-1
Description:"Randomius Factoria!" is a phrase ending one of the four logs left behind by a former crew member of the site, a premonition for the mysterious fate that befell the previous Project Dynasty occupants. A strange humming ambience sound befits the whole atmosphere of this place: gloomy, dark, cold, and empty. This is not a place for the faint-hearted; as something has happened here, something terrible that remains a mystery to this day. However, the last log might reveal a hint of the doom that befell the previous settlement inhabitants. It speaks about people going "void-mad", ejecting themselves into outer space, which severely crippled the capability of the expedition to crew their own ships because "they've seen ghosts". The log ends with "Word, there is something out there!" leaving the turn of events to the visitor's guess.
In late 3302, Alessia Verdi, a commander associated with the enigmatic CMDR Salomé, set up an exploration community goal on behalf of the Children of Raxxla. The goal was to retrieve and analyze as much survey data as possible from three specific regions. Those regions are the Formidine Rift, The Scutum-Sagittarii Conflux, and Hawking's Gap (Lin-Shu Hollow).

On the analysis of the data, CoR Intel discovered the location of several navigational beacons in each region, that in turn provided the planetary location of several settlements. (Source)

These settlements turned out to be staging posts for a mysterious 'Dynasty Expedition' that had traversed the location three decades earlier and had set up bases there. This is the remnant of one of them.

Links:
Astrophotography by CMDR Richard Fluiraniz M.
Screenshot reference:
Plaa_Aec_IZ-N_c20-1__Plaa_Aec_IZ-N_c20-1_A_1_a_1.png

Plaa_Aec_IZ-N_c20-1__Plaa_Aec_IZ-N_c20-1_A_1_a_2.png

Plaa_Aec_IZ-N_c20-1__Plaa_Aec_IZ-N_c20-1_A_1_a_3.png

As a final note: I think the information and digging I did for this renewal can help to fix other potential broken Project Dynasty renewals for future explorers.
Hi Richard,

the link to the older Children of Raxxla archives has changed over the last years. If you want, you may consider using the contemporary one at:
https://thechildrenofraxxlachronicles.wordpress.com/2017/01/28/securing-the-truth/

Thanks for your efforts and fly safe!

Top Bottom