The Galactic Mapping Project & Historical Archive of Exploration

Hey guys!

Greetings from Hawking's Gap, a big region full of mysteries just next door!

Just a little quick renewal since I've noticed the description is a bit off with grammar, spelling, and the cohesion of the text in addition to some broken/old links. I'll also include some recent Odyssey Photos, feel free to renew those or keep the old ones since the location has not changed much (besides being a little less orange). Eerily enough, the new game did not get rid of the old ambience sound, which kept the creepy factor of the settlement. As always feel free to make the changes to see fit, as I did the update to make it clearer for new and old explorers alike.

About the link changes
Also, I did some digging and found the CoR commander that did the discovery of the site, which is CMDR Raktavijan. I believe he should be credited accordingly for historical purposes.

Sources of the discovery: CoR acknowledgment post:

Original post by Raktavijan:

About the pictures, the first one is the clearer one but it shows a bit of a terrain bug, while the second hides it but has not clear shot of the sign. The third one is a bit of a fix for the first one. As always those are entirely optional.

No changes beyond that. Should be good to go.

Name:

Hawking's Gap Abandoned Settlements - Alpha Site​

Game map search ref:Plaa Aec IZ-N c20-1
Description:"Randomius Factoria!" is a phrase ending one of the four logs left behind by a former crew member of the site, a premonition for the mysterious fate that befell the previous Project Dynasty occupants. A strange humming ambience sound befits the whole atmosphere of this place: gloomy, dark, cold, and empty. This is not a place for the faint-hearted; as something has happened here, something terrible that remains a mystery to this day. However, the last log might reveal a hint of the doom that befell the previous settlement inhabitants. It speaks about people going "void-mad", ejecting themselves into outer space, which severely crippled the capability of the expedition to crew their own ships because "they've seen ghosts". The log ends with "Word, there is something out there!" leaving the turn of events to the visitor's guess.
In late 3302, Alessia Verdi, a commander associated with the enigmatic CMDR Salomé, set up an exploration community goal on behalf of the Children of Raxxla. The goal was to retrieve and analyze as much survey data as possible from three specific regions. Those regions are the Formidine Rift, The Scutum-Sagittarii Conflux, and Hawking's Gap (Lin-Shu Hollow).

On the analysis of the data, CoR Intel discovered the location of several navigational beacons in each region, that in turn provided the planetary location of several settlements. (Source)

These settlements turned out to be staging posts for a mysterious 'Dynasty Expedition' that had traversed the location three decades earlier and had set up bases there. This is the remnant of one of them.

Links:
Astrophotography by CMDR Richard Fluiraniz M.
Screenshot reference:
Plaa_Aec_IZ-N_c20-1__Plaa_Aec_IZ-N_c20-1_A_1_a_1.png

Plaa_Aec_IZ-N_c20-1__Plaa_Aec_IZ-N_c20-1_A_1_a_2.png

Plaa_Aec_IZ-N_c20-1__Plaa_Aec_IZ-N_c20-1_A_1_a_3.png

As a final note: I think the information and digging I did for this renewal can help to fix other potential broken Project Dynasty renewals for future explorers.
Hi Richard,

the link to the older Children of Raxxla archives has changed over the last years. If you want, you may consider using the contemporary one at:
https://thechildrenofraxxlachronicles.wordpress.com/2017/01/28/securing-the-truth/

Thanks for your efforts and fly safe!

Thanks for those updates, this entry will be updated on EDSM sometime today (y)

Last edited:
Here is an experimental entry.

I noticed CX Crucis (The Jewel Box) had no picture entry, so decided to go a bit far (50ly away) on Jewel Box Sector XP-O c6-6 I took a picture of the cluster and named the stars by targeting them on the Galmap.

unknown.png

The result was this picture that I'm including in the entry, I named the star referred to along with the CRUCIS stars I could fit

Name:CX Crucis (The Jewel Box)
Game map search ref:CX Crucis
Description:An open cluster in the constellation Crux, originally discovered by Nicolas Louis de Lacaille during 1751–1752. This famous cluster was later named the Jewel Box by Sir John Herschel when he described its telescopic appearance as "a casket of variously coloured precious stones".

The cluster contains the 5th largest known star (by radius), red super-giant HIP 62918.

Astrophotography by Richard Fluiraniz M.
Screenshot reference:
jewelboxview_forgmp.png

I've seen some submissions like this without a visual and thought it would be nice to experiment a bit by using the skybox position of the stars to illustrate them. I might do a little tutorial about this if I go forward with a little project of mine in the works.

As a bonus, here is a mini submission of HIP 62918. This might be ignored/merged with the previous for notability, but I think since it's mentioned on external sources and due to its size it might be worth mentioning.

Name:HIP 62918 (DU Crucis)
Game map search ref:HIP 62918
Description:HIP 62918, also known as DU Crucis, is one of the brighter members of the Jewel Box Cluster and the brightest red super-giant, strongly contrasting with the other bright members of the cluster which are mostly B-class stars. It is also the 5th largest known star in the game by radius, for a fair comparison, the solar radius of this star is 997.2555 compared to Betelgeuse's 640.3727 and VY Canis Majoris 1,419.9999.

This was a waypoint in the Magellan Experience

Screenshot reference:
HIP_62918__HIP_62918.png

HIP_62918__HIP_62918_1_1.png

HIP_62918__HIP_62918_1.png

The last one is just me min-maxing, you guys might ignore it but I'll be interested to know if skybox submissions for clusters would be actually cool in the future.

Last edited:
Here is an experimental entry.

I noticed CX Crucis (The Jewel Box) had no picture entry, so decided to go a bit far (50ly away) on Jewel Box Sector XP-O c6-6 I took a picture of the cluster and named the stars by targeting them on the Galmap.

unknown.png

The result was this picture that I'm including in the entry, I named the star referred to along with the CRUCIS stars I could fit

Name:CX Crucis (The Jewel Box)
Game map search ref:CX Crucis
Description:An open cluster in the constellation Crux, originally discovered by Nicolas Louis de Lacaille during 1751–1752. This famous cluster was later named the Jewel Box by Sir John Herschel when he described its telescopic appearance as "a casket of variously coloured precious stones".

The cluster contains the 5th largest known star (by radius), red super-giant HIP 62918.

Screenshot reference:
jewelboxview_forgmp.png

I've seen some submissions like this without a visual and thought it would be nice to experiment a bit by using the skybox position of the stars to illustrate them. I might do a little tutorial about this if I go forward with a little project of mine in the works.

As a bonus, here is a mini submission of HIP 62918. This might be ignored/merged with the previous for notability, but I think since it's mentioned on external sources and due to its size it might be worth mentioning.

Name:HIP 62918 (DU Crucis)
Game map search ref:HIP 62918
Description:HIP 62918, also known as DU Crucis, is one of the brighter members of the Jewel Box Cluster and the brightest red super-giant, strongly contrasting with the other bright members of the cluster which are mostly B-class stars. It is also the 5th largest known star in the game by radius, for a fair comparison, the solar radius of this star is 997.2555 compared to Betelgeuse's 640.3727 and VY Canis Majoris 1,419.9999.

This was a waypoint in the Magellan Experience

Screenshot reference:
HIP_62918__HIP_62918.png

HIP_62918__HIP_62918_1_1.png

HIP_62918__HIP_62918_1.png

The last one is just me min-maxing, you guys might ignore it but I'll be interested to know if skybox submissions for clusters would be actually cool in the future.
Ah, very nice. I don't know if this sort of thing is interesting to the GMP, but I like it. I was just up in M67 this weekend and I'm kicking myself for not thinking to make something similar.

Ah, very nice. I don't know if this sort of thing is interesting to the GMP, but I like it. I was just up in M67 this weekend and I'm kicking myself for not thinking to make something similar.
Yeah, the idea is that these type of entries already exist but without a relevant picture. So I think it would be nice if we can get visual skybox representations so explorers can visualize clusters easily. Like how we look at real life cluster pictures.

Last edited:
Once again (and hopefully, for the last time), I'd like to request an update of my DSSA carrier's form. It has changed its ID and also has new services, as I replaced it with an alt account. Here's the updated form:

Carrier’s Insignia:
XFITX87.png
Carrier Name:DSSA Inverness
Carrier Class:Nautilus Class
Designated Region:Vulcan Gate
System:Thraikoo PS-U e2-4
Commission Date (date signed up to the DSSA):July 25th 3306
Carrier Construction Date:June 9th 3306
Construction Location:Jackson Ring, CD-47 990
Maiden Jump(s):101 Tauri for fueling (June 9th 3306)
IGAU Inverness Nebula Survey Expedition (June 15 3306 to August 27 3306)
In-service Date (date the vessel began its DSSA service):August 29th 3306
Services Available:Refuel, Repair, Armoury, Redemption Office, Shipyard, Universal Cartographics, Concourse Bar, Vista Genomics
Tariff % Set:0%
Commodities Bought/Sold on Carrier:Tritium (as part of the STAR Network)
Nearest Tritium Hotspot:Unknown at this time
Carrier Info (optional):The carrier was originally commissioned as the IGAU Inverness, as a mobile research carrier that led an expedition spanning 50,000 ly, surveying nebulae and gathering biological samples from spaceborne aliens. Once the expedition was finished with the Inverness having delivered the samples to the Holloway Biology Centre at Colonia, the carrier was assigned to the DSSA, and was later renamed to DSSA Inverness. After a short refuelling campaign that was helped by independent Commanders and the IGAU squadron, the carrier reached its deployment location in the Thracian Nebula (Thraikoo PS-U e2-4) on August 29th, 3306.

Explorers who have reached the nebula can travel farther west to the noted Ovomly sector, which houses the only form of spaceborne life known to thrive around white dwarf stars: Torus Molluscs. Aside from a few points of interest farther in the region, Vulcan Gate is generally lightly explored (at the time of writing), so there are plenty of opportunities for Commanders who wish to make their mark on the galaxy.

For information on how to get in touch, please see the forum thread.

Astrophotography by CMDR Durin Plane

Logo assistance by CMDR Orvidius
Screenshot:

Once again (and hopefully, for the last time), I'd like to request an update of my DSSA carrier's form. It has changed its ID and also has new services, as I replaced it with an alt account. Here's the updated form:

Carrier’s Insignia:
XFITX87.png
Carrier Name:DSSA Inverness
Designated Region:Vulcan Gate
System:Thraikoo PS-U e2-4
Commission Date (date signed up to the DSSA):July 25th 3306
Construction Location:Jackson Ring, CD-47 990
Maiden Jump(s):101 Tauri for fueling (June 9th 3306)
IGAU Inverness Nebula Survey Expedition (June 15 3306 to August 27 3306)
In-service Date (date the vessel began its DSSA service):August 29th 3306
Services Available:Refuel, Repair, Armoury, Redemption Office, Shipyard, Universal Cartographics, Concourse Bar, Vista Genomics
Tariff % Set:0%
Commodities Bought/Sold on Carrier:Tritium (as part of the STAR Network)
Nearest Tritium Hotspot:Unknown at this time
Carrier Info (optional):The carrier was originally commissioned as the IGAU Inverness, as a mobile research carrier that led an expedition spanning 50,000 ly, surveying nebulae and gathering biological samples from spaceborne aliens. Once the expedition was finished with the Inverness having delivered the samples to the Holloway Biology Centre at Colonia, the carrier was assigned to the DSSA, and was later renamed to DSSA Inverness. After a short refuelling campaign that was helped by independent Commanders and the IGAU squadron, the carrier reached its deployment location in the Thracian Nebula (Thraikoo PS-U e2-4) on August 29th, 3306.

Explorers who have reached the nebula can travel farther west to the noted Ovomly sector, which houses the only form of spaceborne life known to thrive around white dwarf stars: Torus Molluscs. Aside from a few points of interest farther in the region, Vulcan Gate is generally lightly explored (at the time of writing), so there are plenty of opportunities for Commanders who wish to make their mark on the galaxy.

For information on how to get in touch, please see the forum thread.

Astrophotography by CMDR Durin Plane

Logo assistance by CMDR Orvidius
Screenshot:

Thanks for the update marx. Amendments complete (y)

Greetings, since DSSA#4 "NECFC Huginn" is back in its deployment system after refitting, I'd like for the following lines on the EDSM POI:

Services Available: Refuel, Repair, Armoury, Redemption Office, Universal Cartographics.
Services Available on Request: Shipyard, Outfitting.

To be updated to:

Services Available: Refuel, Repair, Armoury, Redemption Office, Universal Cartographics, Vista Genomics.
Services Available on Request: Shipyard, Outfitting, Bar, Pioneer Supplies.

Thanks CMDR

This is a request to update my carrier's POI details following a refit to include Odyssey related services.

s Insignia:
dssa_carrier_logo_update.png
Carrier Name:DSSA Chrysaetos Refuge
Designated Region:Aquila's Halo
System:Xothae MA-A d2
Commission Date (date signed up to the DSSA):April 8th 3306
Construction Location:Enoch Port, Agartha
Maiden Jump(s):BD-22 3573 for fueling (June 10th 3306)
Alpha Centauri for maiden voyage (June 18th 3306)
In-service Date (date the vessel began its DSSA service):July 12th 3306
Services Available:Armory, Concourse Bar, Pioneer Supplies, Outfitting, Refuel, Repair, Universal Cartographics, Vista Genomics
All installed services available all the time. No suspended or on request services
Tariff % Set:0%. No carrier owner set tariffs ever.
Commodities Bought/Sold on Carrier:Tritium. Prices subject to change
Nearest Tritium Hotspot:Xothae AM-Y c0 (A1)
Carrier Info (optional):The DSSA Chrysaetos Refuge was originally one of two Hutton Orbital Trucker Carriers, but has since moved affiliations to be part of The Buurian Protectorate.

Chrysaetos Refuge made a solo deployment in late June / early July 3306 and provided a temporary base of exploration operations for the 707ESQ Golden Owls Squadron, passing by NGC 6842, Àrsaidh Nebula Guardian sites, Zejoo Nebula, the Vulcan Triad, Phorcys Black Hole and Nebula and Osprey Stellar Remnant (EDSM route). It reached it's destination of Xothae MA-A d2 on July 12th 3306.

On Monday March 28th 3308, The DSSA Chrysaetos Refuge was temporarily relieved of duty in the Xothae MA-A d2 system by the BPFC Terre de Borann captained by CMDR Eagle131. Over the next three days the Refuge made its way to Colonia briefly stopping at various Galactic Mapping Project points of interest:
  1. Phraifaae AA-A h0 (The King and Queen of Mikenas)
  2. Hypua Priae BA-A g0 (Mene Tekel)
  3. Wembeau KM-V e2-12 (The Other Eye of Sauron)
  4. Agnaimt AA-A h39 (The Three Amigos)
  5. Agnaix QD-A d1-71 (Kraken Nebula)
  6. Eol Prou AA-A h162 (Tartarus)
On Thursday March 31st 3308 the Refuge rendezvoused with CMDR Bob48 in orbit of the Glow Bug Gas Giant POI in the Eol Prou KW-L c8-32 system for a extremely generous Tritium refueling operation in preparation for the return trip to the Aquila's Halo region. Subsequently the Refuge made a jump to the Ratraii carrier administration system where all existing crew (with exception of the Deck Officer) decided to exercise a clause in their contracts and seek opportunities elsewhere in the galaxy. While in orbit in the Ratraii system the Refuge underwent a refit of services where the existing services of Armory, Refuel, Repair and Universal Cartographics were complimented with the addition of a Concourse Bar, Pioneer Supplies, Outfitting and Vista Genomics. Having completed introductions with various Colonia based personal equipment engineers CMDR Bow Lof Petunias boarded the Refuge to command the carrier on it's return journey to the Xothae MA-A d2 system. The Refuge returned to it's deployment location on the evening of Sunday April 3rd 3308, after only 6 days away from station, traveling a near 60Kly round trip, and was welcomed home by CMDR Eagle131.

During the refit the Refuge received funding for a further five years of guaranteed operation without any service suspensions for it's installed services and with a continued commitment to no service tariffs ever. This funding would not have been possible without the bountiful exploration data income generated from participating in the original Canonn Challenge route. CMDR Bow Lof Petunias is delighted to be able to share in the success of the associated Chronicles One expedition with the continued funding of the DSSA Chrysaetos Refuge.

The Refuge refit would not have been possible without generosity and dedication of the following commanders:
  • CMDR Eagle131
  • CMDR Bob48
  • CMDR Rodnaris
  • CMDR Tiron

The Refuge offers a place of rest and recovery for adventurers seeking to escape the more frequented parts of the galaxy, situated in the inhospitable sparseness of the Aquila's Halo region. It is a beacon in the night beyond the Milky Way's outer arm.
Screenshot:
Xothae MA-A d2 (D1a) - 4K - 3308-04-03a.jpg

Xothae MA-A d2 (D1a) - 4K - 3308-04-03b.jpg

This is a request to update my carrier's POI details following a refit to include Odyssey related services.

s Insignia:
dssa_carrier_logo_update.png
Carrier Name:DSSA Chrysaetos Refuge
Designated Region:Aquila's Halo
System:Xothae MA-A d2
Commission Date (date signed up to the DSSA):April 8th 3306
Construction Location:Enoch Port, Agartha
Maiden Jump(s):BD-22 3573 for fueling (June 10th 3306)
Alpha Centauri for maiden voyage (June 18th 3306)
In-service Date (date the vessel began its DSSA service):July 12th 3306
Services Available:Armory, Concourse Bar, Pioneer Supplies, Outfitting, Refuel, Repair, Universal Cartographics, Vista Genomics
All installed services available all the time. No suspended or on request services
Tariff % Set:0%. No carrier owner set tariffs ever.
Commodities Bought/Sold on Carrier:Tritium. Prices subject to change
Nearest Tritium Hotspot:Xothae AM-Y c0 (A1)
Carrier Info (optional):The DSSA Chrysaetos Refuge was originally one of two Hutton Orbital Trucker Carriers, but has since moved affiliations to be part of The Buurian Protectorate.

Chrysaetos Refuge made a solo deployment in late June / early July 3306 and provided a temporary base of exploration operations for the 707ESQ Golden Owls Squadron, passing by NGC 6842, Àrsaidh Nebula Guardian sites, Zejoo Nebula, the Vulcan Triad, Phorcys Black Hole and Nebula and Osprey Stellar Remnant (EDSM route). It reached it's destination of Xothae MA-A d2 on July 12th 3306.

On Monday March 28th 3308, The DSSA Chrysaetos Refuge was temporarily relieved of duty in the Xothae MA-A d2 system by the BPFC Terre de Borann captained by CMDR Eagle131. Over the next three days the Refuge made its way to Colonia briefly stopping at various Galactic Mapping Project points of interest:
  1. Phraifaae AA-A h0 (The King and Queen of Mikenas)
  2. Hypua Priae BA-A g0 (Mene Tekel)
  3. Wembeau KM-V e2-12 (The Other Eye of Sauron)
  4. Agnaimt AA-A h39 (The Three Amigos)
  5. Agnaix QD-A d1-71 (Kraken Nebula)
  6. Eol Prou AA-A h162 (Tartarus)
On Thursday March 31st 3308 the Refuge rendezvoused with CMDR Bob48 in orbit of the Glow Bug Gas Giant POI in the Eol Prou KW-L c8-32 system for a extremely generous Tritium refueling operation in preparation for the return trip to the Aquila's Halo region. Subsequently the Refuge made a jump to the Ratraii carrier administration system where all existing crew (with exception of the Deck Officer) decided to exercise a clause in their contracts and seek opportunities elsewhere in the galaxy. While in orbit in the Ratraii system the Refuge underwent a refit of services where the existing services of Armory, Refuel, Repair and Universal Cartographics were complimented with the addition of a Concourse Bar, Pioneer Supplies, Outfitting and Vista Genomics. Having completed introductions with various Colonia based personal equipment engineers CMDR Bow Lof Petunias boarded the Refuge to command the carrier on it's return journey to the Xothae MA-A d2 system. The Refuge returned to it's deployment location on the evening of Sunday April 3rd 3308, after only 6 days away from station, traveling a near 60Kly round trip, and was welcomed home by CMDR Eagle131.

During the refit the Refuge received funding for a further five years of guaranteed operation without any service suspensions for it's installed services and with a continued commitment to no service tariffs ever. This funding would not have been possible without the bountiful exploration data income generated from participating in the original Canonn Challenge route. CMDR Bow Lof Petunias is delighted to be able to share in the success of the associated Chronicles One expedition with the continued funding of the DSSA Chrysaetos Refuge.

The Refuge refit would not have been possible without generosity and dedication of the following commanders:
  • CMDR Eagle131
  • CMDR Bob48
  • CMDR Rodnaris
  • CMDR Tiron

The Refuge offers a place of rest and recovery for adventurers seeking to escape the more frequented parts of the galaxy, situated in the inhospitable sparseness of the Aquila's Halo region. It is a beacon in the night beyond the Milky Way's outer arm.
Screenshot:View attachment 300078
View attachment 300079

Updates made (y)

Hello I've just completed my DSSA Carrier Swap and would like to update a few things to my entry...
Keep the roundel and change the carrier image to...

359320_20220409020513_1.png

• Carrier Name: DSSA Erikson’s Gateway
  • Carrier Class: Nautilus Class
  • Designated Region: Outer Arm
  • System: Hypoe Bloae KZ-Z c16-6
  • Commission Date (date signed up to the DSSA): April 23th 3306
  • In-service Date (date the first vessel began its DSSA service): July 17, 3306
  • Odyssey Carrier Replacement Completed: April 9th, 3308

• Services Available: Repair, Refuel, Armory, Shipyard, Outfitting, Universal Cartographics, Redemption Office, Vista Genomics, Pioneer Supplies, Bar.
  • Tariff: 16%

• Commodities Bought/Sold on Carrier:
    Buys Tritium at varying prices Until Full.
    Sells a small supply of alcohol for role playing purposes.

• Nearest Tritium Hotspot: In system (Hypoe Bloae KZ-Z c16-6)
Erickson’s Gateway resides in the Outer Arm, to provide a waypoint between the Outer Arm and Erikson's Star, located in the Scutum-Centaurus Arm. Between these two points lies Mare Desperationis, a desolate and sparse area of the galaxy. The carrier will sit near the edge of the Outer Arm, providing a "gateway" and respite to weary travelers. In honor of Leif Erikson's voyage to North America, the carrier has been proudly named Erikson's Gateway!

In 3308 The Original Carrier was replaced, so that new Odyssey services could be offered.

The carrier resides in a Green System with Tritium and a Class IV Gas Giant.

Due to the pilots federation not making 3308 a leap year, the dates on Rhubarb and Custard and Cyanean Rocks are out by a day in 3308 so the GMP entries need to be changed to remove the schedules. Rather than add a corrected schedule it would be better to link to the new calendar functionality, that can calculate dates out into the future indefinetely and displays the dates in local time.

Rhubarb and Custard (KOI 413) https://canonn-science.github.io/canonn-calendar/year?system=KOI 413
Cyanean Rocks (Synuefe WH-F c0) https://canonn-science.github.io/canonn-calendar/year?system=Synuefe WH-F c0

I have also created a calendar for:
The Planet of Slightly Lesser Death (Blaa Eohn YZ-G d10-0) https://canonn-science.github.io/canonn-calendar/year?system=Blaa Eohn YZ-G d10-0

Also if you have any suggestions for other GMP entries that would benefit from having a schedule please fill in the request form and I will do my best to add them in.

I'm not sure how this will effect exploration and the feeling of no longer discovering unique worlds in the galaxy, but its not good news (and not surprising since Frontier are taking their game in a whole different direction these days).

DSSA_Buurian_Gold.png

Carrier Name : DSSA Buurian Gold
Registration number: XFZ-4TG
Carrier Class: Victory Class
Designated Region: Elysian Shores
System: BLIE EUP CM-T C17-0
Commission Date: March 18th 3308
Carrier Construction Date: November 3306
Construction Location Jacobi Platform in the Lan Tzak System
Maiden Jumps: To Tewanta. The Buurian Protectorate Home system November 28th 3306
In-Service Date: April 15th 3308
Services Available: Refueling - Repair Crew - Armory - Commodity trading - Redemption Office - Universal Cartographics - Shipyard - Outfitting Tritium Depo - Vista Genomics - Pioneer Supplies - Concourse Bar.
Tariff % Set: 0%
Commodities Bought & Sold on Carrier: Tritium. Will buy for 55,000 CR/T Will Sell for 80,000 CR/T
Nearest Tritium Hotspot: Unknown at this time
Carrier info: The DSSA Buurian Gold is the 3rd Fleet carrier deployed by the Buurian Protectorate ranger CMDR Sweney. The Buurian Gold has served as a multipurpose platform for the Buurian Protectorate for the last 2 years before being assigned to the DSSA.

Last edited:
Name:Krishna's Blessing
Game map search ref:BOETHS MM-S B22-31 (Body A6)
Description:Krishna, the eighth avatar of Vishnu and a supreme God in his own right, drank poisoned milk given by Poothana the demoness and saw his skin turn blue, which made him unique among the Gods.

As unique as Krishna is this beautifully blue ringed Helium Gas Giant, the second procedurally-generated one to be discovered (and the closest to Sol). The first CMDR to have a sight of it was CMDR MatthewDread, during the first days of April 3307.

System BOETHS MM-S B22-31 is at first sight a normal binary system with a total of 25 bodies. However, tucked away in the end of the A sequence of planets is this unique little gem.

Smallest, coolest, lightest and lowest HGG, at the moment of discovery, it stands out on its own right and is a great waypoint on a trip to Colonia or Sagittarius A*, being only 16289 Ly North of Sol.

The HGG has a landable moon, and from the surface of the moon (11 Ls away) it can be clearly seen as a blue spot against the background light of the galaxy, without a vision of the rings because the moon and rings are perfectly aligned.

The long distance miner can enjoy Alexandrite and Void Opals hotspots on the incredibly dense icy rings, with the deep blue of the Gas Giant in the background.

Astrophotography by JJGoldberg
Screenshot reference:
20220416154635_1.jpg

20220416154708_1.jpg

20220416160258_1.jpg

20220416161225_1.jpg

20220416161351_1.jpg

20220416161624_1.jpg

Last edited:
Name:Krishna's Blessing
Game map search ref:BOETHS MM-S B22-31 (Body A6)
Description:Krishna, the eighth avatar of Vishnu and a supreme God in his own right, drank poisoned milk given by Poothana the demoness and saw his skin turn blue, which made him unique among the Gods.

As unique as Krishna is this beautifully blue ringed Helium Gas Giant, the second procedurally-generated one to be discovered (and the closest to Sol). The first CMDR to have a sight of it was CMDR MatthewDread, during the first days of April 3307.

System BOETHS MM-S B22-31 is at first sight a normal binary system with a total of 25 bodies. However, tucked away in the end of the A sequence of planets is this unique little gem.

Smallest, coolest, lightest and lowest HGG, at the moment of discovery, it stands out on its own right and is a great waypoint on a trip to Colonia or Sagittarius A*, being only 16289 Ly North of Sol.

The HGG has a landable moon, and from the surface of the moon (11 Ls away) it can be clearly seen as a blue spot against the background light of the galaxy, without a vision of the rings because the moon and rings are perfectly aligned.

The long distance miner can enjoy Alexandrite and Void Opals hotspots on the incredibly dense icy rings, with the deep blue of the Gas Giant in the background.

Astrophotography by JJGoldberg
Screenshot reference:View attachment 302528

View attachment 302529

View attachment 302530

View attachment 302531

View attachment 302532

View attachment 302533
NO WAY!!!
The second proc-gen has been found!!!!!!
AMAZING FIND CMDR!!!!

Additions and updates made:

#5,713 DSSA Erikson’s Gateway entry updated
#5,714 (Calendar of events updated with new links)
#5,716 Buurian Gold
#5,717 Krishna's Blessing

Important note: From May 1st 2022 the Galactic Mapping Project entered maintenance mode, and although some DSSA related POIs will still be added, along with missing screenshots from existing POIs, no new submissions will be added to the community map via the GMP from now on. Those wanting to submit their discoveries to a new community initiative can do so at the Open POI Sharing Project. Updated link: Galactic Exploration Catalog.

This thread will remain open as it contains an archive of historical exploration-related information dating back to the earliest days of Elite Dangerous (not just GMP related info), as well as it hosting the Expedition Hub, which will continue to be updated as and when required.

Finally, I want to share a message posted to the GMP team recently when this decision was reached. From Corbin Moran, one of the original members of the GMP team and co-creator of the high-definition galaxy map that the GMP, EDSM, and pretty much all third party mapping apps use to this day;

"For me personally it has been an awesome experience to be part of a player driven project that has been enriching the play experience of so many others. I am really, really proud of what we have achieved regarding both the quality of the project, the maps, the writing, the interface, etc - but also the quantity of the staggering number of entries processed and numbers of players engaged with the GMP in various ways. The GMP together with EDSM became a galactic GPS - and for many players it served as a focal point for shared storytelling and community expeditions." - Corbin Moran, April 4th 2022.

We echo those sentiments wholeheartedly.

On behalf of the GMP team, past and present, we want to thank everyone who has supported and contributed to the project since it began back on February 19th 2015. Its been a wonderful project to be a part of and see it grow into what it became.

-Erimus Kamzel (Founder), Corbin Moran (High-def map creator), Anthor (EDSM), Andrew Gaspurr (data entry), Heavy Johnson (data entry), Kazahnn Drahnn (data entry), Jon Burnage (data entry), Baxder (data entry), Orvidius (EDastro).

o7.

Last edited:
Top Bottom