No. Drew knows the lore for what there is available to be known by all. He just doesn't have any more info on Raxxla than the rest of us, which is lore accurate. O7 and welcome

You're right, I was mis-remembering Robert Holdstock's "Elite: The Dark Wheel" as having been a fictional piece written by Drew (it's been a while since I've read any source material). Thank you for the correction.

Footnote: Elite: The Dark Wheel was packaged with the original game, so it's lore could technically be considered canon. Just wanted to clarify; I'm not saying it's 'fictional' in regards to what knowledge it presents about the in-game Raxxla and Dark Wheel.

You're right, I was mis-remembering Robert Holdstock's "Elite: The Dark Wheel" as having been a fictional piece written by Drew (it's been a while since I've read any source material). Thank you for the correction.

Footnote: Elite: The Dark Wheel was packaged with the original game, so it's lore could technically be considered canon. Just wanted to clarify; I'm not saying it's 'fictional' in regards to what knowledge it presents about the in-game Raxxla and Dark Wheel.
Yea I would agree but it seems a lot of stuff in it has been retconned, though what all has been is extremely unclear and FDev has no intention of clearing it up

The authors of the books that came out with Elite Dangerous with the package they could purchase from Fdev contained lore that Fdev has not published for all to read.

So I'd "wager" that Drew Wagar has better lore info than what we all know and is probably prohibited from saying anything about the lore he knows that hasn't been released to the public by Fdev yet.

The authors of the books that came out with Elite Dangerous with the package they could purchase from Fdev contained lore that Fdev has not published for all to read.

So I'd "wager" that Drew Wagar has better lore info than what we all know and is probably prohibited from saying anything about the lore he knows that hasn't been released to the public by Fdev yet.

I don't think anybody sensible would take that wager. I'm fairly sure Drew's said in forum posts that he knows more (all the authors were apparently given access to FD's internal storyline book so they could all get their stories straight) but is under NDA and his lips are sealed. But he still makes entertaining lore videos about what is generally known and I think it's a good source to help get newcomers up to speed. As are the videos by Exigeous, Down To Earth Astronomy, and Obsidian Ant, and all the FD-sponsored books, and Drew's lore ED forum thread. :)

there's very little that fdev has actually produced and said involving their lore. What most people who post about lore do is regurgitate what they've read - which may or may not be first hand information.

The authors of the books have first hand info and have interpreted that in the works they've created (which those other guys use as reference material ...unaware of what is first hand and what is artistic freedom.

So yes, i'd still say any author who was given those author packets of information from fdev (and have been to the conventions in-person fdev used to have - which drew has) have a better handle on the game's lore than pretty much any of us who have not.

I don't think anybody sensible would take that wager. I'm fairly sure Drew's said in forum posts that he knows more (all the authors were apparently given access to FD's internal storyline book so they could all get their stories straight) but is under NDA and his lips are sealed. But he still makes entertaining lore videos about what is generally known and I think it's a good source to help get newcomers up to speed. As are the videos by Exigeous, Down To Earth Astronomy, and Obsidian Ant, and all the FD-sponsored books, and Drew's lore ED forum thread. :)
there's very little that fdev has actually produced and said involving their lore. What most people who post about lore do is regurgitate what they've read - which may or may not be first hand information.

The authors of the books have first hand info and have interpreted that in the works they've created (which those other guys use as reference material ...unaware of what is first hand and what is artistic freedom.

So yes, i'd still say any author who was given those author packets of information from fdev (and have been to the conventions in-person fdev used to have - which drew has) have a better handle on the game's lore than pretty much any of us who have not.
While I've no doubt that there's a lot of lore info that Drew (and the authors) have that we don't, that's not to say that there's not stuff we know that they don't.

Drew's said at some point that there was stuff that he still couldn't talk about due to the NDAs.

However, when Drew did his lore tour, there was stuff fed into by other people that Drew wasn't aware of and he only found out about at that point.

The Project Equinox stuff was an example of the latter IIRC. I asked Dave Hughes if he'd had a hand in that, in the Lore Tour episode on Galcop, and he didn't know anything about it either.

Pretty sure there were some other examples as well of things Drew only found out about a few days before specific episodes, but I can't recall other specific examples off the top of my head.

search for what ? nobody knows what raxxla is. a grid search would have to be 100% complete (visual review of surfaces of all planets/moons, reviewing every uss/poi, looking in every asteroid cluster before declaring a system done and moving on.

that's without even knowing if your grid search has any hope at all of finding it since it could be something that is only discoverable via a trigger of actions such as jumping from a specific starting point to a specific end point or getting a permit that is otherwise ungettable etc.

So short answer, no. all we have is a database of systems we've honked in and the idea that if anyone who doesn't use those third party database systems came across it from honking, they'd have said something.

So has anyone organised a grid search for raxxlas in the bubble/areas of interest?

Edit: OP updated.

Last edited:

TDW novella isn't canon.

It can't be - it's set in what's essentially a parallel universe (one where the galaxy is full of sentient alien civilisations).

That doesn't mean some parts aren't the same as ED canon though. Places, ships, etc.

It's best treated as myth and legend for ED.

I was reading this afternoon about Gan Romero. Admittedly, the info is pretty sparse being only a wiki entry and GalNet posts on the story.
Something struck me about this story with regards to Raxxla and was wondering if there is more info on him somewhere, especially his dream journal?
Forgive me if this has been brought up in the previous 1000+ pages.

I was reading this afternoon about Gan Romero. Admittedly, the info is pretty sparse being only a wiki entry and GalNet posts on the story.
Something struck me about this story with regards to Raxxla and was wondering if there is more info on him somewhere, especially his dream journal?
Forgive me if this has been brought up in the previous 1000+ pages.
jung2.jpg

So, I'll admit, I am fairly new to the Raxxla stuff, I've mainly been doing the normal stuff in the game, exploring for rank and mining. I got to a bit of a "dead end" in as much that I didn't know what to do next, and I started to unlock the guardian stuff, which leads to more interest in joining the Thargoid war etc. and naturally you come across Raxxla. I've watched a lot of videos and read a lot, but I'm still processing a lot of what I read. I tend to agree, it's probably far easier than is generally thought and that FDev havent released it into game yet.

With that said, I was discussing the game with someone totally blank, someone who's never played it. And I was saying, that the more you dig the more you appreciate the work to the stories FDev have put in and that there are a lot of instances where Greek Mythology comes up. I said in a throwaway line "I wonder what the Odyssey expansion will do, I wonder if it will move the story forward". The reply was a raised eyebrow and said "Odyssey, as in Homer's poem, the Odyssey".

Now, this has got me thinking....

Is Raxxla, a settlement of remaining Guardians, who fought in the Thargoid wars (or other war)? Or did the Guardians think of the Thargoids as gods?
- The story of Odyssey begins at the end of the Trojan War, where the King, Odysseus, has not yet returned, because he angered Poseidon. (This is where I am thinking Thargoid War or Thargoids as gods)

Or is Raxxla, a Guardian living among us?
- In Homer's Odyssey, Odysseus returns to Troy and lives for a period undercover. During the telling of the Trojan Horse story he reveals himself. Then shares his stories about his return to Troy.
-- The Thargoids are interested in occupied escape pods, are they trying to find the Guardian?

In the story of his return, Odysseus speaks of a cave, in a lush uninhabited island, where he and his men enter a cave with all the food they can eat. On return home Polyphemus seals the cave and starts to eat his men, they devise an escape plan and flee. Could Polyphemus in the story be a Thargoid in the game and then Thargoids are now looking for Raxxla (Odysseus)?

In Homer's Odyssey, Odysseus tells his story to the Phaeacians, who offer him treasure, before the treasure is hidden in a nearby cave. Could these be the theorised aliens we have yet to meet?

The Guardian Sites are grouped, like a "Guardian Bubble", so I wonder if there is anything that indicates a final war that they had, do we know why they abandonded their settlements? Perhaps a search between the Guardian Bubble and the last war area might show up something... Maybe the Cone Sector is the site of this war? (Dunno just speculating now)
1610573069745.jpeg

go here and type 'holdstock' - there's a very long list of them..

And the Gan Romero story was halted by FD when they admitted that it was just fluff, and that looking for him was a waste of CMDRs time. Not to say the Halsley visions thread itself is a dead end - just that there is no story behind Gan in game. Note that they haven't stepped in and stopped us dreaming about looking for Raxxla !

Yeah, never trust Jupiter Rochester this person is slimly as they come even after the Lakon take over. And it's possible JR can be one of the club members or just a puppet. But The Club needs control over the manufacture on ships and it's easier for them keep an eye on said manufacturing under Fed oversite.

Back
Top Bottom