Well, this is going to end up being a hunt through the historical names of systems.
OK, well when you've got a list I'm happy to check out the systems or whatever they are :)
The one thing I wish I could do is load the soundwave recording “signature” of a hyperspace jump into a programme and play it. The digital graph in the bottom right of the HUD. It seems to repeat regardless of time spent in the jump animation.
I liked your post, good stuff :) With this section, I can record the audio of Witchspace, but I've no idea how to reverse engineer that little soundwave signature, or even if that's a 'real' soundwave or just a representation, it's so tiny. Maybe need some sort of sound engineer? There must be one in the forums somewhere?
In a Stream from MalikVR Dr Kay Ross (former Developer for ED ) was in the Chat (~1.Sep.2022) and People started asking her Questions. One response was that she did work on something that could be expanded on to make objects visible from other systems. That was off course Stargoid related.
Nevertheless the Game has Star Descriptions that no one ever has found.
Furthermore there are two 15.7 BodyType values that have been found but are not in the documentation.
So why have Exoticstars and RoguePlanets in the Documentation but (not allowed to further mention) and (not allowed to further mention) not?
You make a lot of sense. I agree that those ID types were made for a reason, just because there's nothing found using them yet doesn't mean there isn't anything to find. It's a great point that the Stargoids are an example of an object that both moves and can be seen from a distance of lightyears! nice catch.
by the time England vs Wales kicks off.
Are you suggesting Raxxla is related to sportball?

Yes! I think also the magnitude or maybe type of star has a different overall effect on the strength of the colours. Strangely I only noticed this recently too!

Also the star in the centre of the tunnel actually gets closer, pics below are the start and end of a 130ly jump:
View attachment 334296
View attachment 334297
It's barely noticeable at normal jump ranges but on those long neutron jumps you can really see it grow from a little point!

So very cool! I really think most people underappreciate the witchspace tunnel. I did, I basically ignored it for years because I believed the common myth that it's "just" the loading graphic. I've only started really looking properly at it over the last month and it's actually really cool!
As you approach the end of the tunnel, look at 45°-60° relative to the tunnel and you will see space fold up on itself right before you exit the Witchspace tunnel.

Yes, should be there since very early versions.
The problem is that we still don't have any confirmation it can be accessed. It has been stated it exists, but not what it is - what kind of resource/asset it is, whether it is any asset at all. And that kinda makes it hard to understand whether it's accessible.
Being accessible or not also depends on which version, what kind of asset, resource, location, permissions etc.

So it's hard to conclude one way or the other where it will be - it depends on all the mechanisms to make it available, and if those mechanisms are in place. And which version it happened (or will happen in the future).

Something that just occurred to me for things in my own methods.

Witch-Space is mentioned in the toast and I for one have never tried this till now.

When your looking at things in various places you have a list of things you do, i.e. honk three times or spin twice ECT ECT.

Add a unplotted hyperspace jump to the list, it has an audio trigger in the game, so could also have a position based trigger for something else.
Just a thought, and it only takes 1 second.

The problem is that we still don't have any confirmation it can be accessed. It has been stated it exists, but not what it is - what kind of resource/asset it is, whether it is any asset at all. And that kinda makes it hard to understand whether it's accessible.
Being accessible or not also depends on which version, what kind of asset, resource, location, permissions etc.

So it's hard to conclude one way or the other where it will be - it depends on all the mechanisms to make it available, and if those mechanisms are in place. And which version it happened (or will happen in the future).
I already have a list of systems that would have been traversed from start to end of the route of the couriers that apparently introduced Mycoid to the Merritt Group station. Route plotting is being done with a stock Cobra MkIII drive which can get approximately 11 LY in as-is. Details have been confirmed and we have Universal Cartographics names for the end points: Atlantis and Regulus. I am hoping before long we have the station for TDW. If that can be found, we likely will have details on how to access Raxxla. I am fairly comfortable in the assessment that Soontill Relics are frauds as the characters behind the destroyed station were known to have sold alien artifact and technology forgeries in the past (multiple times). We are finally getting closer.

Last edited:
I have tendonitis in my right hand...the sound of one thumb twiddling.......
👍👍👍👍

Stopped off at a friendly FC in Statue of Liberty nebula yesterday afternoon to sell some UC data & reload AFMS.
Back enroute to Circinus Pulsar...176 jumps to go...
Now Fsd has server interruptus 😔

...Then probably a couple of days to await the bug fixes and update to EDDiscovery to suit legacy/live galaxies
😕

'The Toast' sure is a tantalising potential clue :unsure: And parts of it match pretty accurately written logs recovered from the Dynasty missions regarding witchspace... in fact, I wonder if the Dynasty logs in their entirety might actually provide more matches to codex clues? I only actually re-read them recently for links to TDW novella, not actually looking for connections to the codex's.

The below is just the extract I already used, I'll go see if there's anything else interesting:

Dark Wheel Codex​

"To the jewel that burns on the brow of the mother of galaxies! To the whisperer in witch-space, the siren of the deepest void! The parent's grief, the lover's woe, and the yearning of our vagabond hearts. To Raxxla!"

- Alleged toast of the Dark Wheel

FORMIDINE RIFT ALPHA MISSION 2/6​

"Expedition Log: 28/08/3270
Could have sworn I heard some weird voices in the last jump. "

FORMIDINE RIFT ALPHA MISSION 5/6​

"Expedition Log: 07/10/3270
“I can’t bear another jump. The lights in witch-space are coming for me, the lights… always the lights… they’re calling to me… a siren song… I must join them…”"

The use of the specific phrase "siren Song" could be a coincidence (as discussed previously it's not an uncommon trope), but... well... we've so little to go on.

Honestly because of Drew Wagar being involved ... well... I'd long ago consigned all the Formidine stuff to the trash pile and assumed it was unconnected to anything important.

However, it's worth another look since there's little else to go on. I decided to widen it to literally ever other discovered log, outpost, comms relay, everything. There may be some through-line of hints that connects with the codex in a meaningful way... maybe...o_O

You know... it's getting kinda interesting. I'll post a full report when I'm done :)

That would more relate to TDW then, the codex image for TDW, which is why it was not mentioned.
As is the Toast as it is also for TDW which is why I assumed you were talking about TDW by the contents of your own post...
Ultimately - The toast is actually the only thing we do have to go on, along with small hints from FD in the past.
The Formidine Rift missions logs is what lead me to call it the song of the void, as per my other post.

The circle continues :D
Aside from the Logo and Codex entry for Raxxla you have nothing else to go on for those, TDW Toast is not a clue for Raxxla.

Top Bottom