According to edsm, NGC7822 is known as The Siren of the Spinward Stars. Been through every Class O in it. Mapped quite a few. S171 9 is my favorite system of them. It has 3 black holes. Just favorite for beauty, not due to anything riddle related. S171 34 has the Cupids Arrow tourist beacon. That was the 2nd step in our process. "Ours" being the 46&2.

Making my way though the systems now, currently docked at the little asteroid base in a class M near the edge of the Nebula. But, as predicted, after leaving Andromedae and arriving at my first destination I’m greeted with “First mapped by Guru-951” damnit!!! Lol. Seriously a Bad Wolf thing goin on there lol.

According to edsm, NGC7822 is known as The Siren of the Spinward Stars. Been through every Class O in it. Mapped quite a few. S171 9 is my favorite system of them. It has 3 black holes. Just favorite for beauty, not due to anything riddle related. S171 34 has the Cupids Arrow tourist beacon. That was the 2nd step in our process. "Ours" being the 46&2.

If it’s known as that prior to the codex then that might be significant. Either as a local itself or a triangulation point perhaps.

currently docked at the little asteroid base in a class M near the edge of the Nebula.

Since when has there been an asteroid base at each nebula? Even the rosette nebula which is 8kly from sol has one.

'Checking in' to the N/America nebula base was greeted as if it was a travelodge with 'Enjoy your stay, I hope all is to your liking' - I nearly asked where the mini-bar is :)

YB

Since when has there been an asteroid base at each nebula? Even the rosette nebula which is 8kly from sol has one.

'Checking in' to the N/America nebula base was greeted as if it was a travelodge with 'Enjoy your stay, I hope all is to your liking' - I nearly asked where the mini-bar is :)

YB

Yeah there have been a number added over time for sure. Haven’t been to the one in the NA Neb myself but interesting to hear there is one. I think the one in this Neb was added after the CG in California Sector BV-Y C7 (Darwin Research) because they determined the Nebula was of scientific importance.

not sure of the source. IMO, the source is irrelevant, as long as it was a thing Before the Riddle was given to us. As they may have used it based on it being a thing already.
https://www.edsm.net/en/system/id/22469/name/S171+37

It doesn’t have to be directly involved with the codex. It might be sharing a mutual reference indirectly.

Sometimes referred to as the 'Siren of the Spinward Stars'. So called because pilots see them from hundreds of light years away, look on in wonder, and feel an urge get closer to investigate.
That was exactly what I felt when I first saw it. And it was completaly by a chance.

Last edited:
It doesn’t have to be directly involved with the codex. It might be sharing a mutual reference indirectly.

That was exactly what I felt when I first saw it. And it was completaly by a chance.

Same. I didn’t know about it until I got closer, I had assumed it was one of the skybox decorations we see. Hadn’t it been so close to my original destination I wouldn’t have hesitated to divert to it first. Once you see it and realize you can go there, you gotta go.

Here's Obsidian Ant's post of 2015, so others can see what we're referring to. I've always noticed that region and thought it a bit odd looking as there are so many bright stars all in a line. Kept meaning to go have a look, and I'm not _very_ far away at them moment. Maybe I'll swing by for the hell of it.

where did that come from? Search for the term and only ED stuff comes up - who added that to EDSM? Is there an out of game reference for that name?

YB

Can’t find a irl reference to it like that. Seems to be something that exists in game only. There doesn’t appear to be any real work mythology attached to it. The only things mentioned in NASA, Earth and Sky, Wiki etc is its exceptional luminosity, and that it illuminates the famed Pillars of Creation.

The fact (near as I can tell) to it being a Siren of the Spinward Stars exists in game only makes it all the more intriguing.
If the reference predates the updates, good. Would even be better if the reference was added with the launch of 3.3 like the renaming of Delphi.

Interesting to note that Stella of Astrophel and Stella is a siren in a way. Specifically because of her eyes that were black but paradoxically bright. This feature lured men in and ultimately to their fate.

Can’t find a irl reference to it like that. Seems to be something that exists in game only. There doesn’t appear to be any real work mythology attached to it. The only things mentioned in NASA, Earth and Sky, Wiki etc is its exceptional luminosity, and that it illuminates the famed Pillars of Creation.

The fact (near as I can tell) to it being a Siren of the Spinward Stars exists in game only makes it all the more intriguing.
If the reference predates the updates, good. Would even be better if the reference was added with the launch of 3.3 like the renaming of Delphi.

The name is just in EDSM, I think. Probably a name given to it by the galactic maping project community.

FD has picked up a few of those names and added it to the game, after a while. Conflux and Hawkins gap are examples.

For the record though, the Andromeda constellation is so large that it reaches to the furthest point on the edge of the galaxy in the direction of the Andromeda galaxy itself.
I've been to all but that 1 star on the edge, which according to EDSM has been visited hundreds of times and has only 2 stars. I believe CMDR Baton was the first visitor to it.

Has anyone maxed out rep with these guys? They are a bit suspicious! I don't have a combat ship and I haven't gotten many donation missions from them yet.

GwJDAZL.jpg

Then did anyone realize the death star is in it's first stages! Raxxla means nothing if the blow up all our planets!!! (Do they kill on site near a death star construction?) It looks like a lobster claw aiming at something.

It's a PMF.

Is it possible the would use a PMF as a front. Maybe the connect to something like a fake front for the DW. How much do the incorporate players actions into the lore?

Rt0eaUn.jpg

What if Raxxla was blown up... We could be looking for a debri field or asteroid belt..

Last edited:
Then did anyone realize the death star is in it's first stages! Raxxla means nothing if the blow up all our planets!!! (Do they kill on site near a death star construction?) It looks like a lobster claw aiming at something.

Is it possible the would use a PMF as a front. Maybe the connect to something like a fake front for the DW. How much do the incorporate players actions into the lore?

What if Raxxla was blown up... We could be looking for a debri field or asteroid belt..

Keep it together, will ya?

Last edited:
But, as predicted, after leaving Andromedae and arriving at my first destination I’m greeted with “First mapped by Guru-951” damnit!!! Lol. Seriously a Bad Wolf thing goin on there lol.

for me, I keep finding Allitnil's footprints everywhere I go - I must be off The Way :)

YB

Last edited:
I am half-convinced that Raxxla symbol represents a cube-shaped structure.
But cannot recall any reference for such complex structure from the books or in the game.

Back to the shadows in another dimension.

When the Earth Expeditionary Fleet was granted it's system in Colonia I tried to get Frontier Developments to name the system "Kurai Sharin" which roughly translates to "Dark Wheel" in Japanese. I told them exactly what the name meant and it looked like everything was a go ... until the day the system went live and now there's a system out there with the horrible unwieldy name of "Earth Expeditionary Fleet". Looks like these guys managed to slip their reference into the game whereas I got called out :(

Top Bottom