To begin with NGC 7822 begins nearly on the border of the "Elysian Shores" sector. The Elysian Shores in greek mythology is related to the underworld and hence, persephone, hecate, etc...
From a more scientific perspective, NGC 7822 is part of the Cepheus constellation, named after a Greek figure who was married to none other than Cassopeia.

Not to mention that the Gorgon Research Facility is in the nebula. The Gorgon Medusa's head was used by Perseus to kill Cetus the sea monster to save Andromeda.

I have 5 triple accounts, and I haven't seen anything yet.
(I suck at resetting accounts, only done it once)

PS: Someone on the OA/DJ stream comments mentioned a sighting in Tionisla between 9A/9B, will check tomorrow.

Have some rep for five triple elite accounts- that is staying power compadre!

I’m ranking up my second account at the moment since DW2 is having a short intermission at Sag A*, and I don’t think I ever want to see another courier mission!

Just a thought, but “personal journey” could conceivably also include full Fed Admiral and Empire King ranking.

From a lore perspective they can of course choose who they want to contact. In the game, it's difficult to measure extraordinary skill. Either way, it has to be a concrete measurable gate.

Unless it's triggered manually by the devs, that is.

I still don't think Raxxla is gated, unless it's in Shinrarta Dezhra.

Neither do I. I constantly go back to Michael Brookes’ comment thtat it “is a little bit obvious”. That comment was made ages ago, before any Codex ‘hints’ and subsequent mythological rabbit hole hunting.

So what is “a little bit obvious” in the game?
To my mind it is either 1) hidden in Shinrarta Dezhra system, 2) the clue is given by the name of “Shinrarta Dezhra”-translates as “life, she saw, hope”, or 3) it is depicted in either the non-Horizons start menu screen or the introductory video. I cannot see that anything else can be said to be obvious (dictionary definition: easily perceived or understood; clear, self-evident, or apparent).

P.S. Someone posted that rare good “water of shintara” comes from SD. Note the ‘Shintara’ not ‘Shinrarta’, might be an FD spelling mistake (not exactly unknown), or might be a subtle clue? Think this has also been in-game from the beginning.

Upgraded my Conda again and got her up to 60ly and decided to go check out NGC 7822. I had been out that way once before with the intention of going to the rift, but in my 30ly ASP it wasnt happening. Turned back after like 7k light years.

While perusing the systems in 7822 I began to research the nebula. I found an interesting chain of information that is highly relevant to a lot of things and thought I would share.

To begin with NGC 7822 begins nearly on the border of the "Elysian Shores" sector. The Elysian Shores in greek mythology is related to the underworld and hence, persephone, hecate, etc...

From a more scientific perspective, NGC 7822 is part of the Cepheus constellation, named after a Greek figure who was married to none other than Cassopeia. Through this research I found a lead on a star that happens to be in the formadine rift. This "lead" is weak, but it is directly related to all this information as well as the Dark Wheel Toast. Perhaps this information has been shared in the thread already, Im not sure due to the massive size of the thread, but I thought some people might be interested in these connections.

60ly? Eeee, sheer luxury!
Back in the days of the FRift hunt I went out in a 27 ly (or was it 23?) Asp. :cool:

Last edited:
Neither do I. I constantly go back to Michael Brookes’ comment thtat it “is a little bit obvious”. That comment was made ages ago, before any Codex ‘hints’ and subsequent mythological rabbit hole hunting.

So what is “a little bit obvious” in the game?
To my mind it is either 1) hidden in Shinrarta Dezhra system, 2) the clue is given by the name of “Shinrarta Dezhra”-translates as “life, she saw, hope”, or 3) it is depicted in either the non-Horizons start menu screen or the introductory video. I cannot see that anything else can be said to be obvious (dictionary definition: easily perceived or understood; clear, self-evident, or apparent).

P.S. Someone posted that rare good “water of shintara” comes from SD. Note the ‘Shintara’ not ‘Shinrarta’, might be an FD spelling mistake (not exactly unknown), or might be a subtle clue? Think this has also been in-game from the beginning.

Shintara is one of the twelve heavenly generals.

IIRC someone way back said S/D was player named??

Correct. The name and the meaning of the name were created by one of the players, as part of the KS funding. Other players got to name systems and planets too, but this one was a one-off, the "holy grail" option for planet and system naming.

I always thought the easiest way to hide Raxxla in plain sight would be to have it in the map but not let it appear in the Nav Panel.

Enjoy your fun new mapping game ;)

Checked this morning and Col 70 was on the other side of the moon. The antenna seemed to be pointing in exactly the opposite direction. I suppose it has to do something if it's looking at the wrong half of the sky.

Merely single Elite here, closing in on double (trade), but a long way off triple so I hope it doesn't matter!

Edit:

I wish I'd thought to look for stations controlled by TDW (like Neumann) when I was getting allied! Carto data would have been a lot quicker than data missions and donations from Jamesons.

Nothing special on the mission board at Neumann Camp, btw. Is that how the TDW "Raxxla" missions were offered or were they direct like the Obsidian meta-alloy ones?

They were offered also outside SD, I did get two offered when I was in Apurui on the mission board I did do them successful then Horizons came and they were removed.

Last edited:
May Raxxla hidden by mixing appearance for the radar and for the world? For example CMDR looking on the object and viewing it as a star. But in the world it is the planet. Or it may be black hole with ELW appearance. Just have read some Galnet news and found that BH background picture for some news themes. BH that looks like the star on the radar model. Then... Nevermind. It was just the old interface and non targeted BH. But I have thought some time about that picture. Found only part of the name on the left mini panel - 11 A. Oh, nothing new. No any "Raxxla was here" ;D

Last edited:
I know its unlikely because of the eight moon around gas giant thing but that's the Dark Wheel station not Raxxla, what if Raxxla is on Triton in Sol, that thing is permit locked for a reason and maybe you get the permit by finding the real Dark Wheel. I don't buy it's locked so FDev can test stuff there's plenty of permit locked regions for them to play about with. Highly unlikely but not the craziest theory I've heard or thought of for Raxxla

Another crazy idea. RAXXLA is so strange name. Was it descripted in old books? This doubled XX and single L... Right arm shoulder shoulder and left arm? :D No. It is so similar with Roman numerals. And so easy to start thinking about Col 70 Sector systems. That LXX = 70. But what is RA and A? There was "medieval Roman numerals" with alphabetical numerals... No! I should to stop here! Mixing numerals is the wrong way. :eek:

Last edited:
Another crazy idea. RAXXLA is so strange name. Was it descripted in old books? This doubled XX and single L... Right arm shoulder shoulder and left arm? :D No. It is so similar with Roman numerals. And so easy to start thinking about Col 70 Sector systems. That LXX = 70. But what is RA and A? There was "medieval Roman numerals" with alphabetical numerals... No! I should to stop here! Mixing numerals is the wrong way. :eek:

Greek numerals work better. You get 101 600 631. That at least looks like coordinates.

Not that I have found anything at any of the combinations or negative number varieties. ;)

Only problem is Raxxla moved. So even if it points to the original location its not there anymore.

Sorry if this is an obvious idea/question, but has every system in the bubble been visited, scanned and fully-scanned (dss)?

If not, is there any way to determine which systems have not been fully mapped or scanned?

Sorry if this is an obvious idea/question, but has every system in the bubble been visited, scanned and fully-scanned (dss)?

If not, is there any way to determine which systems have not been fully mapped or scanned?

To systematically do this would take many people and years of time. The best you can do is use what we know to narrow down the search. For example Raxxla is the 8th moon of a gas giant. So heres what I do when searching random systems:

1) DSS and see how many bodies there are. Lets say there are 19 bodies.
2) Go into system map and literally count the bodies to make sure every one has been discovered. If its 19/19 nothing more to do unless...
3) There is a gas giant with at least 8 moons. Whenever I find a system with a gas giant that has 8 moons I go to the 8th moon and then I
a) Look in the FSS for any possible signal sources around the planet
b) Probe/map the entire moon

One thing I am wondering is how literal 8th moon is. The way the game categorizes moons is they are lettered a, b, c, etc... So the other day I found a gas giant with like 10 moons, but two of those moons had their own moons so were counted as like Moon C - 1 Moon C - 2. The actual "8th" moon in these systems was of course Moon H, but there were other bodies before that so the number was higher than 8. To be sure I just map them all, but I still wonder if its needed.

Last edited:
Top Bottom