I'm assuming this is nothing new. But do the new surface deposits usually look this thargoid. I usually only do fissures. And not usually up close. I was exploreing and looking in asteroids because of the other thread. Couldn't remember if this is a normal look and can't find any good pics online.

I could actually see this from a pretty good distance away. As in multiple asteroids away. Not what I normally think of as a normal asteroid deposit.

Source: https://imgur.com/a/8L3VeFk
Don't have stuff to scan it on me.
Just finished 'And Here The Wheel' , there is a part where they navigate and asteroid belt using visual clues on certain asteroids that point the way to Smuggler's Junction, which was an asteroid base. I seems like a cool way to hide something that couldtve been incorporated into the game. I feel like i remember possibly DB saying you don't know what you might find in an asteroid belt. Pretty sure the vid was posted in this thread but i have no idea who posted it.

Just finished 'And Here The Wheel' , there is a part where they navigate and asteroid belt using visual clues on certain asteroids that point the way to Smuggler's Junction, which was an asteroid base. I seems like a cool way to hide something that couldtve been incorporated into the game. I feel like i remember possibly DB saying you don't know what you might find in an asteroid belt. Pretty sure the vid was posted in this thread but i have no idea who posted it.
Uncle Brabes said similar things about nebulae, but alas I don't recall when or where either. Dev diaries?

Nebulae are where ive typically found plumbus looking gourd type life forms so it seems like a good hint. Ive never really looked at any belts though just rings and resource sites and hotspots. If i ever get the bgs in my systems where we want them ill have to put in more effort in my explorations

has any thorough investigation been done on the "distorted planet noise sounds" that you get from hovering bodies in FSS?
i would imagine, if raxxla to be tied to such easily overlooked (yet FDEV took the time and effort to put it in) mechanic, that it would be behind some sort of out of the ordinary, and quite unique sounding planet, that could reveal something once the sound has been processed in some way. this has been done before, in many puzzle solving activities, where an image is converted to a noise audio file, through use of conversion softwares, wich can be re-converted back into original image form. i came across a few very interresting, unique and strange sounding bodies over the few hundred hours i spent in the game.

i also noticed that these keywords appear a lot around raxxla : whispering, singing, etc... if any whispering would appear in ED, i would imagine it would be from either witch space, or planet surface noise sounds.
it could also be something Dark wheel related. some sort of encrypted noise message from them, coming from a surface of a planet, and only picked up by the FSS noise surface sounds.
*queue the tinfoil hat spooky music
was reading through this thread tonight and found this comment interesting. I've been listening to ice planets with geological/biological formations, a specific line "come speak to me" comes out clearly but the rest is garbled around noise. I haven't yet figured out what that is related to but your comment seemed related to my curiosity about what that transmission might be. I noticed that I hear "come speak to me" on any ice planet with geysers even those with atmospheres. I noticed it first when I was out near the rim and it got me so curios I started fixating on it. Tried to leave it alone for a while thinking I was just hearing things but having started exploring again I've noticed it once more. I am going to find some other types of planets ,rocky metal etc and see if they also say something or add to the line I'm hearing. It had not occurred to me that it might relate to raxxla but I will post more details if I find any thing new.
How do I speak to a planet?

was reading through this thread tonight and found this comment interesting. I've been listening to ice planets with geological/biological formations, a specific line "come speak to me" comes out clearly but the rest is garbled around noise. I haven't yet figured out what that is related to but your comment seemed related to my curiosity about what that transmission might be. I noticed that I hear "come speak to me" on any ice planet with geysers even those with atmospheres. I noticed it first when I was out near the rim and it got me so curios I started fixating on it. Tried to leave it alone for a while thinking I was just hearing things but having started exploring again I've noticed it once more. I am going to find some other types of planets ,rocky metal etc and see if they also say something or add to the line I'm hearing. It had not occurred to me that it might relate to raxxla but I will post more details if I find any thing new.

With a very large megaphone! 😚

Installation probably a bug, friend in Colonia has one on their Nav Panel with no name but can still be targeted and flown to, just says unauthorised when you get there iirc, no name of it at all anywhere, so put it down to bugs.

Sounds a lot like the Engineers huh? Been thinking for a while that they are the DW. Felicity refers to DW in Codex as being real (only one who actually does rather than say theyre a myth), names like Turner & Jameson imply certain heritage and Ryder is a direct link. Quite a few have to go through nefarious contacts to access, the others require a test of 'skill' in various roles - combat, trade, smuggling, explo. Cant quite make their bases into a wheel on the GalMap though....

Except Jorki is allied with all of them (except t’ young lass that recently appeared & is Palin’s sacrificial offering to t’thargoids (who’s the nearest engineer to Col 70?)), has been for a long time and never got any mission or been offered any other test from them. But yes, that is another example of the in-game test mechanism. So there is a test for engineer acceptance, there may be a similar test for the mysterious Elite Federation of Pilots, and we hope for
a similar test for TRDW so we can get some hints as to Raxxla’s location. 🧐

Except Jorki is allied with all of them (except t’ young lass that recently appeared & is Palin’s sacrificial offering to t’thargoids (who’s the nearest engineer to Col 70?)), has been for a long time and never got any mission or been offered any other test from them. But yes, that is another example of the in-game test mechanism. So there is a test for engineer acceptance, there may be a similar test for the mysterious Elite Federation of Pilots, and we hope for
a similar test for TRDW so we can get some hints as to Raxxla’s location. 🧐
You mean Chloe Sedesi, the Palin clone engineer in Witch Head Sector DL-Y d17 (closest to Col 70)?
I'd like to think FDev are going to add cut-scenes for the engineers inviting you to visit, maybe one day...

I've heard that one. At least the 'speak to me' part. It's not an ice planet thing. It's a volcanic activity thing.

All planets with volcanic activity say 'speak to me'. It's easiest to hear it in the FSS full zoom view.

The same whispering sound says something else as well. It's harder to hear any words on the second part. It sound something like: 'speak to me..........during kiss'. :LOL:
That makes absolutely no sense unless you want a conversation while listening to a Kiss album. 😛

OMG YOU GUYS!
633673729262531831-TinfoilHat.jpg

Like this:

O Master of sublime name and great power, supreme Master; O Master Saturn: Thou, the Cold, the Sterile, the Mournful, the Pernicious; Thou, whose life is sincere and whose word sure; Thou, the Sage and Solitary, the Impenetrable; Thou, whose promises are kept; Thou who art weak and weary; Thou who hast cares greater than any other, who knowest neither pleasure nor joy; Thou, the old and cunning, master of all artifice, deceitful, wise, and judicious; Thou who bringest prosperity or ruin, and makest men to be happy or unhappy! I conjure thee, O Supreme Father, by Thy great benevolence and Thy generous bounty, to do for me what I ask... (Seznec, 1953)

Correct incantations and positions of the fixed stars are important. Some people prefer magical talismans, statuettes and knick-knacks, I'm personally more of a follower of the path of silent observation.
large-1.jpg
Horus-Harpocrates_in_the_Sun.jpg

Last edited:
Like this:

O Master of sublime name and great power, supreme Master; O Master Saturn: Thou, the Cold, the Sterile, the Mournful, the Pernicious; Thou, whose life is sincere and whose word sure; Thou, the Sage and Solitary, the Impenetrable; Thou, whose promises are kept; Thou who art weak and weary; Thou who hast cares greater than any other, who knowest neither pleasure nor joy; Thou, the old and cunning, master of all artifice, deceitful, wise, and judicious; Thou who bringest prosperity or ruin, and makest men to be happy or unhappy! I conjure thee, O Supreme Father, by Thy great benevolence and Thy generous bounty, to do for me what I ask... (Seznek, 1953)

Correct incantations and positions of the fixed stars are important. Some people prefer magical talismans, statuettes and knick-knacks, I'm personally more of a follower of the path of silent observation.
large-1.jpg
You forgot between Friday Sun-Set and the first three stars rising on the Horus-zone Saturn's Day.

Like this:

O Master of sublime name and great power, supreme Master; O Master Saturn: Thou, the Cold, the Sterile, the Mournful, the Pernicious; Thou, whose life is sincere and whose word sure; Thou, the Sage and Solitary, the Impenetrable; Thou, whose promises are kept; Thou who art weak and weary; Thou who hast cares greater than any other, who knowest neither pleasure nor joy; Thou, the old and cunning, master of all artifice, deceitful, wise, and judicious; Thou who bringest prosperity or ruin, and makest men to be happy or unhappy! I conjure thee, O Supreme Father, by Thy great benevolence and Thy generous bounty, to do for me what I ask... (Seznec, 1953)

large-1.jpg

I just send them an O7. 🙂

Not sure that Drew Wagar’s Dark Wheel (Rebecca, Elyssia, Luko, etc with HQ in Rebecca’s ship in Tionisla graveyard) are anything to do with FD’s TRDW, their stealth station and Raxxla; since we do know that he was not party to anything to do with Raxxla. And EPF seem similarly unrelated to TRDW (unless they are the same thing and it’s more obfuscation!!), as Han_Zen said it may have been dropped after DB’s talk although a quite similar mechanism may also be used for TRDW recruitment. We do know (I think) that TRDW is a multi-tentacled organisation. None of the various Elite-ranked members of this thread have reported any such recruitment overtures!
I think DB’s words about Royal Navy and ensigns were confusing; think he was saying the RN have the White Ensign but other organisations have “defaced” versions (e.g. British Antarctic Territory), but don’t see the relevance, must watch it again. We really don’t know anything about how to join TRDW, whether Elite is necessary or not. Would make sense lorewise, but I think it’s not combat necessarily, more likely Exploration since they’re a set of “adventurers, explorers, investigators and treasure-hunters”

Ok, listened to DBOBE’s talk at Malmo again. Still not quite sure what he was getting at with the defaced ensign bit, sounds like he went off on a bit of a tangent. If I recall correctly back in the Olden Days of Sail the Royal Navy had three fleets Red, White & Blue, each with their own admiral and appropriately coloured ensign. Nowadays a Blue Ensign defaced with a crown is authorised for use by several British yacht clubs, but a White ensign is reserved for RN ships and RN/Royal Marine shore establishments.

The interesting thing is that the EFP are supposedly a group within the PF (to which we all automatically belong as ED pilots) & they can invite people to join them after a test of some kind. Those candidates will be primarily Elite, but also Dangerous and Deadly ranks may be tested and invited (hence this is talking only about Combat play). He implied the EFP can then make that lower rank up to Elite to reduce the time it takes to get Combat Elite. Has anyone come across this gameplay? I suspect Han_Zen is correct and this mechanism was scrapped in favour of the Founder’s World permit to Shin Dez. The one thing that makes me pause here is the realisation that within Shin Dez Lori Jameson will befriend Dangerous, Deadly and Elite combateers, so perhaps there is a test for EFP via her? Either way I don‘t think it’s anything related to TRDW or Raxxla.

Top Bottom