Well, as someone pointed out only yesterday (or was it the day before?) Dark Wheel is a clique of PF! So all we have to do is find the correct clique, build rank, and pass the test....

I had not noticed there were different spellings of PF, which to me does strongly suggest they are different factions. Although FD are not known for accurate spelling this seems too important to be a mistake, especially if they are running different ranking bars. Can we run a confirmation check between this goid hunting rank and the rank for the Shin Dez faction?. Elite Premonition by DW was FD-sponsored and stated TDW is an organisation of “wheels within wheels” and the faction in Shin Dez was just “spinning on the outer rim”. Can we list all the spelling variations? If I understand the spellings so far, we have:

1) PilotsFederation who cashes goid hunting bonds (not done any of that myself, but could be a good test of skill & courage, though I don’t hear of any test mission invitation for it nor any relation to the toast but that might be a later phase once allied with the right faction.
2) Pilots Federation in Shin Dez (these cannot be a fake, since they have not been “quietly closed down” as per Felicity’s thinking, but they might well be part of the obfuscation....

Any others?
I think the missing space in PilotsFederation was likely just because it was using the variable name from the code, or just a typo in the name in the code. Could be wrong...

Also, as we're all members of the Pilots Federation, technically any clique of group we have is a clique or group within the Pilots Federation. Consequently, not sure how much we should read into the statement that TDW is a clique within the PF.

I think the missing space in PilotsFederation was likely just because it was using the variable name from the code, or just a typo in the name in the code. Could be wrong...

Also, as we're all members of the Pilots Federation, technically any clique of group we have is a clique or group within the Pilots Federation. Consequently, not sure how much we should read into the statement that TDW is a clique within the PF.
You may be correct and it’s a typo/spelling mistake, FD make many of those, but it could also be deliberately subtle obfuscation; I’d certainly never noticed it before! So we should test it. If PilotsFederation is the same faction as The Pilots Federation in Shinrarta then the current rank from Shinrarta should match any rank from Goid hunting, there should be no increase. If not then they are different, which could be meaningful.

From EDSM searching on “Pilot” in Minor Factions I see:

Pilots Federation Local Branch - Democracy
Pilots’ Federation Local Branch - Democracy
Pilots’ Federation Administration - Corporate
PilotsFederation - suspiciously no detail!
The Pilots Federation (in Shinrarta) - Democracy.

This just seems like “wheels within wheels” we know from Premonition applies to TDW! Seems like FD might have given is another clue there! The one with no detail sounds like it might be TDW hub and the one to pursue.

Last edited:
You may be correct and it’s a typo/spelling mistake, FD make many of those, but it could also be deliberately subtle obfuscation; I’d certainly never noticed it before! So we should test it. If PilotsFederation is the same faction as The Pilots Federation in Shinrarta then the current rank from Shinrarta should match any rank from Goid hunting, there should be no increase. If not then they are different, which could be meaningful.

From EDSM searching on “Pilot” in Minor Factions I see:

Pilots’ Federation Local Branch - Democracy
Pilots’ Federation Administration - Corporate
PilotsFederation - suspiciously no detail!
The Pilots Federation (in Shinrarta) - Democracy.

This just seems like “wheels within wheels” we know from Premonition applies to TDW! Seems like FD might have given is another clue there! The one with no detail sounds like it might be TDW hub and the one to pursue.
I think it's just two expressions of the same thing in two different context (both within the context of game mechanics). PilotsFederation is for things that apply at the equivalent of the Superpower level, and The Pilots Federation is for things that apply at local/Faction level. Can't say for sure of course, but that's always been my take on it.

Do we still see the PilotsFederation info by the way? (Can't remember if it was just a temporary thing or is still going on.)

Factions.jpg

Inara has a slightly different list of factions beginning 'Pilot'

Note two differnt spellings of Local branch with and without apostrophe. Maybe it was fixed in a a patch..

PFA - they run the starter zone. PFLB in Shidez (no apostrophe name has no systems..)

Last edited:
I think it's just two expressions of the same thing in two different context (both within the context of game mechanics). PilotsFederation is for things that apply at the equivalent of the Superpower level, and The Pilots Federation is for things that apply at local/Faction level. Can't say for sure of course, but that's always been my take on it.

Do we still see the PilotsFederation info by the way? (Can't remember if it was just a temporary thing or is still going on.)
Just amended my last post, found another one! Those were taken from EDSM list of minor factions (not player factions). Never knew about PilotsFederation spelling before. If it’s ranking is only related to goid kills that seems significant.

View attachment 154048

Inara has a slightly different list of factions beginning 'Pilot'

Note two differnt spellings of Local branch with and without apostrophe. Maybe it was fixed in a a patch..

PFA - they run the starter zone. PFLB in Shidez (no apostrophe name has no systems..)
Yeah, I'd imagine the apostrophe thing has changed within FD, and possibly even just been put in differently by different people depending on how they've interpreted the term. Tough one in a way - is it a Federation composed of Pilots or a Federation belonging to Pilots. There'e every chance that there isn't a definitive answer.

Some offtop. Many time ago I read one book. It was the alternate story about the ancient heroes and the gods. But more about the heroes. Some of them was the members of the special teaching. They named theirself as "The Shinings" (it's my own translation). And they has special words to detect fellow members. When one of them want to check possiblity of the interlocutor be the Shining too, he should say special phrase. And the interlocutor must answer him using some special words. Common thing for any secret societies. But that Shinings has three "steps" or ranks. Those who was only first step members, should have answered using only first word of three, etc.

I have thought about our quest. What if we should hear the answers? But we can't ask questions. We can't to say something even. Only our doings says for us. What if we should do something special? Not a fight, not a trade, not an explore. And then we should hear the answer. Also the game was "released" in 2014. Five years ago! And Raxxla hunters was there since that date. So all questions was said. And all answers was unheared. If its even been there. This thoughts make me sad. So many people play the game. And no one didn't took even first step. First confirmed step!

Last edited:
I think I get the gist of that Google translate message..

The problem with assuming you have to do a Konami code type action to find it is that it would make finding it impossible, because the game will not give you any hints as to how to find it, as per fdev.

What you're thinking about only makes sense if clues and such are there to find for those looking,. When we have been told by fdev that no such clues exist nor will be given

The problem with assuming you have to do a Konami code type action to find it is that it would make finding it impossible, because the game will not give you any hints as to how to find it, as per fdev.

What you're thinking about only makes sense if clues and such are there to find for those looking,. When we have been told by fdev that no such clues exist nor will be given
They might not have been telling the truth at the time. Certainly since then we’ve been given the Codex which is clearly a set of clues, trouble is we haven’t successfully decoded them.

That's not exactly correct although I am on the side of there being no triggers but only signpostings, a wink and a nudge so to speak.

From the interview by djtruthsayer -

"Raxxla is in the Milky Way. This was confirmed during DJTruthsayer's lore interview with Michael Brookes.[9] Question: "Where is Raxxla?" Brookes: "Well it's in the Milky Way, but I can't tell you where it is. It's a journey that everyone has to travel for themselves." Question: "You have said that there will be no clues though?" Brookes: "That's true, but I think you have to make some of it a tiny bit obvious just so people know what they're doing. There's nothing to be revealed at this stage."[9]"

Watch the interview, the nuance is more easily understood when you listen to it.

The "there will be no clues" was by djtruthsayer. And how do you reconcile that with MB's subsequent line "That's true, but I think you have to make some of it a tiny bit obvious just so people know what they're doing."

Looks like a fixed typo..
i dont think it's fixed as far as i know. people are getting the same message with the "typo" in it currently. that is if we assume it is a typo ofcourse. 😄

When they fix the typo in the loading screen Ill start believing there may be subtle messages in the text elsewhere ;)
well, the thing is, even if that is in fact a typo, the correct spelling would then be "Pilots Federation". the fact remains that it is a separate hidden reputation, that doesn't seem to belong or to be linked to any minor faction in any system. wich makes me suspect that it might be the real pilots federation and not just some minor branch of the faction. and the fact that it's linked to only goid killing or rescue missions is quite interresting, and should at least be investigated. i dont think anyone is allied with that faction yet. :unsure:

Last edited:
That's not exactly correct although I am on the side of there being no triggers but only signpostings, a wink and a nudge so to speak.

From the interview by djtruthsayer -

"Raxxla is in the Milky Way. This was confirmed during DJTruthsayer's lore interview with Michael Brookes.[9] Question: "Where is Raxxla?" Brookes: "Well it's in the Milky Way, but I can't tell you where it is. It's a journey that everyone has to travel for themselves." Question: "You have said that there will be no clues though?" Brookes: "That's true, but I think you have to make some of it a tiny bit obvious just so people know what they're doing. There's nothing to be revealed at this stage."[9]"

Watch the interview, the nuance is more easily understood when you listen to it.

The "there will be no clues" was by djtruthsayer. And how do you reconcile that with MB's subsequent line "That's true, but I think you have to make some of it a tiny bit obvious just so people know what they're doing."
I think that means it is hiding in plain sight. Probably in a location everyone has to travel to during the course of the game. Or likely will travel to.

Who's to say when there will be. That makes it sound inaccessible.
Well it'd be pretty rude of DB if he had confirmed to DW it exists but left out that its currently unreachable. Same goes for MB. I don't believe this is so and anyone searching for Raxxla simply cannot believe this as well because you might as well just quit. Thousands of hours wasted collectively, it would be a PR nightmare. Hence the Gan Romero decision.

i dont think it's fixed as far as i know. people are getting the same message with the "typo" in it currently. that is if we assume it is a typo ofcourse. 😄

well, the thing is, even if that is in fact a typo, the correct spelling would then be "Pilots Federation". the fact remains that it is a separate hidden reputation, that doesn't seem to belong or to be linked to any minor faction in any system. wich makes me suspect that it might be the real pilots federation and not just some minor branch of the faction. and the fact that it's linked to only goid killing or rescue missions is quite interresting, and should at least be investigated. i dont think anyone is allied with that faction yet. :unsure:
Speaking of getting PF rep up, I have to take a short break from fighting ‘goids. They seem to have got their revenge on me, been bitten by a spider or some kind of bug. Feeling pretty crook and my arm is quite stiff and sore. Been in and out of the hospital for blood tests and stuff. I probably will stick to light duties if I do play at all, at least until I am feeling better. Might mess around and build my Type 10 into a Multi-crew focused turret platform for fighting Thargoid Scouts.

Well it'd be pretty rude of DB if he had confirmed to DW it exists but left out that its currently unreachable. Same goes for MB. I don't believe this is so and anyone searching for Raxxla simply cannot believe this as well because you might as well just quit. Thousands of hours wasted collectively, it would be a PR nightmare. Hence the Gan Romero decision.
Wasting my time is what im best at 😁

Top Bottom