There is somewhere a math animation of traveling through Dyson hexagon sphere. With exact number of dashed lines inside.
Posted it some time ago somewhere on the forum. Math rules!

"Bless us, divine number, thou who generated gods and men! O holy, holy Tetractys, thou that containest the root and source of the eternally flowing creation! For the divine number begins with the profound, pure unity until it comes to the holy four; then it begets the mother of all, the all-comprising, all-bounding, the first-born, the never-swerving, the never-tiring holy ten, the keyholder of all"
tetractys.jpg

313px-Do_Not_Eat_Beans.jpg
getImage.xqy

It was told in Finland long ago that the lovers Zulamith the Bold and Salami the Fair were separated. To be together again, they toiled for a thousand years to build a bridge between them. Thus they made the Milky Way. When they had completed their star bridge, they straight rushed into each other's arms and melted into one. So they became the brightest star
In heaven's high arch that dwelt great Sirius, the mighty Sun beneath Orion's belt.

Long ago, would here mean a poem written in the 19th century by a Finnish poet Zacharias Topelius, original version in Swedish. http://www.nykarlebyvyer.nu/sidor/texter/poesi/zt/vinterga.htm
I suppose it is amusing if this has been added to some liturgy of the Isis worshippers.

While I'm not an expert in this field, I don't think there are Finnish, Sámi, Norse, Estonian or Karelian gods called Salami or Zulamith however. These names sound Biblical influenced. Perhaps someone with more knowledge of the astral lore knows otherwise. Since we have been talking about The Cowherd and the Weaver girl story here before, it is interesting to notice the Milky Way in Finnish and Estonian means "the path of the birds", quite different etymology compared to Mediterranean cultural sphere. The path of the birds would explain migratory patterns of birds, have thematical ties to "world tree" and "world egg" creation narratives, and also explain where souls of the deceased went (into the sky, stars, along the birds, to the birds home). In Topelius' poem, we have two lovers, long dead, building a bridge to meet each other again. So, Topelius was either familiar with the Cowherd and the Weaver girl, some similar story, or had been studying Estonian legend about Lindu's astral veil, yet another story where a bird themed figure falls in love, this time with the northern lights, and The Milky way is explained as a wedding veil wetted with tears. These mythological narratives are quite ancient, even if there is a lot of variation.

I personally think Braben wanted to distance himself from the Holdstock connection in this game.

Just circling back to Churo's call out for the background numbers on the mission providers image (032 04). Since I noted them appear in the backgrounds in the system I'm in currently (LHS 346 > Morukov Orbital). Whilst I suspect it's a proc-gen background I'm still curious, so I've been dredging and came up with system: Drojaea YA-V d3-9

How the .... did you come up with that I hear you ask?!

Distance to Sol: 3,203.93 ly!
or
0-3204

(Roger Murtaugh:
Pretty thin, huh?
Martin Riggs:
Anorexic.)

But a few additional things caught my eye.
B1 & B2 appear to be exceptionally close to each other, and reasonably close to a possible candidate for TDW (~30ls probably too far but worth a sighting), but if the TDW Codex contains representative but inaccurate information, perhaps there is something near the 8th planet, which happens to be B 8 (an ELW).

So if anyone is close and can drop by and check out if there is a hiding DW base there, that'd be awesome, otherwise I'll add it to my future to-do list.

On a side note, I went back through some of my captured images of TDW agents and allies, and also noted a fairly common theme with this rather terrible and out-of-place pattern on their clothes. Jupiter anyone, or just a t-shirt my kids could have created... your pick? :cool:

1579491725008.png

And their enemies appear to have tattoos... which might be important if we think that TDW in JM is a front.

1579492942437.png

This is a pretty limited sub-set of data at the moment, so I'll do some more diligence on auditing it along with my Operation Less Than Three investigation to capture the images per ally/enemy to see what comes up.

Fly Dangerously,
/ Ra.

Last edited:
there are missions where you need to fly to the voyager?
No, I was referring to the image on the pattern t-shirt looking a lot like Jupiter. No specific missions to SOL.

Interestingly I just checked TDW faction in SD at Jameson's and their clothing has all changed to more 'formal' attire. So either FDev did an art pass on the standard dress code or our funky friends have relocated.

I'll keep an eye out as I drift around the nearby systems.

No, I was referring to the image on the pattern t-shirt looking a lot like Jupiter. No specific missions to SOL.

Interestingly I just checked TDW faction in SD at Jameson's and their clothing has all changed to more 'formal' attire. So either FDev did an art pass on the standard dress code or our funky friends have relocated.

I'll keep an eye out as I drift around the nearby systems.
my question didn’t apply to you)
it’s just the theory, but what if all this wheel toast is in the same system? from the archive galnet we learned that the pearl is Earth / Mars, I don’t remember now .... a whisper from the witching depths - maybe a voyager? Beyond the grief of the fathers, Oberon and Neptune

translated using google

my question didn’t apply to you)
it’s just the theory, but what if all this wheel toast is in the same system? from the archive gallnet we learned that the pearl is Earth / Mars, I don’t remember now .... a whisper from the witching depths - maybe a voyager? Beyond the grief of the fathers, Oberon and Neptune

translated using google
It's certainly a possibility!

I'm suspicious that SOL does contain TDW station, but as it's an invite only for TDW (according to the Codex) I suspect direct searching probably wont reveal the stations location.

I think the whisperer from witchspace is more Raxxla related than TDW station/faction invite which I'm trying to work out which then may or may not lead to more Raxxla info.

It's certainly a possibility!

I'm suspicious that SOL does contain TDW station, but as it's an invite only for TDW (according to the Codex) I suspect direct searching probably wont reveal the stations location.

I think the whisperer from witchspace is more Raxxla related than TDW station/faction invite which I'm trying to work out which then may or may not lead to more Raxxla info.
anyway, we have a beginning point, it remains to understand how to start moving......

Just circling back to Churo's call out for the background numbers on the mission providers image (032 04). Since I noted them appear in the backgrounds in the system I'm in currently (LHS 346 > Morukov Orbital). Whilst I suspect it's a proc-gen background I'm still curious, so I've been dredging and came up with system: Drojaea YA-V d3-9

or
0-3204

(Roger Murtaugh:
Pretty thin, huh?
Martin Riggs:
Anorexic.)

B1 & B2 appear to be exceptionally close to each other, and reasonably close to a possible candidate for TDW (~30ls probably too far but worth a sighting), but if the TDW Codex contains representative but inaccurate information, perhaps there is something near the 8th planet, which happens to be B 8 (an ELW).

So if anyone is close and can drop by and check out if there is a hiding DW base there, that'd be awesome, otherwise I'll add it to my future to-do list.

On a side note, I went back through some of my captured images of TDW agents and allies, and also noted a fairly common theme with this rather terrible and out-of-place pattern on their clothes. Jupiter anyone, or just a t-shirt my kids could have created... your pick? :cool:

View attachment 159546

And their enemies appear to have tattoos... which might be important if we think that TDW in JM is a front.

View attachment 159549

This is a pretty limited sub-set of data at the moment, so I'll do some more diligence on auditing it along with my Operation Less Than Three investigation to capture the images per ally/enemy to see what comes up.

Fly Dangerously,
/ Ra.
Headed for Drojaea YA-V d3-9 now.
Nothing noteworthy found, except for an ELW discovered by Stulli.
Commencing nose-dive to the bottom, in 3..2..1. dive!, dive!, dive!

Last edited:

or
0-3204

(Roger Murtaugh:
Pretty thin, huh?
Martin Riggs:
Anorexic.)

View attachment 159546

View attachment 159549

Fly Dangerously,
/ Ra.
I still don't understand how you came up with that system lol. "032 04" means 3203.93? :D And the guy just posed in front of the numbers reflects their main station's distance from Sol? :D And they painted those numbers on the wall? And the system you said is the only system that is 3203 LYs away from Sol? :D

In the past they have included or for some reason not included - conflict zones, space stations, anything on the planet, Listening posts and similar or Installations so could be almost anything and not always consistent...or theres a lot of hidden stations in my game.

Since the update I noticed it may be more accurate as in counting only certain things all the time (seemingly excluded Conflict zones) but didn't see enough to confirm the theory or exactly what was counted, fairly sure it missed a station last night so may be a bit bugged but haven't seen enough to decide whats happening.

Edit: just realised you DSS it, in that case any 'finds' should show up as POI or Stations or Surface Bases under the body in the Nav Panel, should be indented slightly to show on or 'attached' to that body. Should be 4 of them.

Updated Info

The FSS seems to ignore Space Stations (perhaps ignores anything that 'appears' on the local System Map)
it counts Geo/Bio separate.
Human includes Installations (POI), surface sites (settlements and installations)
Presumably still counts Beacons and Listening Posts etc but havent been to any yet.
Does not count Conflict Zones (so far consistently ignores them)
Other - still includes Engineer Bases, haven't tested Crashed Ship since latest patch, for a time were showing up under Other as well.

System Map now shows without mapping - number of Geo/Bio/Tharg/human etc sites - think its separate to FSS resolving atm but may be linked later, it can show on Map and still be unresolved in FSS currently.

So all 'found' FSS signals are non-visible on system map at first glance without zooming onto a planetary base. All apparently at first glance visible map objects are ignored. Theory - its deliberate - 'At first glance' - a player should be able to see whats in a system at first glance, either visibly in system map or through signal detection in FSS. At the moment nothing has been hidden from the FSS. Must be permanent signals to be found, hence ignores Conflict Zones. This makes is easier for a player to 'play' the game and use the tools rather than getting bogged down with them. Stations are visible, Installations are invisible on System Map, vice versa in FSS.

Theory - Geo/Bio are produced by the Stellar Forge. Apparently all the bases, stations, Thargoids, Guardians, Beacons, Listening Posts etc are all hand placed or have a hidden hand in placement at least beyond random Stellar Forge (not sure how Barnacles are created though, will have to visit Tharg space to get more info). The FSS has now separated hand-placed and Stellar Forge created objects, for speed. In my game this works, it has speeded up my FSS massively.

Raxxla would be hand placed. Place your own weight on the above observations and what that would mean for whether it would show up in FSS or System Map. The DW Station I think is locked behind an update for the future, hence the 'pointless looking for it without invite' message or whatever in the Codex, but it may not be.

Corret/update me if Im wrong on any observation or yours differs, Im on XB and its been consistent so far but due an update this week so not sure what is meant to be happening, personally I like this new FSS system. (slightly worried it will start counting Conflict Zones again and that's a nightmare)

And to the Eckee post above, I know but its a laugh innit :)

I still don't understand how you came up with that system lol. "032 04" means 3203.93? :D And the guy just posed in front of the numbers reflects their main station's distance from Sol? :D And they painted those numbers on the wall? And the system you said is the only system that is 3203 LYs away from Sol? :D

As I said it was 'thin'. :cool:

I was looking to see if those numbers might be co-ordinates, labels, naming, and many other possible combinations of stuff just on the odd chance the those with eyes to see might have missed something that was a tiny bit obvious.

I started dredging on distances and noted there was a system that was 3203.93 from SOL (almost 3204, just missing by .07 which could be many potential factors when your talking those distance calculations), and that system happened to have two bodies close together near the secondary star that was similar in colour scale to the image of TDW Codex, and an 8th 'body'.

It was thin, but ticked a few boxes, and we've flown to lots of places with less pretense, so I flagged it as a 'if anyone's close drop by' or I'll check it out some time. Macros decided as is his want to check it out ... and as suspected it turned out to be nothing other than a nice ELW and WW.

I'm at the same time collecting other anecdotal information from enemies and allies of TDW to see if anything else is common, stands out, or might be worth investigating further as I do some missions. Its just a variant focus than searching directly for Raxxla, but the same desired end goal.

/ Ra.

Nothing to do with Raxxla but one of the funniest posts Ive seen off this thread. The 2nd paragraph particularly is so well written.

Nothing to do with Raxxla but one of the funniest posts Ive seen off this thread. The 2nd paragraph particularly is so well written.

Reminds me of a Tamagotchi I had once.

BTW I have corrected the Raxxla logo a while ago for our (Independent Raxxla Hunters) Discord server. I'm not claiming that it's perfect but I'm highly satisfied with it. It's much better than the popular one anyways. For those who are interested:
Raxxla-400.png

Large version is inside the spoiler.
Raxxla_Logo.png
And here's some examples of the methodology I followed:

Fixing the perspective of the original image:
fixed_perspective.png
Recreating the dashes from the assumed principle. Each slice has been divided into 6 dash spaces along the dash line. Then 5 or 6 dashes were placed respective to their original positions.:
dashes.png

And there's also TDW logo from the codex. I was more sloppy creating this but it's good enough for me.
TDW.png

Top Bottom