Patch Notes Update Update 2.4.04 - PS4 Only

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Played for one hour yesterday and did not see any texture-issues. PS4 Pro here.

The LOD pop-ins i've seen since day one. some ships are worse than others. it mainly affects the thrusters.

I’ve seen such things on Xbox. Typical texture streaming issue. There was a point in time when they were more frequent. Now it’s pretty rare but it still happens. Likely to be tied to the low amount of memory from those consoles (about 5GB total available for games) and of course game engine management (but those tend to happen way more around stations, guess why).

Aggressive LOD management is another thing entirely.

I’ve seen such things on Xbox. Typical texture streaming issue. There was a point in time when they were more frequent. Now it’s pretty rare but it still happens. Likely to be tied to the low amount of memory from those consoles (about 5GB total available for games) and of course game engine management (but those tend to happen way more around stations, guess why).

Aggressive LOD management is another thing entirely.

I've always noticed low textures on xbox one during the transitions during planetary landings although I haven't seen it look that bad inside stations :(
BUT from the look of the screenshots and vids Duck has posted he's at an asteroid base and I've always noticed performance issues and textures popping in even on ps pro!

Sadly, i have to report that, at least on the standard ps4, the low res texture issue is still very much there, even after yesterday's update.
Almost everytime i approach a station (both orbital and planetary), the texture on the cockpit, the exterior of the ship and the outside environment (meaning the station itself) become pretty much identical to what Duck showed in those images he posted above. And the textures remain that way until i leave the station.
Also, the issue presents itself quite often during whitchspace jumps.
Finally the low detail texture issue usually appears upon planetary approach (the planet's surface becomes extremely low detail as soon as i enter orbital flight).
I could provide screenshots, but they would look absolutely identical to the 3 screenshots duckie posted above, so....

Apart from that, i can also confirm that, since yesterday's update, mission boards do take a very long time to load (and often fail to do so entirely).

I can imagine how frustrating it must be to read all this for all the guys and girls at Frontier who have put in hours over the last weeks, trying to fix this issue. All i can say to you is: don't give up.... we have faith in you!!! :)[up]

Last edited:
Yikes I was wondering if it was area specific but deffo sounds more widespread now :(

I was on ps pro last night with no issues and xbox one last weekend with no similar issues so it's looking like it's mainly base ps4's :/

I too have noticed increased loading times for the mission offer screens. Not a great deal of time, it’s not like I’m able to pop to the candy store, get into a fight there, get arrested and bailed and still find it loading. Takes about 5-7 seconds. Whereas before this latest update it was virtually instantaneous. I’m guessing it’s a server issue.

Yup, I gotta confirm all of the above.
The mission board for me now regularly says that it could not retrieve all missions and that I get only a part of them.

I thought it was my internet being affected by the weather, busy times and just plain UK internet.. but it's not. Cannot retrieve all mission board data, cannot update mission etc etc

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
The mission board for me now regularly says that it could not retrieve all missions and that I get only a part of them.

I thought it was my internet being affected by the weather, busy times and just plain UK internet.. but it's not. Cannot retrieve all mission board data, cannot update mission etc etc

I too have noticed increased loading times for the mission offer screens. Not a great deal of time, it’s not like I’m able to pop to the candy store, get into a fight there, get arrested and bailed and still find it loading. Takes about 5-7 seconds. Whereas before this latest update it was virtually instantaneous. I’m guessing it’s a server issue.

oh dear, this is really not looking good (is this a general issue from todays server downtime or PS4 specific?). Come on FDev. Testing.... :)

Last edited:
Have to say. Since the update, almost ALL the passenger mission boards fail to be completely retrieved. Also, all mission boards take longer to load.

Haven't had a chance to play today alas, but last night after the patch, about 50% of the times I tried to access the message board I got the 'fail to be completely retrieved' message. And the rest of the time the board took far longer than usual to load.

Oh btw, i forgot to say in my previous post that, although the low res textures are still there, they do seem to appear a tad less often than before the update.
Up until yesterday this graphical degradation used to occurr every single time i approached a station, whereas since the update it only seem to happen "most of the time".

I'ts not much, but it still must mean that, whatever you're doing to fix this, you're probably headed in the right direction [up]

I noticed the spinning loading icon for abit longer at times last night but not too bad tbh with no errors!

Seems normal to me this afternoon as well :)

I'ts not much, but it still must mean that, whatever you're doing to fix this, you're probably headed in the right direction [up]

I'm not so sure... I'm fairly certain that my framerate is decreasing with each update, so once again I believe they are just "moving sliders" to adjust various quality settings, instead of looking at the code itself and fixing the core issue. Why else would we still get "minecraft" textures (albeit less often) if they actually rewrote code to eliminate the problem? I also expect a code rewrite to take up more than a few hundred megabytes to download..

Here's a video that primarily shows crappy shadows, but you can also notice how my framerate drops (that's not video encoding, that's what I see playing the game):

https://twitter.com/OneOldDuck/status/921005817326948352

I don't remember framerate being this bad before 2.4.04.

Last edited:
oh dear, this is really not looking good (is this a general issue from todays server downtime or PS4 specific?). Come on FDev. Testing.... :)

Not good is it Commanders?

Have to say. Since the update, almost ALL the passenger mission boards fail to be completely retrieved. Also, all mission boards take longer to load.

I noticed the spinning loading icon for abit longer at times last night but not too bad tbh with no errors!

Seems normal to me this afternoon as well :)

Adding in my armchair quaterback 2 cents confirming all of above @ or as of this post 10:16 am EST NYC .... Also adding in when handing in missions this is ALSO happening the
delay has been so long I was disconnected and the message was "Could not communicate with adjudicating server". Not a game breaker but I am getting a little annoyed at it now..

As for "texturegate", it's alive and well. This is not an asteroid base or HS jump - it's just a typical planetary approach:

DMgjEfkW0AAq9Vv.jpg:large

Ironically I was on my way to prove an entirely different bug in the game (flashing shadows), though all these things may be related..

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom