Walkthrough: Guardian Module Blueprints

Thanks for this great guide.

Just grabbed one for the fsd booster. God awful SRV driving is an exercise in frustration getting around these ruins.

Painful.

Thanks for this great guide.

Just grabbed one for the fsd booster. God awful SRV driving is an exercise in frustration getting around these ruins.

Painful.
Do you have enough materials (Guardian Materials) for the FSD? I did not have enough after winning the first blueprint and ended up doing them all. Then I also had the Guardian Materials for all the parts.
And driving around in the SRV becomes really easy if you do it a while. So drive around for fun, and before you start the next run by driving on the 'X". This will wake up several Guardian Sentries, and they will not be there when you start the timed sequence. And driving to every pylon before starting the timed sequence helps enormously...

Think I might try this today. Does the AspX have suitable slots for the Point Defense? I never know where they are located on a given ship until I look in game.

Think I might try this today. Does the AspX have suitable slots for the Point Defense? I never know where they are located on a given ship until I look in game.

So to follow up on this. I did do this today and the AspX worked fine. It has 3 top-ish mounts, one top front and two on the back that are slightly slanted down but still on top. I put PD in all three slots and landed with the aft facing the complex and had no problem at all.

Honestly the hardest part of this place is driving the SRV around. I also found at the end I was short on Guardian Technology Components. I wasn't sure where they came from. I had some but not enough. I tried shooting some of the panels and they all seemed to drop the power cells so I thought they were coming from the drones. I did a second cycle and noticed I was still not getting any. Anyway long story short (too late) I found that SOME of the panels drop the tech components so just need to do enough cycles around the destructables. Now I just need to find focus crystals, which is not guardian related, and I should be good.

Honestly the hardest part of this place is driving the SRV around.
That realization comes very quickly in the module-blueprint-producing sites, as they are all rather cramped and often located in very irregular terrain. Makes fighting the Sentinels rather interesting, eh? After a few runs through a number of sites I found I had "got gud" at using the vertical thruster to hop over the ruins and debris and now use it a lot even when just running flat out on planetoids gathering materials.

Honestly the hardest part of this place is driving the SRV around.

S'funny, I spent a fair amount of time in the SRV while playing ED but, with hindsight, I don't think I could have called myself a competent driver until after I spent time unlocking the Guardian stuff.

I unlocked most of it before the grind was reduced and, as a result, I spent a LOT of time driving the SRV around the Guardian sites.
Having done that, driving the SRV has become second-nature.
I can quite happily drive it around while in the turret, driving in one direction while shooting in a diffeent direction, hopping over obstacles and using the thrusters to manoeuvre it while in mid-air.

If you don't come away from unlocking Guardian tech feeling like you've learned something about driving the SRV, you probably haven't spent long enough doing it.

Great guide! Used this last night. Easy once you know what to expect and how you should prepare.

Many rep blessing to you!! lol

S'funny, I spent a fair amount of time in the SRV while playing ED but, with hindsight, I don't think I could have called myself a competent driver until after I spent time unlocking the Guardian stuff.

I unlocked most of it before the grind was reduced and, as a result, I spent a LOT of time driving the SRV around the Guardian sites.
Having done that, driving the SRV has become second-nature.
I can quite happily drive it around while in the turret, driving in one direction while shooting in a diffeent direction, hopping over obstacles and using the thrusters to manoeuvre it while in mid-air.

If you don't come away from unlocking Guardian tech feeling like you've learned something about driving the SRV, you probably haven't spent long enough doing it.

Haha yeah well this was also my first time spending any significant time in the buggy. I had never fought with it or even driven it around any structures before. My previous experience had been just hot rodding around empty planets :)

But I guess my point was, this was so simple that driving the SRV was the hardest part. And even with no SRV combat experience at all I managed to do it easily.

Just finished farming my crystals a few minutes ago and turned everything in. I am now the proud owner of a class 5 booster for my Orca :) Will need to wait for the morning to try it out though.

I got here (still here) and had similar issues (bad driving mostly) with losing an SRV, Luckily I had 2. Unluckily didn't have the materials to refuel or rearm the SRV either. So I took off again, got 2km up lost mass lock. Launched the fighter... Flew down, zapped the guardian skimmers, charged the 6 pylons with my plasma repeater (unlimited ammo is useful). While theres a timer to get the pylons all active, once they are all humming theres no time limit on dropping the relic.
Docked, Landed, launched the SRV grabbed a relic. Picked up the skimmer bits, and other stuff I could, and made my way leisurely to the ball of blueprint fragments. Hardest part was finding a spot to land my corvette. I have to say zipping around the site in a nimble fighter is much more enjoyable than getting the SRV wedged against every object with a vertical surface.
Hope the FSD booster is worth it, I found the 40 odd jumps from where I was a bit tedious.

Flew down, zapped the guardian skimmers, charged the 6 pylons with my plasma repeater (unlimited ammo is useful). While theres a timer to get the pylons all active, once they are all humming theres no time limit on dropping the relic.
That sounds like a lot of fun! I did not have a fighter on board when I did these collecting missions, but should I head out again for some, I will surely carry one. The SRV I also find useful because gathering Guardian mats is necessary, but for taking out the Sentinels it is indeed rather clumsy.

I've put an FSD booster in all but one of my ships, and it has made quite a difference in how I approach the game, as longer routes are not the PIA they once were.

I got here (still here) and had similar issues (bad driving mostly) with losing an SRV, Luckily I had 2. Unluckily didn't have the materials to refuel or rearm the SRV either. So I took off again, got 2km up lost mass lock. Launched the fighter... Flew down, zapped the guardian skimmers, charged the 6 pylons with my plasma repeater (unlimited ammo is useful). While theres a timer to get the pylons all active, once they are all humming theres no time limit on dropping the relic.
Docked, Landed, launched the SRV grabbed a relic. Picked up the skimmer bits, and other stuff I could, and made my way leisurely to the ball of blueprint fragments. Hardest part was finding a spot to land my corvette. I have to say zipping around the site in a nimble fighter is much more enjoyable than getting the SRV wedged against every object with a vertical surface.
Hope the FSD booster is worth it, I found the 40 odd jumps from where I was a bit tedious.
Right on Commander ! You found another way to complete the mini-game. (y) If I ever have to do this again, I will try it this way, instead.

Huh.. I just tried doing this again ( I went back to the bubble and got my FSD booster). I wanted a trident. So upon arrival launched my figther, shot the destructibles (no skimmers launched), went back above mass lock and docked, landed the corvette. Although all the destructibles were lying around, the goods were nowhere to be seen.

Huh.. I just tried doing this again ( I went back to the bubble and got my FSD booster). I wanted a trident. So upon arrival launched my figther, shot the destructibles (no skimmers launched), went back above mass lock and docked, landed the corvette. Although all the destructibles were lying around, the goods were nowhere to be seen.
think they will disintegrate after a while.

Great walkthrough, worked for me like a charm and I called it a day at 5 blueprint fragments, although I could have got more. Once you know your way around the site, the timer becomes almost irrelevant. I have a Krait MkII and this time I took a double SRV hangar (in case my SRV was destroyed; I don't want to have to trog 820Ly back to buy a new one!) but I wouldn't do that next time because the sentinels are easy provided there are PDs on the top of your ship. This is a key point which should not be overlooked, and makes it a lot easier: no missile threat; I think I got hit by a missile only once in all my five tries (all successful) at the mission.

I don't think you have to activate the towers in a particular order, it seemed to work for me no matter what order I did them in. But it is much easier to start with the top tower because of the downhill action after that.

Tip: You don't have to drive up those steps to get to the 'X'. Once you are ready to go up there to raise the 'first' tower, you go back to your ship (parked where the OP said) and then proceed anticlockwise around the site until you are level with the big hill at the top. There are dirt ramps up the outside of the hill that you can drive up, and it brings you out right next to the 'X'. It's then much easier to go downhill from there, to fire up the remaining towers and pick up sentinel wreckage. Much better than scaling the North Face of the Eiger with all those steps up the hill.

[Edit: Bah. I should have stayed for hte sixth blueprint, so I can get all six unlocks, liek the OP said. I'll read more carefully next time ;) ]

Last edited:
Top Bottom