Walkthrough: Guardian Module Blueprints

So can somebody help out a confused CMDR here? I went through the whole thing and when I scanned the Ancient Data Terminal at the end it just said "50,000 Cr. Codex discovery voucher gained". Said nothing about a blueprint fragment and there's no blueprint fragment anywhere that I can see.

So can somebody help out a confused CMDR here? I went through the whole thing and when I scanned the Ancient Data Terminal at the end it just said "50,000 Cr. Codex discovery voucher gained". Said nothing about a blueprint fragment and there's no blueprint fragment anywhere that I can see.

Please clarify: Are you trying to get a blueprint for FSD/shields or a weapons module?

I hope you can amend this without going to the entire sequence again.
What you did was obviously scanning with your composition scanner, that way you found a new Guardian Site (Codex!) and hence the Codex discovery.

What you should do is scan the glowing orb that comes out with your data scanner!
It works like this: First you jettison a Guardian Relic (this is no material it is cargo but you SRV can hold 2 units of cargo). Just drive on the X and jettison the Relic. Now watch the orb coming out, this takes around 30 seconds or so. Go to your turret otherwise you cannot scan. From your turret use the data scanner. You should also see 'PUBLIC data point' in your UI. This brings you to Module Blueprint. Be careful to wait until the orb is completely out and is target-able or would not receive data.

Look at this video, here you can see how to scan the Orb.

I hope you have another key. Otherwise you will have to fetch another one (or two just in case) to fire up the orb and scan as described above after going through the mini-game at the Guardian site.

The FSD and Shields blueprint orb requires keys from the Guardian installations in space. It's best to relog to repeat the process to get spare keys in case you need them.

Weapons blueprints require relics which are shot out of pylons at the appropriate ground-based weapons orb installation. Keys are found at the space installations.

Last edited:
I hope you have another key. Otherwise you will have to fetch another one (or two just in case) to fire up the orb and scan as described above after going through the mini-game at the Guardian site.

The FSD and Shields blueprint orb requires keys from the Guardian installations in space. It's best to relog to repeat the process to get spare keys in case you need them.

Weapons blueprints require relics which are shot out of pylons at the appropriate ground-based weapons orb installation. Keys are found at the space installations.

Welp, this guide had nothing about getting a key. I guess it's a positive that at least I know about this part know. Time to learn more about how to find a key that you're talking about.

Uhm - key????
I hope we talk about the Guardian Module Site, since this thread and the OPs instructions are for this. There are no keys...

If you drive around on the site, you will see towers, they come out of the ground if you are near. On top of this towers are 'Guardian Relic' items, you can shoot them down. These are the items you need to drop (jettison). There are other towers with destructible panels, these will give you materials. But they have nothing to do with the mini game.

You could call the Relics 'keys' if you want, but they are named Guardian Relic. You need only one, but there are a lot, so they are easy to find. Just look at towers, they need to have a 'Guardian Relic' on top, which you can target and shoot. That is your 'key'.

Look into the video: At around 4:40 he uses the relic, drops it and scans the orb.

I hope you can amend this without going to the entire sequence again.
What you did was obviously scanning with your composition scanner, that way you found a new Guardian Site (Codex!) and hence the Codex discovery.

What you should do is scan the glowing orb that comes out with your data scanner!
It works like this: First you jettison a Guardian Relic (this is no material it is cargo but you SRV can hold 2 units of cargo). Just drive on the X and jettison the Relic. Now watch the orb coming out, this takes around 30 seconds or so. Go to your turret otherwise you cannot scan. From your turret use the data scanner. You should also see 'PUBLIC data point' in your UI. This brings you to Module Blueprint. Be careful to wait until the orb is completely out and is target-able or would not receive data.

Look at this video, here you can see how to scan the Orb.

This is what I did? On the left-center of the screen it says "ANCIENT DATA TERMINAL" with a red box under it that says PUBLIC in it. That's what you are talking about right?

So it looks like what happened was I had both scanners on the same fire group so I guess it wasn't doing the data scan. That's what I take from it at least. I made 100% sure it was just the data scanner I used the 2nd time and everything worked like it was supposed to. So thanks to all who responded. It gave me a direction to look and get the issue resolved.

This thread seems to be the place to solve my very annoying problem -- I have done all the steps up to the point where the Guardian Relic gets jettisoned to open the Ancient Data Terminal. But the glowing orifice refuses to accept the Relic! No matter where I park the SVR -- directly over the hole, or a little ahead to let the crystal drop directly into the hole, or all kinds of minor variations, it never gets accepted. I watched a couple of videos that show the SRV positioning does not seem to be critical, The ADT looks exactly the same, and there is only one Guardian Relic, so I know I'm setting things up correctly. Any ideas why I can't finish this self-appointed mission (looking for the FSD booster)? I can't even log out because then I'll have to do the entire process again, and this is a large site with a double handful of Sentinels, not difficult but time-consuming.

This thread seems to be the place to solve my very annoying problem -- I have done all the steps up to the point where the Guardian Relic gets jettisoned to open the Ancient Data Terminal. But the glowing orifice refuses to accept the Relic! No matter where I park the SVR -- directly over the hole, or a little ahead to let the crystal drop directly into the hole, or all kinds of minor variations, it never gets accepted. I watched a couple of videos that show the SRV positioning does not seem to be critical, The ADT looks exactly the same, and there is only one Guardian Relic, so I know I'm setting things up correctly. Any ideas why I can't finish this self-appointed mission (looking for the FSD booster)? I can't even log out because then I'll have to do the entire process again, and this is a large site with a double handful of Sentinels, not difficult but time-consuming.
Some sites need Ancient Keys to activate - are you at one of them?

Some sites need Ancient Keys to activate - are you at one of them?
I'm at the terminus of the new Zende Tourist Run -- though I flew straight myself, only 20 jumps -- SYNUEFE EN-H D11 96 7 A. From all I have read and viewed on video, a Relic is needed to activate the kind of ADT there, yielding a Blueprint Fragment for Guardian Module tech. A number of posts in this thread mention that a Relic is needed for that, but none say some ADTs accept only Relics and some only Keys. So I think that is a moot point. It would also be highly illogical and maddening to have the ADTs look exactly the same but require different items to activate, you'd never know until after going through all the rigmarole whether you have the right item. My impression is that either can be used but they produce different data.

I'm at the terminus of the new Zende Tourist Run -- though I flew straight myself, only 20 jumps -- SYNUEFE EN-H D11 96 7 A. From all I have read and viewed on video, a Relic is needed to activate the kind of ADT there, yielding a Blueprint Fragment for Guardian Module tech. A number of posts in this thread mention that a Relic is needed for that, but none say some ADTs accept only Relics and some only Keys. So I think that is a moot point. It would also be highly illogical and maddening to have the ADTs look exactly the same but require different items to activate, you'd never know until after going through all the rigmarole whether you have the right item. My impression is that either can be used but they produce different data.
Nope - That's a Vessel site, needs an Ancient Key. If you read this guide it talks about a specific site, not that one.

Edit: The structure requires an Ancient Key to activate - a good source is the beacon in Synuefe QA-E b45-4 near planet 3.

Nope - That's a Vessel site, needs an Ancient Key. If you read this guide it talks about a specific site, not that one.
Edit: The structure requires an Ancient Key to activate - a good source is the beacon in Synuefe QA-E b45-4 near planet 3.
Of course I read the guide, but I also found numerous videos and other sources showing using a Relic at exactly the same kind of ADT as at the site I am at. After digging some more, it seems the size of the site may be the determining factor (small = modules, large = vessels), but since this is the first I have visited, there's nothing for me to use for comparison. But it's straightened out now. I lost my instance to a server DC anyway, so I'll just head out to the site mentioned in the OPs first post. This one was a good introduction to Guardian Structures, if a little frustrating, and I gathered a lot of Guardian mats and cargo, so it's definitely not wasted time.

Thanks for the intel, keep 'em flyin'.

I visited one of the nearby Guardian Beacons and snagged a few Ancient Keys -- pretty impressive first time seeing one of those -- returned and obtained a Guardian Vessel Blueprint Segment. I'm not all that interested in a Guardian ship, but I was there, so why not? It was fun and much faster than the first time through. I also arrived at a very opportune time, since after collecting many more Guardian artifacts the long night began to wane into a rather spooky alien dawn:
z5OZMUJ.png

Guardian Sunsrise Synuefe EN-H D11-96 7 A

Thanks for all the help, Commanders.

I visited one of the nearby Guardian Beacons and snagged a few Ancient Keys -- pretty impressive first time seeing one of those -- returned and obtained a Guardian Vessel Blueprint Segment. I'm not all that interested in a Guardian ship, but I was there, so why not? It was fun and much faster than the first time through. I also arrived at a very opportune time, since after collecting many more Guardian artifacts the long night began to wane into a rather spooky alien dawn:
z5OZMUJ.png

Guardian Sunsrise Synuefe EN-H D11-96 7 A

Thanks for all the help, Commanders.
that looks really good did you get the FSD booster 😀 o7

It's my next journey, 121LY from this site, and then back to the bubble and a Tech Broker. Maybe happen mañana.

LATER ON SAME DAY: Got my Module Blueprint Segment. The small sites are way more cramped than the large, lots of opportunities to roll the buggy, but it's tough, no big deal. The Sentinels sure to like to lurk among the ruins once they pop out, spent more time coaxing them into the open than shooting them. Sojourner gave me a superb missile umbrella even parked about 600m out, its top-mounted PD modules providing a great fireworks show while I blasted the Sentinels. I can see how doing this more than about twice might get old, but since I'm new at obtaining Guardian artifacts, I found it a lot of fun.

Last edited:
Top Bottom