Walkthrough: Guardian Module Blueprints

Good luck! I managed after much cursing (my fault) to get all module blueprints.

Here are my hints:
It is dark there, maybe there will be more light today (it is a 20 day period), but Night Vision helps a lot. I hope you have a ship with point defense, like the OP described. The PD should be on top of your ship, under your ship they won't help. I had 2 (DBX), and they worked well. Do not forget to set 4 pips to weapons before leaving your ship, and park it exactly like the OP describes. This works like a charm.

Next I recommend to drive around with your SRV, to get your bearings! This is very important, not doing it cost me my first two tries because of timeout. Visit every energy pillar (they are sunken, if the scenario has not started yet) except the first one. Do not drive on the X, stay far from it. Also you can farm the pillars with destructible panels. Expect up to 4 (normally 3) sentries to appear and attack. There is no time limit, and it is always just one, so you can train how to kill them! Also this has the advantage, that they later, during the timed run loading the energy pillars will no longer appear! You can also farm the Guardian Obelisks, they have a glowing side you can data scan, this will give you needed data materials. There are 6 pillars with destructible panels, which will give you 3 materials each.

After having found all 5 pillars except the first be sure you have your bearings and know where they are. Be sure how to drive to the pillars. Then go to the X, as OP describes and start the scenario. The sentries will spawn quite far away, as soon as you can target one of them, you must set 4 pips to weapons in your SRV, or it will take too long. If your point defenses work well, nothing bad will happen, worst case your SRV shield gives out. But the sentries are not very aggressive, if you drive into cover they mostly will not pursue and you can give 4 pips to system and wait for your shields. During the timed exercise there will be no time for this. But it is not hard, once you get the hang of it.

If your point defense does not work, or not work well, then you should always put on your handbrake on the SRV, otherwise the missiles will displace and maybe capsize you.

After charging the last pillar 4 sentries will appear. But they are distributed, so that they are fairly easy to dispatch. Also the timer ends and you have enough time to do this. Again, take your time, try to pick up materials the sentries drop. After this drive up to the X, don't forget to take a Guardian Relic, and do as in the OP described. Two more sentries spawn after scanning, but they are not hard. And now you have one blueprint more.

Also - should you have a timeout, the scenario will end. But you still can drive around and farm materials. In this case it says, the scenarios is 'reset'. Don't believe it! It's not true. The scenario is not reset, driving to the X will do nothing. You have to log out (as the OP describes).

Also - after the patch there seems to be a problem with skimmers, where the game crashes if you fight them. The problem could be at this site too, but for me it only lead to a client hang during logout. You must end the client with the task manager. But this only happens if you killed a sentry during the session. Without this it works normally.

Hope this helps - o7
4 pips to weapons is not absolutely necessary, if you want to put a couple of pips to shields. When your energy diminishes in WEP, the guns just fire more slowly but can still kill the Sentinel. If you reload the SRV with upgraded ammunition instead, the killing is over very quickly.

Handbrake is important for both kinds of attack from the Sentinels. The direct fire from the Sentinels (as opposed to indirect rockets) push you backward and over if you don't have the handbrake applied. You can see the fire tipping my SRV in this image (well, sort of).

This guide is very very good and detailed it helped me a lot many thanks to the OP ๐Ÿ˜€

PS the Obolisks are only giving random Data so Epsilon Data is more difficult to locate I recommend scanning all Obolisks
to better your odds of having enough Epsilon Data for the Gaurdian Fighter unlocks ๐Ÿ˜€

This guide is very very good and detailed it helped me a lot many thanks to the OP ๐Ÿ˜€

PS the Obolisks are only giving random Data so Epsilon Data is more difficult to locate I recommend scanning all Obolisks
to better your odds of having enough Epsilon Data for the Gaurdian Fighter unlocks ๐Ÿ˜€
Scanned it for the FSD Boosters today - handed in the blueprint and all the materials to the technology broker and everything was fine. I guess I'm lucky - I could've wasted a couple of hours on nothing. ;)

Scanned it for the FSD Boosters today - handed in the blueprint and all the materials to the technology broker and everything was fine. I guess I'm lucky - I could've wasted a couple of hours on nothing. ;)
Yes this works perfectly it's a very good guide. The Gaurdian Fighters require Gaurdian Epsilon Data
from scanning Obolisks at the sites. That being said after the April update Obolisks are generating random scan data. I followed the link on this thread given by the original OP. It leads you to a Reddit post that explains how to farm Epsilon Data at specific planetary coordinates and that is what doesn't work. Everything else is perfect on this thread. I'm thanking the writer of this thread and letting people know that the link on this thread to Reddit for easy Epsilon Data scanning will not be very productive
and will be a wast of time because of the April Update.

Yes this works perfectly it's a very good guide. The Gaurdian Fighters require Gaurdian Epsilon Data
from scanning Obolisks at the sites. That being said after the April update Obolisks are generating random scan data. I followed the link on this thread given by the original OP. It leads you to a Reddit post that explains how to farm Epsilon Data at specific planetary coordinates and that is what doesn't work. Everything else is perfect on this thread. I'm thanking the writer of this thread and letting people know that the link on this thread to Reddit for easy Epsilon Data scanning will not be very productive
and will be a wast of time because of the April Update.
So scanning the blue spheres for Guardian Module Blueprints still work fine?

Thank you for making this guide! I was looking for something to do, after doing up my Anaconda. This will be my next task!
I was going to use the Python, for the trip. Would that be as effective as the DBX? Or do you think I should buy the DBX first instead? I like the look of that ship but don't want to spend the credits if I don't have to. Thanks again!

Thank you for making this guide! I was looking for something to do, after doing up my Anaconda. This will be my next task!
I was going to use the Python, for the trip. Would that be as effective as the DBX? Or do you think I should buy the DBX first instead? I like the look of that ship but don't want to spend the credits if I don't have to. Thanks again!

To buy a DBX for this specific task would be overkill. The problem with the Anaconda or the Python is, that you probably cannot land her like OP shows in his picture. There is not enough space, I think. The second point is that the point defense must be on top of the ship to be able to target the missiles. The DBX also has the advantage, that it has 33 ly jump range with an A-rated FSD without engineering. It is my explorer ship, so I love it, but that does not mean you need to buy it for this task.

So - maybe you have a ship with a decent jump range, top mounted point defense and only a small landing pad needed. This should work too, if it has a SRV hangar fitted. You do not need cargo space for this, there are some items (Urn, Tablet,...) too, but they are not essential for the modules. All the rest is data or manufactured material.
If you have a Python (I will buy one too, but later), maybe you have a better idea if you can fit it into the landing spot. Parking the ship further away will not work with the point defenses. I can fit the DBX easily, it has 45m x 27m. The Python has 88m x 58m, so is double the width (58 to 27) and nearly double the length. It may work despite that, just try it. And mount the point defense on utility 1 and 2, this will be ideal.

And as a comment: Every time I had killed a Guardian Sentry I could not log out normally, the game hung. I had to kill it with task manager. But it seemed to work despite that, if you log in after killing the task, you come out where you were and if you log out again, it worked normally for me at least. Just as a warning, this is something with the recent patch. If you land on the other sites ('Ancient Ruins') where no Sentrys are active, it also works.
But the OPs description is still valid and works fine.

Good luck CMDR, o7 :)

I'd recommend taking the AspX - It's cheap, not big and has space for a few SRV's and cargo racks. Compared to a Python, the AspX has a better jump range aswell. Just D-rate everything and you'll have a jump range of over 33 light years. My build cost me 11,000,000 credits, and I sold it immediately afterwards. If you've got an Anaconda, this expense should be cents to you. Good luck ;)

To buy a DBX for this specific task would be overkill. The problem with the Anaconda or the Python is, that you probably cannot land her like OP shows in his picture. There is not enough space, I think. The second point is that the point defense must be on top of the ship to be able to target the missiles. The DBX also has the advantage, that it has 33 ly jump range with an A-rated FSD without engineering. It is my explorer ship, so I love it, but that does not mean you need to buy it for this task.

So - maybe you have a ship with a decent jump range, top mounted point defense and only a small landing pad needed. This should work too, if it has a SRV hangar fitted. You do not need cargo space for this, there are some items (Urn, Tablet,...) too, but they are not essential for the modules. All the rest is data or manufactured material.
If you have a Python (I will buy one too, but later), maybe you have a better idea if you can fit it into the landing spot. Parking the ship further away will not work with the point defenses. I can fit the DBX easily, it has 45m x 27m. The Python has 88m x 58m, so is double the width (58 to 27) and nearly double the length. It may work despite that, just try it. And mount the point defense on utility 1 and 2, this will be ideal.

And as a comment: Every time I had killed a Guardian Sentry I could not log out normally, the game hung. I had to kill it with task manager. But it seemed to work despite that, if you log in after killing the task, you come out where you were and if you log out again, it worked normally for me at least. Just as a warning, this is something with the recent patch. If you land on the other sites ('Ancient Ruins') where no Sentrys are active, it also works.
But the OPs description is still valid and works fine.

Good luck CMDR, o7 :)
I thought it was only me. The game just hangs with an image that looks like a planet surface. I wonder why that's happening.. ๐Ÿค”

I'd recommend taking the AspX - It's cheap, not big and has space for a few SRV's and cargo racks. Compared to a Python, the AspX has a better jump range aswell. Just D-rate everything and you'll have a jump range of over 33 light years. My build cost me 11,000,000 credits, and I sold it immediately afterwards. If you've got an Anaconda, this expense should be cents to you. Good luck ;)
I do actually have the AspX! A and D rated, as you've suggested! I can't believe I forgot about it! I'll use that then! Thanks for that! ๐Ÿ‘

o7 ๐Ÿ˜‚
also I saw some comments of game hanging . possible fix this is what I do for now.
1. back off FX Quality to medium or switch it off mine is on medium.
2. When at Gaurdian sites and reloggin after selecting to go to main menu when it says Yes and No
just pause for 5 to 10 seconds
that's it see you out there ๐Ÿ˜

Has anyone else noticed that the sentinel plasma blasts are a lot less likely to knock you over?

When I did my unlocks a month ago, I couldn't get through a run without being rolled by sentinel fire. Now the shots don't even seem to be bouncing me around.

I got the first blueprint, which I assume is the fsd. I'm going to work towards getting the others while I'm here and then maybe move on to unlocking the weapons. Thanks again for such a great guide!

I got the first blueprint, which I assume is the fsd. I'm going to work towards getting the others while I'm here and then maybe move on to unlocking the weapons. Thanks again for such a great guide!
Yes - I was also confused by this: There is no blueprint for FSD, or one of the other modules. What you receive is a 'Guardian Module Blueprint Fragment'. You can receive an unlimited amount of these blueprints, they are all the same thing!

So - if you run through again, you will receive your second blueprint, and so on. Nothing stops you from acquiring 100 blueprints. Albeit it makes no sense, because there are only six uses for these blueprints. If you look into INARA, (under Techbroker) you will see, that every Guardian Module requires exactly one blueprint. The weapons and the fighters have other blueprints, these you will find on other sites. So just try to run 6 times through this (or 5 times in your case), and then you should have enough materials and 6 blueprints, and you will be able to unlock all 6 Guardian modules. If you think you will not need one or two of the modules, you are not forced to unlock them. You can also do only one or two modules, but count your materials. I had enough materials after doing it six times. But I have unlocked only four of them, since I lack materials for the rest.

Also the OP gave a link to a Reddit post they covered how to get Epsilon Data at two obalisc. The obolisc are GIVING RANDOM DATA ok in case anyone is going out there it doesn't work as intended ๐Ÿ˜€
I think you've misunderstood that post. The obelisks always gave random data, it has nothing to do with the April update. The post says that after 15 mins of scan/flip/scan/flip he had enough Epsilon data to finish an unlock. Epsilon being the rarest of the 4 types to recieve from a scan (random). All the OP meant was that you will get the Epsilon you need much faster if you menu flip a couple obelisk that sit close together, than drive around the entire site trying to find and then scan them. There are spots where you can find 3 or 4 right next to each other and not have to move to scan them, making it much faster via menu flips to stock up this way.

Top Bottom