Walkthrough: Guardian Module Blueprints

Thanks for this great write-up but I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I"ve done this three times now, once on Synuefe and once on HD 63154. I had scanned the orb at HD and actually flown back to collect the rest of the items (focus crystals etc.) only to find out at the Tech broker that I didn't have the blueprint segment data! [mad] When I scan it says "Guardian Data terminal, no new traits found."And I have no Guardian blueprints in my data. I've followed the videos and guides exactly so I'm starting to think this is bugged for me for some reason. Any ideas CMDR's?

I know this post is one month old and you've probably sorted it by now.

But this will happen if you are not aiming at the orb. Because it is floating, you need to elevate your turret to point at it. If you do not, you can still 'target' the orb, and will get that message when attempting to scan it.

So go to turret mode, elevate so your reticle is pointing at the orb and scan. Should fix it.

I am looking to do this once I make it back to the bubble in the next week or so (out exploring)

Is this something that is hard to do even with the guide? I have ZERO combat experience in the SRV and have never done anything like this.

I am looking to do this once I make it back to the bubble in the next week or so (out exploring)

Is this something that is hard to do even with the guide? I have ZERO combat experience in the SRV and have never done anything like this.
Ok the guide is amazing how ever your going to need to be ready in a few category's.
1. PIP management
2. Materials for SRV synthesis
Ammo,Fuel, and Hull repair
3. There are two large steps to climb/get up with SRV those also take some skill.
4. It's necessary to use the turret mode while engaging the Gaurdian Sentinels.

Does something special need to be done to get the point defence on the ship fire automatically at missiles whilst you're in the srv?
I got to the x, presumably the tower came up, tried to kill the defense drones, missiles caused me to end up in a place where the srv couldn't move (not forward, not reverse, not thrusters, zero movement entirely), so I had to self destruct. Got back to the X, took care of final drone, but the tower had no exposed glowy bit to shoot :| This was the second time of trying this, all I want is increased FSD tech!

Does something special need to be done to get the point defence on the ship fire automatically at missiles whilst you're in the srv?
I got to the x, presumably the tower came up, tried to kill the defense drones, missiles caused me to end up in a place where the srv couldn't move (not forward, not reverse, not thrusters, zero movement entirely), so I had to self destruct. Got back to the X, took care of final drone, but the tower had no exposed glowy bit to shoot :| This was the second time of trying this, all I want is increased FSD tech!
Point defence needs to be on top of your ship, for which the DBX is excellent.

Remember to set your weapons pips on the ship at least to 3 before you depart in the SRV (leave the rest on the shields if you prefer), or it may run out of weaponry when you need it.

It is best, if you can, to land your ship fairly close to the site and so that it is not down in a valley where it does not see the missiles soon enough. You will get the idea as you scout out landing positions on approach.

Last edited:

It's harder to describe than actually do. Takes a bit of time getting orientated around the site, though, especially in the dark even with night vision. Easy to lose that last pylon you need !

The Guardian Sentinels are not so strong that they destroy your SRV as long as you pip manage your shields.

Put the handbrake on to avoid being tipped over by the weapons and use the turret for best shooting power. Once you have got used to shooting down one Sentinel, the rest feel pretty easy.

Point defence needs to be on top of your ship, for which the DBX is excellent.

Remember to set your weapons pips on the ship at least to 3 before you depart in the SRV (leave the rest on the shields if you prefer), or it may run out of weaponry when you need it.

It is best, if you can, to land your ship fairly close to the site and so that it is not down in a valley where it does not see the missiles soon enough. You will get the idea as you scout out landing positions on approach.

Aye, I landed in the area indicated by the OP, and did indeed have two top mounted point defence. Hadn't thought to set weapon pips in the ship before departure though. I may try to give that a go today (and likely rage at my SRV driving incompetence again!).

Last edited:
Not sure if this has been mentioned in the thread, but if the sentinels are giving you trouble, hop back into your ship, take off and blast the sentinels with your ship weapons instead. You can't target the sentinels with your computer so you'll have to gauge manually and fire your weapons accordingly. Afterwards, disembark into your SRV and pick up the materials before they expire.

Another hint: After getting spitting mad the first few runs, and missing the time limit two times in a row, I slowly lerned how to do it. It is not fun, sorry to say. All happens in blackness (Night Vision is not the same as light), and the SRV hangs on every stone, and there are a lot. Additionally we have a curious bug where the client hangs after logging out, could be connected to the 'skimmer bug' mentioned elsewhere.
But I have managed to do it twice in the meantime.
Here's the hint: Land at the site as described by the OP (nice post, without it I would have given up). Then deploy your SRV and drive around the site, you can also farm materials and data. Drive to every (inactive and sunken) Pylon except the first one. Avoid the first pylon and the 'X' on the ground like the plague! This way you will trigger around 2-3 Sentries, maybe even all of them. The fight will be easy, because there is no time limit. And it will help you later, when the time limit starts. After having visited all the material pillars (destructible panels) and all the data obelisks start the scenario. It will be much easier, especially if you have visited all the pillar locations, since you will now know where to go during the time limit. This won't help against the 4 Sentrys at the end and the two which spawn after scanning for the Blueprint, but it will make the time limited exercise much easier!

Also the OP gave a link to a Reddit post they covered how to get Epsilon Data at two obalisc. The obolisc are GIVING RANDOM DATA ok in case anyone is going out there it doesn't work as intended 😀

Also the OP gave a link to a Reddit post they covered how to get Epsilon Data at two obalisc. The obolisc are GIVING RANDOM DATA ok in case anyone is going out there it doesn't work as intended 😀
Yes, true - I did what he advised on Reddit and it works fine. I have lots of data now.

The first time I went there, I realized only half way that my SRV bays are empty. The second time I went there, I collected all my materials, and then ran out of fuel. The third time I went there, I charged all the pylons but got destroyed by Guardian Sentinels. I will try for the fourth and last time today - I am not going back again. ;)

The first time I went there, I realized only half way that my SRV bays are empty. The second time I went there, I collected all my materials, and then ran out of fuel. The third time I went there, I charged all the pylons but got destroyed by Guardian Sentinels. I will try for the fourth and last time today - I am not going back again. ;)
Run out of fuel? Click on SRV in the right window for modules and you get a tab open up for refuelling from materials carried. You can check it out before doing it, as a 'practice.'
Similarly for ammunition.

The sentinels will not destroy you if you manage your pips correctly. First, on the ship (hopefully equipped with point defence on the TOP of the ship) ensure some pips are on WEP before you depart in the SRV so that Sentinel rockets are intercepted before they reach you.

When Sentinels attack you, divide your pips between Shields and Weapons. Put the handbrake on and use the turret to shoot at them.

When your SRV has to jump over an obstacle, put some pips into ENG to recharge it. Then return some pips to shields and weapons ready for the next Sentinel attack.

Run out of fuel? Click on SRV in the right window for modules and you get a tab open up for refuelling from materials carried. You can check it out before doing it, as a 'practice.'
Similarly for ammunition.

The sentinels will not destroy you if you manage your pips correctly. First, on the ship (hopefully equipped with point defence on the TOP of the ship) ensure some pips are on WEP before you depart in the SRV so that Sentinel rockets are intercepted before they reach you.

When Sentinels attack you, divide your pips between Shields and Weapons. Put the handbrake on and use the turret to shoot at them.

When your SRV has to jump over an obstacle, put some pips into ENG to recharge it. Then return some pips to shields and weapons ready for the next Sentinel attack.
Thanks for the tips! Will take them into account! (y)

Thanks for the tips! Will take them into account! (y)
Good luck! I managed after much cursing (my fault) to get all module blueprints.

Here are my hints:
It is dark there, maybe there will be more light today (it is a 20 day period), but Night Vision helps a lot. I hope you have a ship with point defense, like the OP described. The PD should be on top of your ship, under your ship they won't help. I had 2 (DBX), and they worked well. Do not forget to set 4 pips to weapons before leaving your ship, and park it exactly like the OP describes. This works like a charm.

Next I recommend to drive around with your SRV, to get your bearings! This is very important, not doing it cost me my first two tries because of timeout. Visit every energy pillar (they are sunken, if the scenario has not started yet) except the first one. Do not drive on the X, stay far from it. Also you can farm the pillars with destructible panels. Expect up to 4 (normally 3) sentries to appear and attack. There is no time limit, and it is always just one, so you can train how to kill them! Also this has the advantage, that they later, during the timed run loading the energy pillars will no longer appear! You can also farm the Guardian Obelisks, they have a glowing side you can data scan, this will give you needed data materials. There are 6 pillars with destructible panels, which will give you 3 materials each.

After having found all 5 pillars except the first be sure you have your bearings and know where they are. Be sure how to drive to the pillars. Then go to the X, as OP describes and start the scenario. The sentries will spawn quite far away, as soon as you can target one of them, you must set 4 pips to weapons in your SRV, or it will take too long. If your point defenses work well, nothing bad will happen, worst case your SRV shield gives out. But the sentries are not very aggressive, if you drive into cover they mostly will not pursue and you can give 4 pips to system and wait for your shields. During the timed exercise there will be no time for this. But it is not hard, once you get the hang of it.

If your point defense does not work, or not work well, then you should always put on your handbrake on the SRV, otherwise the missiles will displace and maybe capsize you.

After charging the last pillar 4 sentries will appear. But they are distributed, so that they are fairly easy to dispatch. Also the timer ends and you have enough time to do this. Again, take your time, try to pick up materials the sentries drop. After this drive up to the X, don't forget to take a Guardian Relic, and do as in the OP described. Two more sentries spawn after scanning, but they are not hard. And now you have one blueprint more.

Also - should you have a timeout, the scenario will end. But you still can drive around and farm materials. In this case it says, the scenarios is 'reset'. Don't believe it! It's not true. The scenario is not reset, driving to the X will do nothing. You have to log out (as the OP describes).

Also - after the patch there seems to be a problem with skimmers, where the game crashes if you fight them. The problem could be at this site too, but for me it only lead to a client hang during logout. You must end the client with the task manager. But this only happens if you killed a sentry during the session. Without this it works normally.

Hope this helps - o7

It does? I did it all after the April patch. What does not work for you?
Well after the April update the obolisks are giving random data
so Epsilon Data is more difficult to find because there is no longer a location to go to that will just give Epsilon Data. So the Reddit post that the OP gave a link to on this thread for farming Epsilon Data is no longer valid because Obolisks are giving any data so it doesn't WORK 😀

Top Bottom