Out of Fuel? - Explorer Rescue Service, The Fuel Rats

So does this mean Fuel Rat clients in the sun's Exclusion Zone no longer need a Tactical Face Plant? o_O
If it wasn't tested during the beta, it's definitely something i'm happy to help check out post-update.

I assure you that we will be testing this. Although we find it unlikely due to the criteria involved with the EZ and the effects of gravity.

I for one like the idea that TFPs might no longer be needed but would miss the certain thrill factor of slamming into the star to rescue a client who only has seconds of oxygen left

Just managed to be in need of fuel for the first time, jumped to a dwarf with the last fumes without noticing during a conversation... :)

3 Months worth of data...... :eek:

Luckily, I was rescued really fast considering I am still ~23kly out from the bubble.

Thanks again to the Fuelrats and everyone involved, you guys rock!

10/10

Helped a little as i have an account parked in Colonia for such eventualities, but glad to save all that data!

~AKA CMDR Konisho

Does anyone still BGS?
Just I was idly flicking thru our systems, and noticed the 13th Legion have attacked and taken over CD-76 1091. I'm certain it was ours once, but meh, only thing is if they start going for our other systems I guess.

Does anyone still BGS?
Just I was idly flicking thru our systems, and noticed the 13th Legion have attacked and taken over CD-76 1091. I'm certain it was ours once, but meh, only thing is if they start going for our other systems I guess.

Yeah some people still do. Not as much as in the haydays.

Regarding other PMFs, our stance holds: we don't engage. If someone else takes on systems all fair and square, then more power to them. Exception is naturally with our home system.

Silent in here!
Anyway, I finally managed to become Elite in Elite :)
... and hopefully I'll be able to Rat again soon, my Rattalooga needs a good brush-the-dust-off ^,^/
x2JUBfG.gif

Silent in here!
Anyway, I finally managed to become Elite in Elite :)
... and hopefully I'll be able to Rat again soon, my Rattalooga needs a good brush-the-dust-off ^,^/
x2JUBfG.gif
Bravo sir! I have to confess it's probably now been years since I was last active as a Fuel Rat (is there a way to get at our personal log of Fuel Rats rescues so I can find out?). How time flies!

I still rat from time to time. I hit 400 first limpets end of 2017, and only done 40 since then.
Need to get on and do some more Buckyballing though, just find it hard to get the time to plan, and then do say 3 runs in a session to see decent improvements.

Cmdr Kahless joined up about a month ago to research for this awesome piece!
Watched it all, very extensive, nice job.

Last edited:
I'm trying to sign up to be a rat, but I can't get the Kiwi IRC to work. Is it down?
Also, they seem to have changed things since the joining instructions on fuelrats.com were written. There's a drop-down box at the front saying "Custom server" and squillions of choices, but I couldn't find anything "ratty". I filled in the other details, but when I try to connect it says "We couldn't connect to that server :( Unknown domain name or host."

I'm trying to sign up to be a rat, but I can't get the Kiwi IRC to work. Is it down?
Also, they seem to have changed things since the joining instructions on fuelrats.com were written. There's a drop-down box at the front saying "Custom server" and squillions of choices, but I couldn't find anything "ratty". I filled in the other details, but when I try to connect it says "We couldn't connect to that server :( Unknown domain name or host."
Just tested our Kiwi server, it is working normally. There shouldn't be a "custom server" dropdown box, so I doubt you're in the right place. Just click the "Get Help" followed by the "I want to chat" button on the Fuel rats webpage.

Sorry if it has been asked before but I am out exploring and currently trying to experiment with the limits of my current ship build (I don't know why jump range displays as null in coriolis?) but it is ~60lys laden (current) with the guardian fsd booster de-activated and around ~ 66-67lys (laden) / 72.5lys (unladen & on fumes) with guardian fsd booster active.
Right now I am trying to see how much distance I can travel in SC with all modules (except the essentials i.e. thrusters, fsd & life support)
de-activated. So now I am at ~4.1 lys from current system and towards my next waypoint. I've got around ~ 30% fuel left, of which about one third is required for the jump to the next star system. So I need to keep an eye on it now v.carefully..
1st Question is, in the scenario that I am at the outskirts of the galaxy where star density is very low and trying to reach an unreachable star system, at which point I must activate guardian booster and attempt the jump? By the looks of it I can travel around a max of 5 lys in supercruise so if a system is at a maximum of 77.5 Lys I can theoretically reach it (unladen of course cause right now I am fully laden - carrying 8 cofins aka oeps). The guardian fsd booster requires more fuel to operate so timing is crucial.
2nd Question: I've got my jumponium mats maxed out (literally.: I've got 250 25% injections, 200 50% and 150 100%). Does use of jumponium require additional fuel? I don't want to spend all my fuel only to find out I can't use jumponium..
Thanks for any advice & fly safe & stay safe.

Sorry if it has been asked before but I am out exploring and currently trying to experiment with the limits of my current ship build (I don't know why jump range displays as null in coriolis?) but it is ~60lys laden (current) with the guardian fsd booster de-activated and around ~ 66-67lys (laden) / 72.5lys (unladen & on fumes) with guardian fsd booster active.
Right now I am trying to see how much distance I can travel in SC with all modules (except the essentials i.e. thrusters, fsd & life support)
de-activated. So now I am at ~4.1 lys from current system and towards my next waypoint. I've got around ~ 30% fuel left, of which about one third is required for the jump to the next star system. So I need to keep an eye on it now v.carefully..
1st Question is, in the scenario that I am at the outskirts of the galaxy where star density is very low and trying to reach an unreachable star system, at which point I must activate guardian booster and attempt the jump? By the looks of it I can travel around a max of 5 lys in supercruise so if a system is at a maximum of 77.5 Lys I can theoretically reach it (unladen of course cause right now I am fully laden - carrying 8 cofins aka oeps). The guardian fsd booster requires more fuel to operate so timing is crucial.
2nd Question: I've got my jumponium mats maxed out (literally.: I've got 250 25% injections, 200 50% and 150 100%). Does use of jumponium require additional fuel? I don't want to spend all my fuel only to find out I can't use jumponium..
Thanks for any advice & fly safe & stay safe.

First of all, you cannot supercruise to another system. It is not possible. The game requires the hyperspace jump as a loading screen for the next system to generate.

You can keep the FSD booster activated at any time, as it only requires additional fuel when you use it, i.e. when you make a jump that is longer than you max jump without booster. So in your example, the fuel needed to make a 60 ly jump is the same regardless if booster is activated or not.

Jumponium does not require additional fuel. Quite the contrary in fact. Like with the supercharging at a white dward or a neutron star, it enables you to jump a bigger distance with the same fuel. So i.e. if you make a 100% injection, you can jump twice the distance with the same fuel. So in fact the injection does not only enable you to jump double distance, but in case you are low on fuel, it can enable you to jump a distance you'd normally also be able to jump, but with 50% less fuel usage.

Also, for complete clarity, the jump distance used to determine how much fuel is required is always the distance between the two systems. It doesn’t matter if you have supercruised towards your destination - this doesn’t count.

Top Bottom