So, we already have the 1st two candidates which appeared in the 1st movie: Dimorphodon and Pteranodon, but... which other "exotic" or unique flying creatures you think would be a great addition to the game?

CURRENT WISHLIST:

Pteranodon (this one appeared in almost every Jurassic movie)
ian-joyner-pter-ij-002.jpg

Dimorphodon
dimorphodon_of_jurassic_world_by_urbnvampslayer-d8sieje.jpg

Tapejara (or any Tapejarid, like the Tupandactylus)
e1efcb3772126e235bda40e529e6b8f7-d8vzjqf.jpg

Quetzalcoatlus (or any other BIG pterosaur, like the Hatzegopteryx)
quetzalcoatlus_by_eldarzakirov-da52mo0.jpg

Cearadactylus (or Ornithocheirus, a similar animal)
3722623a3e0999c0ae29545b85f234c3.jpg

Geosternbergia (similar to Pteranodon, but with a very distinctive crest)
geosternbergia_fabrizio-de-rossi.png

Last edited:
Pteranodon
Dimorphodon
Quetzalcoatlus (it appeared in the JP1 toyline)
Tapejara (it appeared in the JP3 toyline)
Cearadactylus (it appeared in the first novel)

Damn it. I copied what the OP said and didn't check if it's correctly spelled. Of course it's supposed to be ''Pteranodon'' [big grin]

Added these creatures...

• Tapejara (or any Tapejarid, like the Tupandactylus)

• Quetzalcoatlus (or any other BIG pterosaur, like the Hatzegopteryx)

• Cearadactylus (or any other similar creature, like the Ornithocheirus)

• Geosternbergia (similar to Pteranodon, but with a very distinctive crest)

• Tropeognathus: the genus to which the large pterosaur from Walking With Dinosaurs actually belonged to, although it probably wasn't as big as it was depicted.

A hypothetical aviary expansion is it?

Hmm... let me think...

Pteranodon would be an obvious addition... for obvious reasons.

Dimorphodon... well it does appear in the movies... but is it big enough?

Quetzalcoatlus would be awesome... carnivorous giraffe with wings...

Tapejara would be nice... that big crest could be very pretty to look at.

Rhamphorynchus is a classic pterosaur... although it suffers the same problems as Dimorphodon; it's kinda small...

Djungaripterus and its crazy beak and blunt, crushing teeth would be a nice addition.

Pterodaustro has that crazy under-bite; large teeth meant for filter feeding... it too joins Dimorphodon in the small size department...

Nyctosaurus has that bizarre antler crest... also small like Dimorphodon...

There's actually plenty more to suggest... but I think I'll stop before it gets out of hand.

Also, I notices a few people suggested Ornithocheirus... but is that because of how it was depicted in Walking with Dinosaurs? Because the massive wingspan attributed to it was purely fabrication and what materiel is known suggests an animal closer to Tupandactylus in size; a five-ish meter wingspan... smaller than a male Pteranodon.

I believe Jurassic World the game (the mobile ripoff app) has a lot of pterosaurs. An assortment of 20 or 30 of those would be sufficient for an expansion pack/DLC.

Also, I notices a few people suggested Ornithocheirus... but is that because of how it was depicted in Walking with Dinosaurs? Because the massive wingspan attributed to it was purely fabrication and what materiel is known suggests an animal closer to Tupandactylus in size; a five-ish meter wingspan... smaller than a male Pteranodon.

A systematic study of the giant specimens of Tropeognathus responsible for the oversized 12m WWD Ornithocheirus gives a wingspan of between 8.26 and 8.7m. Smaller than depicted in WWD, but still much larger than Pteranodon. Unfortunately it looks like these specimens were destroyed or damaged in the recent National Museum fire...

REFERENCE

A systematic study of the giant specimens of Tropeognathus responsible for the oversized 12m WWD Ornithocheirus gives a wingspan of between 8.26 and 8.7m. Smaller than depicted in WWD, but still much larger than Pteranodon. Unfortunately it looks like these specimens were destroyed or damaged in the recent National Museum fire...

REFERENCE

This is Jurassic Park, they've been known to be VERY liberal with pterosaur sizes. It's not necessarily a bad thing, but something to bear in mind.

With Pteranodon, you also have the giant ones from the end of The Lost World...there's also the differences between the JP3 and JW ones

Tapejara, Quetzalcoatlus, Cearadactylus, and Geosternbergia would be amazing ingame. And Pteranodon from Jurassic Park: The Lost World. The Jurassic World ones just look wrong. disappointed with the crest being so small.

Top Bottom