A hypothetical aviary expansion is it?

Hmm... let me think...

Pteranodon would be an obvious addition... for obvious reasons.

Dimorphodon... well it does appear in the movies... but is it big enough?

Quetzalcoatlus would be awesome... carnivorous giraffe with wings...

Tapejara would be nice... that big crest could be very pretty to look at.

Rhamphorynchus is a classic pterosaur... although it suffers the same problems as Dimorphodon; it's kinda small...

Djungaripterus and its crazy beak and blunt, crushing teeth would be a nice addition.

Pterodaustro has that crazy under-bite; large teeth meant for filter feeding... it too joins Dimorphodon in the small size department...

Nyctosaurus has that bizarre antler crest... also small like Dimorphodon...

There's actually plenty more to suggest... but I think I'll stop before it gets out of hand.

Also, I notices a few people suggested Ornithocheirus... but is that because of how it was depicted in Walking with Dinosaurs? Because the massive wingspan attributed to it was purely fabrication and what materiel is known suggests an animal closer to Tupandactylus in size; a five-ish meter wingspan... smaller than a male Pteranodon.

Personally, I just like Ornithocheirus. The small crest on the beak in particular makes it unique. I first saw it on Prehistoric Planet, which I believe used the Walking with Dinosaurs clips.

They are all Females .bertween Males and Females are extremly genderr differenses

800px-Pteranodon_cranial_anatomy.jpg

With Pteranodon, you also have the giant ones from the end of The Lost World...there's also the differences between the JP3 and JW ones

Oh they probably won't make physical differences for different movie versions of the same species, they didn't do that for the Raptors.

Pteranodon Longiceps (classic)

I would like the classic and iconic Pteranodon Longiceps, the one with the long crest, the male, then I would like the gigantic Qetzalcoatlus, the caudate Ramphorhynchus, and the little Pterodactylus. Tropeognathus would also be beautiful...

So i would indeed back up the pteranodon, dimorphodon, ornithocheiros (however even though it would be wrong, i would prefer the model to be that of a male one, as they had those distinct beautiful crests on their beaks), the tapejara, quetzalcoatl and personally i would love to see a good old fashioned Pterodactyl. They basically have no crests, very stylish and distinct from the rest, more early jurassic if i remember corectly and were also featured quite priminantly in Arthur C. Doyle's Lost World novel, with the very memorable ending of one being captured and brought back to i believe London, where it was displayed in a great hall before various scientists but broke free and shattered the massive window of the lecture hall and flew out into the world. What an ending that was. So yea, lots of history for the Pterodactyl.

So i would indeed back up the pteranodon, dimorphodon, ornithocheiros (however even though it would be wrong, i would prefer the model to be that of a male one, as they had those distinct beautiful crests on their beaks), the tapejara, quetzalcoatl and personally i would love to see a good old fashioned Pterodactyl. They basically have no crests, very stylish and distinct from the rest, more early jurassic if i remember corectly and were also featured quite priminantly in Arthur C. Doyle's Lost World novel, with the very memorable ending of one being captured and brought back to i believe London, where it was displayed in a great hall before various scientists but broke free and shattered the massive window of the lecture hall and flew out into the world. What an ending that was. So yea, lots of history for the Pterodactyl.

Yes ,pterodactylus would be fine...
But first of all, the Pteranodon Longiceps

this is from "the lost World"

24p9mpy.png

Yes ,pterodactylus would be fine...
But first of all, the Pteranodon Longiceps

this is from "the lost World"

Oh yes, i absolutely agree, and this exact rendition of it too! It might not be exactly scientifically accurate but goddamn it is just gorgeous and iconic. I'm gonna use this exact picture to make a suggestion in the new forum if you don't mind!

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/448471-Pteranodon-Longiceps?p=7035659#post7035659

there we go!

Last edited:
Top Bottom