I'm almost at the Heart and Soul nebula. You know "lovers woe = heart" "parent's grief = soul". Well, "vagabond hearts" would just be the wanderer, without a home, explorer. So I think the riddle litterly says "go explore the heart and soul nebula". That's what I'm doing. To Raxxla!

Addition to post: From the nebula's perspective, there is a 'jewel on the brow' visible. The Bubble Nebula is litterly a jewel shaped object on the 'brow' of the galaxy. That could be of interest too.

Last edited:
Just a random star on the sky box, in a random system?

As in if you know what a pattern of stars looks like and you know the name of them but are trying to work out from which system they are being viewed from.

Its probably a long shot to think such a thing is even possible.

As in if you know what a pattern of stars looks like and you know the name of them but are trying to work out from which system they are being viewed from.

Its just trial and error, until you find the system that matches. It's doable.

The first Guardian ruin was found that way.

It helps if you can identify some other star outside your pattern. You may need this to determine the distance and angle. if you only have a tight pattern of stars, it will look similar in a bunch of systems.

After a failed thread search, I thought I would throw in that Boötes Void is the deepest void, as far as microwave background is concerned. I don't see Boötes Constellation, or a siren where it's supposed to be, but I'm still trying to convert RA/Dec to GalMap coords.

After a failed thread search, I thought I would throw in that Boötes Void is the deepest void, as far as microwave background is concerned. I don't see Boötes Constellation, or a siren where it's supposed to be, but I'm still trying to convert RA/Dec to GalMap coords.

Merga is pretty much in the direction of the Boötes Void. If you are in Sol, that is.

I have completed my survey of permit-locked systems ( https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...-Find-Raxxla?p=7300892&viewfull=1#post7300892 ) with a null result regarding clues relating to Raxxla or the whereabouts of The Dark Wheel. It was nevertheless an educational experience and I have learned plenty about the history of the superpowers and a few other events of significance. I also got to see Majestic class Interdictors emerging from hyperspace on two occasions, one of which was set against the background of the star Facece (the POI is within the fuel scoop zone!) which was highly impressive, and finally visited New Horizons and Voyager 1. I also encountered two Q-type anomalies in HIP 15310 (which was on my plotted route from Peregrina to Jotun) during my journey.
I'll take a break for a bit, now, as I'm out of ideas. I might pay the home system of Mic Turner a visit, also the system from which Meredith Argent's ancestors came from, in case there's more history there to learn. I might look back over the Tourist Beacon text and see if anything else comes to mind. Fly safe! o7

Heres my take, from what I've gathered.

"Whisperer in witchspace, Siren of the deepest void"

The constellation Lyra: "The constellation is associated with the myth of the Greek musician and poet Orpheus. Lyra constellation lies in the northern sky. It represents the lyre, a musical instrument with strings used in antiquity and later times."

"Without Orpheus and his music, the Argonauts would not have been able to make it past the Sirens, whose song enticed sailors to come to them, which usually resulted in sailors crashing their ships into the islands on which the Sirens lived. When the Argonauts approached the islands, Orpheus drew his lyre and played music that drowned out the Sirens’ calls."

https://www.constellation-guide.com/constellation-list/lyra-constellation/ and theres the listing of the stars aswell.

Kinda makes you wonder, since they stay that Raxxla is somewhere near SOL.

-T

Heres my take, from what I've gathered.

"Whisperer in witchspace, Siren of the deepest void"

The constellation Lyra: "The constellation is associated with the myth of the Greek musician and poet Orpheus. Lyra constellation lies in the northern sky. It represents the lyre, a musical instrument with strings used in antiquity and later times."

"Without Orpheus and his music, the Argonauts would not have been able to make it past the Sirens, whose song enticed sailors to come to them, which usually resulted in sailors crashing their ships into the islands on which the Sirens lived. When the Argonauts approached the islands, Orpheus drew his lyre and played music that drowned out the Sirens’ calls."

https://www.constellation-guide.com/constellation-list/lyra-constellation/ and theres the listing of the stars aswell.

Kinda makes you wonder, since they stay that Raxxla is somewhere near SOL.

-T

Good shout CMDR. I'll add the stars to my list of places to check out.

I’m triple Elite, allied with TDW and have been doing missions for them for 2 weeks now. Nothing usually has turned up.

Let us know if you get any results after making quadruple Elite. I honestly believe that if Elite ranking is a requirement to unlocking Raxxla then it has something to do with Shinrarta Dhezra and therefore only requires a single Elite ranking. If multiple Elite rankings are required then there is no reason to assume that such a requirement would exclude CQC/Arena rank so ... time to get cracking! ;)

Not too sure how EDSM works, but I'll be heading that way in a few hours to check it out. Good excuse to check out the Zurara again.

I randomly did a YouTube search, and found a CMDR that had some footage of his/her travels to there, (Alluring Siren) but it was from 2016, and pretty obvious they were just passing through.

Did you used to be able to select permit-locked systems?

I recently tried, and found that you can no longer select them. I am certain you used to be able to.

Is this a new thing?

POST EDIT: as in select them in the galaxy map.

Last edited:
I have completed my survey of permit-locked systems ( https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...-Find-Raxxla?p=7300892&viewfull=1#post7300892 ) with a null result regarding clues relating to Raxxla or the whereabouts of The Dark Wheel. It was nevertheless an educational experience and I have learned plenty about the history of the superpowers and a few other events of significance. I also got to see Majestic class Interdictors emerging from hyperspace on two occasions, one of which was set against the background of the star Facece (the POI is within the fuel scoop zone!) which was highly impressive, and finally visited New Horizons and Voyager 1. I also encountered two Q-type anomalies in HIP 15310 (which was on my plotted route from Peregrina to Jotun) during my journey.
I'll take a break for a bit, now, as I'm out of ideas. I might pay the home system of Mic Turner a visit, also the system from which Meredith Argent's ancestors came from, in case there's more history there to learn. I might look back over the Tourist Beacon text and see if anything else comes to mind. Fly safe! o7

Are these anomalies detectable by fss? If so what type of signal do they appear as?

If you know the RL/in-game (not always identical) name then you can select a star in the galmap and it will be highlighted when you look out the cockpit canopy; repeat until you know every star in your group. Then you can check kts distance from you- nearer objects will move relatively fast against the skybox. If you move left they’ll move right, & up/down with respect to distant objects/skybox.

If you know the star names then you can bookmark those systems in galmap & move your point of view around to get a rough check of how the pattern will appear from various positions. In my experience of questing this is not exact- I recently hopped 8ly to a neighbouring system & the pattern I was trying to track down seemed to break up entirely althoughthey were 40+ly away, so I suspect there is a problem with the accuracy of some skybox calculations; either that or I found a hidden gravitational anomaly!

But good luck in trying to find a star name from a pattern-this aspect has been driving me nuts for the last two months in my quest. We really need an ability to display an angular graticule in the cockpit so we can get visual angles to an object from our current position, then project a straight line in galmap to see what stars line up with it; bright star types with no intervening dust can be visible over a hundred ly away. And we need a galmap that doesn’t suddenly decide to zoom off into the distance just because there was a distant star at the point where your mouse pointer grabbed the map to change the point of view, it’s VERY frustrating! I think I was making progress in my quest, but I’ll be glad to call a halt on Sunday in order to make my preparations for DW2.

Last edited:
Top Bottom