Thargoid Data Gathering Effort: We need your help!

Hi LCU
I noticed the other day that the TS patrols are back in :), ........ and after searching dozens of systems I've finally found a totally new good candidate! :cool:
Although the system was already in EDSM, strangely the moons around A4 hadn't been scanned (but the moons around the distant B planets had!), & all 4 of them are suitable bodies for a TS!
Anyway, the system is HIP 19685, it's neither a known TS or in my candidate list (yet). 1 other bonus, although the GG+ABL is 233k Ls out, the 4 RBs are just 4k Ls out :).

Interestingly they're are lots of NHSSs here, coincidence? (It's ~107 LYs from Merope).

Last edited:
I've been wondering whether it would be quicker with 3.3,
so I tried the new FSS out again. As long as the system has been discovered by someone before then possibly. If their are no landable RBs or HMCs, then yes. If their are RBs with no IBs then yes again.
But, if their are landable RBs & IBs, we'd have to zoom in on each one as it's not always possible to see if they are 1 or the other via the scanner 'tuner' bar. And then again it depends on system size. Bigger one's favour the new FSS, I wonder where the cut off point is?........

Last edited:
No more waiting 20 minutes for a spawn at the edge of the Thargoid bubble. Really looking forward to doing a survey of the Merope Bubble with this. Should also make decent wedge from scanning bodies

That's true, I hadn't thought of that!
NHSS mapping will be much easier now! ;)

Fast forward a few weeks.....
LCU USS maps Merope, 1 result grabs his attention, 1,000,000 Ls - Thargoid gargantuan mothership :eek:, he passes the word on, everyone freaks out! :D

LCU USS maps Merope, 1 result grabs his attention, 1,000,000 Ls - Thargoid gargantuan mothership :eek:, he passes the word on, everyone freaks out! :D

i think thats a fair assessment of how its going to go down lol

Make Merope system the first target, 5C has got to be hiding something, now it would be funny if it turned out to be Rax.....no im not going to say it just in case i jinx it lol

Still waiting for a mapping report on Merope, and 5C in particular!

Has nothing been found??

Last edited:
FYI: I have delivered a new version of the USS_Survey plugin.

Ive removed the supercruise survey as the software can now report all USS discovered during an FSS scan. So if anyone wants to map the boundaries of the Merope bubble it is much easier.

I'm sure someone has mapped Merope 5c, I think I asked in another Thargoid themed thread, & someone answered that it had been, can't remember which thread offhand.....

[edit] Here you go :-

Ah yes, but what was found? Did he check way off the ecliptic?
Why do the UAs point to 5C? What is there to cause this behaviour? Or is there really no point to this game?

Ah yes, but what was found? Did he check way off the ecliptic?
Why do the UAs point to 5C? What is there to cause this behaviour? Or is there really no point to this game?

Point of clarification, UAs (Thargoid Sensors) don't point to 5C, Probes do. TS point to the Merope star.

Honestly, it's been so long since MB said "There's a reason for the pointing" and yet nothing patently obvious has come up that I've given up hope of it meaning anything, or if it does mean something, it's either so peripheral to the point of meaninglessness, or the actions to discover the meaning are so obtuse that it's virtually meaningless.

We've known they point to Merope/5C *for years*
We know the TP calibrates off (that system in Col 70) *for years*
We know Overlook is in HIP 22460 and there's also a Thargoid Structure present for *almost* a year now (the only system where there's both a Thargoid Structure *and* a Human presence), but we still can't go there.
We know Wreaken operate in permit-locked space bordering Thargoid turf, but we can't go there.

But still, it's permit locked, and with the ability to fully resolve the planet, there's still nothing to be found. That sounds pretty meaningless to me.

Hating to go on the negative-nancy path, but the golden age of this thread series is long past. There's nothing new, obscure or interesting to investigate. Sure, we might come across some cool looking stuff, but the puzzles that needed effort to decipher are long gone, and that's a shame. Just the latest victim in the list of abandoned story arcs.

Last edited:
Point of clarification, UAs (Thargoid Sensors) don't point to 5C, Probes do. TS point to the Merope star.

Honestly, it's been so long since MB said "There's a reason for the pointing" and yet nothing patently obvious has come up that I've given up hope of it meaning anything, or if it does mean something, it's either so peripheral to the point of meaninglessness, or the actions to discover the meaning are so obtuse that it's virtually meaningless.

We've known they point to Merope/5C *for years*
We know the TP calibrates off (that system in Col 70) *for years*
We know Overlook is in HIP 22460 and there's also a Thargoid Structure present for *almost* a year now (the only system where there's both a Thargoid Structure *and* a Human presence), but we still can't go there.
We know Wreaken operate in permit-locked space bordering Thargoid turf, but we can't go there.

But still, it's permit locked, and with the ability to fully resolve the planet, there's still nothing to be found. That sounds pretty meaningless to me.

Hating to go on the negative-nancy path, but the golden age of this thread series is long past. There's nothing new, obscure or interesting to investigate. Sure, we might come across some cool looking stuff, but the puzzles that needed effort to decipher are long gone, and that's a shame. Just the latest victim in the list of abandoned story arcs.

Mea culpa! Space madness is kicking in (or maybe it’s the Xmas spirit), eveything is becoming blurred!

but yes, if nothing was found in Merope, and 5C in particular, then what’s the point of the game?

actually, maybe it should be raised as a bug report!

Last edited:
Top Bottom