Given the capitalised letters spell "PASS" that sort of thing is possible.

If you expect it to be pointed directly at a system name that could narrow the search down to the (extremely large!) number of systems named of the form "<one word region name beginning with P> AS-S ..." e.g. Phylucs AS-S b17-1.
If you go down that rabbit hole you could also take "with eyes to see" literally. There are plenty of system names that spell out "Raxxla" (although all known ones are far away from the bubble).

Code:
Dryu Bra XX-L a7-0
Dryu Bra XX-L a9-0
Dryu Bra XX-L a21-0
Dryu Bra XX-L a35-0
Dryu Bra XX-L a36-0
Dryu Bra XX-L a49-0
Dryu Bra XX-L a62-0
Dryu Bra XX-L a63-0
Dryu Bra XX-L a76-0
Dryu Bra XX-L a117-0
Dryu Bra XX-L a118-0
Hypao Bra XX-L a7-0
Hypao Bra XX-L a76-0
Hypi Bra XX-L a21-0
Hypi Bra XX-L a117-0
Ooscs Bra XX-L a7-0
Ooscs Bra XX-L a7-1
Ooscs Bra XX-L a7-2
Ooscs Bra XX-L a36-0
Ooscs Bra XX-L a62-0
Ooscs Bra XX-L a63-0
Ooscs Bra XX-L a76-0
Ooscs Bra XX-L a90-0
Ooscs Bra XX-L a90-1
Ooscs Bra XX-L a104-0
Ooscs Bra XX-L a117-0
Ooscs Bra XX-L a35-0
Phooe Bra XX-L a76-0

Mmm from
https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/g641q3 Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/g641q3/demographic_changes_in_the_galaxy_2020/

Got
2015 (source):

Allegiance Systems Population
Alliance 369 219bn
Empire 5,514 1,919bn
Federation 6,542 2,886bn
Independent 6,593 1,549bn
Total 19,019 6,572,987,331,639

Other searches have only turned up: 78 Ursae Majoris, Alioth, Lave, Diso, Reorte, He Bo, G122-60, LHS 2637, Gateway.

Does that 2015 table seem right? If so then Spansh system search centred on Alioth gives
337 within 40 ly
362 within 41 ly
384 within 42 ly
406 within 43 ly
430 within 44 ly
462 within 45 ly
496 within 46 ly
533 within 47 ly
578 within 48 ly
623 within 49 ly
663 within 50 ly

Given the nature of the Alliance, comprised of a loose grouping of Independent systems, I'd think a lot of systems would remain independent from it so an Alliance space radius of 50 ly from Alioth seems reasonable for 2015/3301. So if the theory is correct then "Raxxla system" should lie within around 50 ly of Alioth. It would be sensible to allow a bit of leeway on that, so I'm thinking search for all named systems within 55 ly of Alioth and see which names are subanagrams of "Princess Astrophil and the Spiralling Stars"..I only have libreoffice and my spreadsheet programming is abysmal.

My notes on the anagram substring search are:
Observe that words that are anagrams are basically permutations of each other. So, the frequency of each character in each word should be equal (modification for ED substring check-the frequency of the candidate string characters should not be greater than the same characters in the reference string). We can obtain this by hashing the frequency of the characters with two hash arrays, and comparing the frequency of each character for both words.
Note- don’t need to output the substring(s) or index position(s) using sliding window, for ED purposes just check whether it exists or not
Note - in this particular example of Ref$ if Test$ contains any numeral then can reject
Note - all characters in systemname should exist in reference string

Ref$=reference string
Test$=ED systemname to be tested for substring candidacy of Ref$

Sub Main
ProcessString(Ref$, NoSpacesRef$, RefStrLength)
Put parameters into spreadsheet cells
CharHash (RefHash, Ref$) REM create hash table for Ref$

FOR all Test$
ProcessString(Test$, NoSpacesTest$, TestStrLength)
Put parameters into spreadsheet cells
CharHash (TestHash, Test$) REM create hash table for Test$
END FOR

FOR all Test$
FOR i=1 to TestStrLength. REM Compare each char in Test$
REM compare TestHash(i) against corresponding RefHash(i)
IF TestHash(i) > RefHash(i) REM invalid Test$ so notify and exit to next Test$
THEN
Validity=FALSE
END FOR
ELSE

END FOR
END FOR

END SUB

Function ProcessString (InStr$, NoSpacesStr$, UpperStr$, StrLength)
NoSpacesStr$=SUBSTITUTE(InStr$;” “;””) REM remove spaces
UpperString$=UPPER(NoSpacesStr$) REM convert to uppercase
StrLength =LEN(UpperString$)
ProcessString= REM if string contains a numeral then INVALID
End Function

Sub CharHash (HashArry, Str$)

DO for all candidate Test$
{Test$=SUBSTITUTE(Test$;” “;””) REM remove spaces from Test$
Test$=UPPER(Test$) REM convert Test$ to uppercase
TestLength=LEN(Test$)
Output TestLength REM longer anagrams -> higher probability for Raxxla?
IF TestLength > RefLength
THEN
Validity= FALSE
ELSE
IF REGEX(Test$; [:digit:]) REM If Test$ has any numerals then invalid
REM else test char value in a for loop
ELSE
{Test$=UPPER(Test$) REM convert Test$ to uppercase
initialise integer vector TestHash(26)=0
Characterhash (TestHash, Test$)
Comparehash

Sub Characterhash (Hash, Test$)
DIM vector Hash(26) as Integer. REM create hash table & set cells to zero
End Sub

Sub Comparehash
FOR i= 1 to TestLength REM only need to test for actual #chars in Test$
IF INDEX(TestHash,1,CODE(MID(Test$,i,1))-64) > INDEX(RefHash,1,CODE(MID(Test$,i,1))-64)
THEN
Validity = FALSE REM return substring check is invalid
EXIT FOR
ELSE
Validity =TRUE
NEXT
}
}
LOOP
End Sub

Separate char frequency count from the hash table comparison to can use also to populate RefHash and reuse algorithm for other Ref$!
Having problems getting this to work as Libreoffice Cal macros!

N.B. MID() function returns a string, need to convert to a number for use in INDEX()
In Excel could test if a string contained one or more numerics using
=COUNT(FIND({0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9},B5))>0.
BUT in libreofficecalc try
=SEARCH([:digit:]?;Test$). #VALUE! error is returned when no match is found
So =NOT(IF(ISERROR(SEARCH([:digit:]?;Test$))) Output FALSE else...

In LibreOffice can use the VLOOKUP function. It allows you to treat a column pair as a hash map, where you lookup keys in the first column and return values from the second. There are several "lookup" functions in Calc: VLOOKUP, HLOOKUP, INDEX, and MATCH. VLOOKUP searches for a value in the left column of a table and returns the value in the same row of another column of that table.
https://www.libreofficehelp.com/lookup-references-libreoffice-calc/

Basic
Arrays must be declared before they are used, by default, the initial index is selected as 0.
Dim MyArrayVar(1 To 5) as string......String array with 5 elements from 1 to 5

C++ algorithm found online somewhere (also remember seeing a Python algorithm for this, somewhere...)
bool areAnagrams(string A, string B) {
if(A.length() != B.length()) {
return false;
}
int hashA[26] = {0}, hashB[26] = {0};
for (int i = 0; i < A.length(); i++) {
hashA[A - 'a']++;
hashB[B - 'a']++;
}
for (int i = 0; i < 26; i++) {
if(hashA != hashB) {
return false;
}
}
return true;
}

Last edited:
78 Ursae Majoris
And even that one wasn't original - it started out as Federal.

The original Alliance systems were in two separate clusters - one larger around Alioth and one smaller around Lave - and as you expected were very heavily interspersed with independent and federal systems.

A reasonably-accurate overestimate for the original ones would be to check for systems with native non-player Alliance factions.

And even that one wasn't original - it started out as Federal.

The original Alliance systems were in two separate clusters - one larger around Alioth and one smaller around Lave - and as you expected were very heavily interspersed with independent and federal systems.

A reasonably-accurate overestimate for the original ones would be to check for systems with native non-player Alliance factions.
How do you ascertain if a faction is native & hasn't migrated into system?
EDSM minor factions indicates there are 903 Alliance minor factions, but lots of those are player factions.
Aha- IF could extract (how?) those 909 into a spreadsheet then could filter out the player groups, filter out duplicate home systems which would give the Alliance systems...but I think that would be the current Alliance bubble size, how to check for the 2015 systems?

Aha- IF could extract (how?) those 909 into a spreadsheet then could filter out the player groups, filter out duplicate home systems which would give the Alliance systems...but I think that would be the current Alliance bubble size, how to check for the 2015 systems?
If you're only checking home systems then that should rule out expansions - there will be a lot of duplicates.

Finding a convenient source of home system and PMF type data for factions isn't obvious nowadays (EDSM and Spansh don't seem to hold the data; Inara does but only provides one-at-a-time viewing of it) but I'll ask around.

EDIT: The old EDDB data is preserved at https://edgalaxydata.space/EDDB/dumps/ - for something like this, not having the last year or so of changes might actually help!

Last edited:
[snip]

Given the nature of the Alliance, comprised of a loose grouping of Independent systems, I'd think a lot of systems would remain independent from it so an Alliance space radius of 50 ly from Alioth seems reasonable for 2015/3301. So if the theory is correct then "Raxxla system" should lie within around 50 ly of Alioth. It would be sensible to allow a bit of leeway on that, so I'm thinking search for all named systems within 55 ly of Alioth and see which names are subanagrams of "Princess Astrophil and the Spiralling Stars"..I only have libreoffice and my spreadsheet programming is abysmal.

[snip]
The Bei Dou sector corresponds to a 40ly sphere centered on Alioth, so there's a good chance of it representing the original Alliance influence zone.

However, the Old Worlds are fairly distant from such core, as seen here (taken from a full list of Sector 1 systems on the first Elite game - the outlier on Federal space is Erlaza).

Captura de ecrã 2024-03-23 161631.png

If you go down that rabbit hole you could also take "with eyes to see" literally. There are plenty of system names that spell out "Raxxla" (although all known ones are far away from the bubble).

Code:
Dryu Bra XX-L a7-0
Dryu Bra XX-L a9-0
Dryu Bra XX-L a21-0
Dryu Bra XX-L a35-0
Dryu Bra XX-L a36-0
Dryu Bra XX-L a49-0
Dryu Bra XX-L a62-0
Dryu Bra XX-L a63-0
Dryu Bra XX-L a76-0
Dryu Bra XX-L a117-0
Dryu Bra XX-L a118-0
Hypao Bra XX-L a7-0
Hypao Bra XX-L a76-0
Hypi Bra XX-L a21-0
Hypi Bra XX-L a117-0
Ooscs Bra XX-L a7-0
Ooscs Bra XX-L a7-1
Ooscs Bra XX-L a7-2
Ooscs Bra XX-L a36-0
Ooscs Bra XX-L a62-0
Ooscs Bra XX-L a63-0
Ooscs Bra XX-L a76-0
Ooscs Bra XX-L a90-0
Ooscs Bra XX-L a90-1
Ooscs Bra XX-L a104-0
Ooscs Bra XX-L a117-0
Ooscs Bra XX-L a35-0
Phooe Bra XX-L a76-0
Most of the ra XX-L a have been checked. They are mostly small simple dwarf systems. Nothing was found.

The 2nd CG "The Search for Survivors of Starship One" asked for players to search the Lyncis Sector systems:

Edit: found the last known trajectory systems from the initial search CG:
Niju
Hip 36014
Xbal
HR 2485
Lyncis Sector ON-T B3-1
Lyncis Sector ON-T B3-2
Lyncis Sector ON-T B3-3
HIP 30130
I took part in the second first search CG. IIRC (I'll check my EDD history after morning dog walk) only two of those Lyncis Sector search systems had wreckage, and one more than the other.

How did you get the last part "the last known trajectory systems"? I spent yesterday afternoon searching Galnet and rebuilding my (long-deleted) Starship One Incident notes. All I could see was that there was a last signal message detection in a system XX 75 ly from Azaleach, which I assume is one of those Lyncis Sector systems.

Last edited:
The identification of PASS within the codex got me thinking about the toast's use of 'brow' again, and its meaning as the summit of a mountain pass.

Niphates as Rochester had pointed out recently, was the mountain range north of paradise / eden. Spansh brings up a Nipiates system.

Paradiselost2.jpg

I know that the angel Uriel was tricked by Satan to gain access to the garden. Are there any systems or features that could correlate to a pass of some kind?

Secondly, in the context of Milton, I can see a lot of parallels in the toast with this epic poem.
  • The Parent's grief - Adam and Eve are the first parents of humanity. Even referred to as "Our ling'ring parents" being rushed out of Eden to the eastern gate.
  • Lover's woe - Adam and Eve discovering guilt after temptation, and their tears after leaving Eden - "Som natural tears they drop'd, but wip'd them soon;".
  • Yearning of our vagabond hearts - humanity cursed with original sin, a sin brought about by Satan to bring the Fall.
  • Whisperer in witchspace - Satan / The Serpent
  • Siren of the Deepest Void - Sirens being the winged creatures much like satan luring people to their doom, and the Deepest Void could be represented by Hell at the "deepest" zone within chaos / the void.

So that leaves the jewel on the brow, and the mother of galaxies.
If the jewel is either the entry point to the Empyrean or the gates of Eden - ie. on the brow of the mountain, then the gate could represent a "state of cosmic enlightenment" fitting the codex as well.
Extending from that you could say our cosmos and all the galaxies within are part of the pendent world and thus the jewel on the brow is an aspect of God's creation - who 'gave birth' to our cosmos.

If the Toast is directed to Raxxla, then the jewel is therefore symbolic of a gateway to access a paradise-like place. To reinforce this idea, the Omphalos Rift is the navel or centre of the [cosmic] world. So the symbol of the gates being this cosmic rift seems appropriate.

How does this translate to a video game? Probably not a lot directly, BUT perhaps it is a clue to indicate the framework of the greater Raxxla puzzle, such as Rochester's named systems theory.

Perhaps if there are parental / lover figures in mythology that exist as named systems? That could be a strong indication of a clear puzzle taking shape.

Last edited:
I took part in the second search CG. IIRC (I'll check my EDD history after morning dog walk) only two of those Lyncis Sector search systems had wreckage, and one more than the other.

How did you get the last part "the last known trajectory systems"? I spent yesterday afternoon searching Galnet and rebuilding my (long-deleted) Starship One Incident notes. All I could see was that there was a last signal message detection in a system XX 75 ly from Azaleach, which I assume is one of those Lyncis Sector systems.
Looks like I got the block quote mixed up with the earlier text. The 2nd search effort by Zachary Hudson in February 3302 was the one that gave last known trajectory systems.
https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteCG/comments/434o8r Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteCG/comments/434o8r/the_federation_search_for_starship_one/

Ah yes, that list was in the CG screen at Leoniceno, just seen a pic on that Reddit link.
Looking through my EDSM flight log (EDD isn't showing detail for back then) my memory was at fault...I returned from MA hunting in the Pleiades to participate in the first search CG. Interestingly my log shows I was searching in Daurtu, HIP 36014, Xbal, Lyncis Sector ON-T B3-1/ON-T B3-2/ON-T B3-3 & ST-R B4-3 but I later concentrated down onto HIP 36014 & Lyncis Sector ON-T B3-2/ON-T B3-3/ST-R B4-2/ST-R B4-3, with the majority from HIP 36014 & Lyncis Sector ON-T B3-2/B3-3 . Also I made a few trips to Daurtu, but can't remember if that was for some offload to the mysterious commercial firm competing with the Federal search (think I suspected TDW) or I found some wreckage there, but Daurtu isn't mentioned in that 2nd CG.

The identification of PASS within the codex got me thinking about the toast's use of 'brow' again, and its meaning as the summit of a mountain pass.

Niphates as Rochester had pointed out recently, was the mountain range north of paradise / eden. Spansh brings up a Nipiates system.

Paradiselost2.jpg

I know that the angel Uriel was tricked by Satan to gain access to the garden. Are there any systems or features that could correlate to a pass of some kind?

Secondly, in the context of Milton, I can see a lot of parallels in the toast with this epic poem.
  • The Parent's grief - Adam and Eve are the first parents of humanity. Even referred to as "Our ling'ring parents" being rushed out of Eden to the eastern gate.
  • Lover's woe - Adam and Eve discovering guilt after temptation, and their tears after leaving Eden - "Som natural tears they drop'd, but wip'd them soon;".
  • Yearning of our vagabond hearts - humanity cursed with original sin, a sin brought about by Satan to bring the Fall.
  • Whisperer in witchspace - Satan / The Serpent
  • Siren of the Deepest Void - Sirens being the winged creatures much like satan luring people to their doom, and the Deepest Void could be represented by Hell at the "deepest" zone within chaos / the void.

So that leaves the jewel on the brow, and the mother of galaxies.
If the jewel is either the entry point to the Empyrean or the gates of Eden - ie. on the brow of the mountain, then the gate could represent a "state of cosmic enlightenment" fitting the codex as well.
Extending from that you could say our cosmos and all the galaxies within are part of the pendent world and thus the jewel on the brow is an aspect of God's creation - who 'gave birth' to our cosmos.

If the Toast is directed to Raxxla, then the jewel is therefore symbolic of a gateway to access a paradise-like place. To reinforce this idea, the Omphalos Rift is the navel or centre of the [cosmic] world. So the symbol of the gates being this cosmic rift seems appropriate.

How does this translate to a video game? Probably not a lot directly, BUT perhaps it is a clue to indicate the framework of the greater Raxxla puzzle, such as Rochester's named systems theory.

Perhaps if there are parental / lover figures in mythology that exist as named systems? That could be a strong indication of a clear puzzle taking shape.

Good find O7

Nipiates was one of the first systems I checked, sadly in my opinion it is too far removed from the core aspects identified elsewhere - so in my opinion it’s not the intended Niphates from Paradise Lost.

In my experience certain intentional naming conventions used in game are accurate; FD have either utilised the original spelling from the original language/s, or the English version.

Niphates is not Nipiates. It looks to me to be a fictional word. Plus it’s spacial location is too far removed from those systems linked via the Lost Realms context in that area, and other aspects such as the various pantheons or the larger cosmological model.

I think it’s a missed opportunity on FD part, but maybe it was a little too obvious, as this location essentially pin-pointed Eden on Earth in Paradise Lost.

So I’m wondering if FD intentionally omitted it, like they’ve seemingly done so with other locations from Paradise Lost, as the text has lots of locational markers, so one could technically replicate it in 3D…

This does not take away this might be an intentional mis-spelling, a clue to look in this area, or it’s part of something else. I’ve seen various systems which look very far removed, but have some tenuous link, I suspect these were applied as a series of way-markers to point us in the general area? Or they were built as some form of humorous in-joke?

Going back to the garden map concept.

I’m wondering if those cedars in the garden design are an integral element to finding the correct area?

Cedars encircled the hills that protected Eden. And cedars were utilised in the Epic of Gilgamesh, there was the forest of cedars which he had to pass through to gain entry to an otherworld!

I wonder if these somehow have been implemented in game, or equally likely it’s just coincidence?

Last edited:
Last edited:
My involvement in Starship One wreckage search was from 29Jan2016/3302 to 04Feb2016/3302 and my flight data record shows some minor differences to the CG and Galnet history I've put together- I'll paste down below in case I lose my notes again and others may be interested. I think the discrepancies are in the CG info which I got from Inara. I was finding Wreckage in the systems I've just mentioned above. Didn't go to Niju and only 2 trips to HIP 3130, so there was likely wreckage there but the systems I concentrated on were more productive.

I'm reviewing this because it struck me that Gan Romero's dreams and Halsey's visions appear to be Guardian-related (FD later fudged it so they could claim the exploration data gathered led to the discovery of Guardian sites). I suspect Raxxla/Omphalos Rift is a Guardian artefact, and the locations (Gan Romero in Vega and the Starship One wreckage area where Halsey floated in her escape pod) are likely to be location clues to Raxxla location...how far does "telepathy" travel?

From Galnet archive , Inara CG archive and @simulacrae Quest for Raxxla post
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/the-quest-to-find-raxxla.168253/post-8819129

28 April 3301 The President’s office has today announced that President Halsey will soon be setting off on a tour of the Federal frontier systems.The purported aim of the trip is to build stronger links between Sol and its many offspring. For years, Federal frontier systems have complained that the Mars Congress has consistently failed to provide adequate support for fledgling Federal colonies. During the tour, local leaders will be given a chance to meet with President Halsey to discuss what Sol can do to better support local governments, frontier enterprises and Federal residents. Some of the destinations announced include Hip 53688, Tinia, 78 Ursae Majoris, Su and Furuhjlem I-645. Other destinations are expected to be added at a later date.

06 May 3301 Despite a rather sceptical response to the President’s planned tour of Federal frontier systems, particularly the bizarre choice to visit 78 Ursae Majoris (a system which overwhelmingly voted to leave the Federation nearly two months ago), the President’s office has announced that the series of visits with local leaders will go ahead as planned.The following systems have already been announced as being part of the President’s trip: Hip 53688, Tinia, 78 Ursae Majoris, Su, Furuhjlem I-645, Saga, Delphin, Nanoman, Coriccha, Ross 860. Another dozen systems are expected to be added before the President sets off on tour later in the week.

09 May 3301 Following the "rather strange" announcement that President Halsey will soon be visiting the ex-Federal system of 78 Ursae Majoris GalNet reached out to local leaders and residents to get their thoughts.

13 May 3301 The crowds were out in force on Mars today, as residents gathered to watch the presidential battlecruiser, Space Flight One, depart on the start of President Halsey’s tour of Federal frontier systems.For security reasons, the exact details of the President’s itinerary are being kept secret. However, GalNet has been given permission to exclusively reveal the names of a dozen systems that President Halsey intends to visit during her trip. Those being:Hip 53688, Tinia, Aleumoxii, 78 Ursae Majoris, Dietri, Su, Furuhjelm I-645, Saga, Delphin, Nanomam, Coriccha and Ross 860.

15 May 3301 78 Ursae Majoris increases security in preparation for Federal President's arrival (78 Ursae Majoris had recently left the Federation and was considered a bit of a hotbed of criminal activity).

23 May 3301 Expected in Saga (from post on 26th)

24 May 3301 Halsey has private meeting with Alliance PM Edmund Mahon. Navy notified of unsceduled Azaleach detour (from post on 26th) - detour presumably proposed after the Mahon meeting, but at Vincent's trial Halsey said Vincent ordered the detour, reason unknown.

25th May 3301 (Later expunged from Galnet): After what many residents have called 'years of neglect from Sol', President Halsey made a brief appearance aboard Seddon Gateway yesterday. Thousands gathered to welcome the President as she was ferried over from Spaceflight One. Sadly, upon arrival the President was whisked off to the bridge to meet with local dignitaries, leaving most residents to return home disappointed.GalNet sources aboard Seddon Gateway report that the President spent much of the day receiving visitors in the Captain's Cabin. Most, but not all, of the President's visitors were members of Federal organisations which still operate in and around 78 Ursae Majoris. Those questioned indicated that during their meeting, the President mostly spoke about ways in which the Federation could help better support small and medium sized business interests in the area. In the evening, Seddon Gateway played host to a diplomatic dinner between President Halsey and Prime Minister Edmund Mahon. The Prime Minister arrived at Seddon Gateway without fanfare at some point in the early evening. After Mahon's arrival, the two faction leaders are reported to have spent several quiet hours enjoying dinner away from the vast majority of their entourages. What the two leaders discussed during their time together remains a mystery. Spaceflight One safely departed 78 Ursae Majoris this morning, and will now be travelling to Saga in order to continue the President's tour of Federal frontier systems."

25 May 3301 following entry into hyperspace all contact with Starflight One was lost (from post on 26th)

26 May 3301 Starship One reported 38 hours overdue for meeting at Saga/Zudov Terminal & Starflight One officially reported as missing. “Two days ago, Navy Command received word that the President would be taking an unscheduled detour to Azaleach. Her reasons as to why remain classified. 12 hours ago, following entry into hyperspace, Spaceflight One went dark. All attempts by the President’s security team to trace the vessel have met with failure.”“Squadrons have been scrambled in an attempt to find President Halsey and Vice President Naylor, and I have faith that the Navy will do everything they can to bring them home.”

27 May 3301 The Hunt for Halsey CG scan data submission to UC. Notified at Azaleach/Leoniceno Orbital notice board with indication last contact message came from XX system which is 75ly from Azaleach. Sirius Corp and Core Dynamics say ship could be anywhere within 200ly of Azaleach. Telemetry suggests damage was similar to that suffered by Starliner Antares in 3251 when she was lost with all hands on her maiden voyage.” Three ships from Starship One’s Guardian Wing made contact with Navy HQ shortly after the initial disappearance. Unfortunately, they were not able to shed any light on the ultimate fate of Starship One.

28 Jan 3302 First Community Goal announced to search for wreckage with confirmation that Azaleach was the intended destination. Deliver wreckage components to the Federal research outpost at Leoniceno Orbital in the Azaleach system. Daurtu Jet Comms PLC announced competing search.

05 Feb 3302 Independent search for Starship One CG ended. Tier 4/8, 420contributors. Find and deliver wreckage to Panshin Terminal Daurtu. Daurtu Jet Comms PLC has announced its intention to search for Starship One, the former presidential ship that disappeared in may 3301. Daurtu Jet Comms PLC has released a list of systems most likely to contain wreckage from starship One, extrapolated from his last known trajectory: Niju ( the wreck is near the planet Niju A4), Hip 36014, Xbal, HR 2485, Lyncis Sector ON-T B3-1, Lyncis Sector ON-T B3-2, Lyncis Sector ON-T B3-3, HIP 30130

10 Feb 3302 Official Search for Starship One CG ended. Tier 8/8, 1029 contributors. Find and deliver wreckage to Leoniceno Orbital Azaleach. The Federation has released a list of the systems most likely to contain wreckage from Starship One, extrapolated from it's last known trajectory: Niju HIP 36014 Xbal HR 2485 Lyncis Sector ON-T B3-1 Lyncis Sector ON-T B3-2 Lyncis Sector ON-T B3-3 HIP 30130 (Wreck about 2 Mm from HIP 30130 4A)

18 Feb 3302 Second CG: The search for the missing presidential vessel began two weeks ago, resulting in the accumulation of thousands of tonnes of wreckage, which was then subjected to rigorous analysis by Federal scientists. The analysis confirmed that the remains of Starship One had been located, prompting President Hudson to release a statement to the media..."researchers have surmised that the destruction of Starship One was not instantaneous, and that the front of the ship may have suffered less damage than the rest of the vessel. This means there is a very small chance – and I must stress that this is remote – that some of the crew might have been able to reach escape pods. That’s why I’m calling on the galactic community to support a second search – a search for survivors.”“Pilots who want to contribute to the search should concentrate their efforts in the Lyncis Sector, and in particular on the ON-T B3-1, ON-T B3-2, ON-T B3-3, ON-T B3-4 and ST-R B4-3 1 systems, where we believe further wreckage from the ship may be found.” Also from Leoniceno Station CG screen: the Federation has released a list of systems most likely to contain wreckage from Starship One, extrapolated from its last known trajectory: Niju, HIP 36014, Xbal, HR 2485, Lyncis Sector ON-T B3-1, Lyncis Sector ON-T B3-2, Lyncis Sector ON-T B3-3, HIP 30130

25 Feb 3302 Official search for survivors CG ended. Find and deliver escape pods to Leoniceno Orbital Azaleach. Search area: Lyncis Sector ON-T B3-1, ON-T B3-2, ON-T B3-3, ON-T B3-4 & ST-R B4-3 1

26 Feb 3302
The recent Federal operation to search for survivors from Starship One was eagerly supported by the galactic community, resulting in the safe recovery of thousands of escape pods, many of them containing living survivors. As the task of identifying the pod’s occupants continues, Federal President Zachary Hudson has made a surprising announcement: one of the escape pods taken to Leoniceno Orbital contains former Federal president Jasmina Halsey. The medical team at Leoniceno has described Halsey’s condition as critical but stable. It appears her escape pod was damaged and she sustained some injuries, so she’s being kept in an induced coma until her wounds have healed. This is likely to take weeks. If her condition changes I will be immediately notified.”

15 Mar 3302
Various media outlets throughout inhabited space received an anonymous communiqué this morning. “The galactic community is in peril,” the message began. “They just don’t know it yet.”The transmission asserts a connection between Core Dynamics, the destruction of the Antares and Starship One, the Emperor’s Dawn insurgency, and setbacks in Unknown Artefact research. It also claims that the deaths of Federal Vice-President Nigel Smeaton, Sean Richards, Arnold Lowe, Susan Monroe, Elaine Boyd, Emperor Hengist Duval and the disappearances of former Federal president Jasmina Halsey and Professor Ishmael Palin are similarly connected.The message concluded: “Many of those who have tried to connect these seemingly disparate events have been silenced, along with their sources. That is why I have chosen to remain anonymous.

23 Mar 3302
Medical personnel at Leoniceno Orbital have announced they will soon bring former Federal president Jasmina Halsey out of her induced coma. When the former president arrived at the starport she was still in her damaged escape pod. Since then, medical personnel at the starport have worked tirelessly to heal the injuries she sustained in the destruction of Starship One. Having completed this process, Halsey’s doctors now believe it is safe to start waking their patient.

26 Mar 3302
former president Jasmina Halsey has been brought out of her induced coma.“The injuries Jasmina Halsey suffered in the destruction of Starship One were severe, but her escape pod preserved her vital functions. Having repaired her injuries, medical personnel at Leoniceno Orbital revived President Halsey from her coma this morning. I have been told that she is now sleeping peacefully, and is expected to wake in the next few days.”

29 Mar 3302
For the past three days, Jasmina Halsey has been recuperating at Leoniceno Orbital, where she was taken after she was rescued from the wreckage of Starship One. the Federal Times has managed to wrest a few words from her sister, Azalea Halsey, who recently visited her sibling:“Jasmina appears to be in good health, but she did seem rather distant. She said some things I didn’t understand – something about stars and…creation, I think – but given what she’s been through I thought she was remarkably lucid, most of the time. I’m sure she’ll be back to her old self soon.”

04 April 3302 A reporter from the Alliance Tribune asked President Halsey what it was like to drift through space for so long: “It was wonderful. Amazing. I saw the universe, and our galaxy within it, as I’d never seen it before, and I felt the presence of the real caretakers of our galaxy. The paradox of their existence – tiny yet gargantuan, fleeting yet eternal. They spoke to me as I drifted in the void. It was amazing. I must share their message.”

28 April 3302 Community Goal: Since being discharged from the medical centre at Leoniceno Orbital, former Federal president Jasmina Halsey has repeatedly spoken about the allegedly transcendent experiences she had while drifting through space. The former leader purports to have seen “the true architects of creation” and to have been shown what she describes as “the infinities of the cosmos” – assertions that, along with her slowed speech, have seen her condemned as mentally unstable by some commentators. Now the former president has launched an appeal for exploration data that she hopes will validate her claims. According to a member of her personal staff, the former leader believes the data will prove there are super-intelligent beings living in the depths of space.
The former Federal president released a brief statement to the media: “They are out there. I have seen them. We must put aside our petty differences and work together to establish contact. There is so much we could learn from them.”

03 May 3305 ship thief (Diamondback owned by explorer Bjorn Lennox, stolen from Vega/Fort Dixon) identified as ship technician, Gan Romero. Although Romero’s job gave him access to landing pads, it does not explain his ability to bypass ship security protocols or launch without authorisation

25 & 31 May 3305 (repeated post!) Gan Romero’s dream journal entries were very similar to Jasmina Halsey’s visions after the Starship One incident three years ago. Was this lowly grease monkey in touch with the same ‘caretakers of our galaxy’ that Halsey claims spoke to her?”

27 Jan 3307 Jasmina Halsey confirmed that the orders for Starship One’s unscheduled stopover in the Azaleach system came directly from Fleet Admiral Vincent. She added that the presidential itinerary was often altered for various mundane reasons, and at the time this seemed routine. During Vincent's trial his defence counsel quoted her reported visions after being rescued, when Halsey described meeting the ‘caretakers of our galaxy’ and experiencing the ‘infinities of the cosmos’. It was suggested that the testimony of someone suffering from such obvious delusions should be discounted.”“Halsey admitted that she no longer has any memory of making those statements, and may have been suffering from post-traumatic shock. She then provided the court with psychological reports and neural scans from the Alliance’s finest doctors, medically confirming that she is of sound state of mind.”

15 Feb 3307 Federal citizens in uproar after the former CEO of Core Dynamics was revealed to have destroyed Starship One to increase company profits.

05 Mar 3307 Core Dynamics CEO Jupiter Rochester, who wanted to replace Federal democracy with direct corporate rule, sentenced to life imprisonment.

26 Mar 3307 Former President Jasmina Halsey has joined the Federal Diplomatic Corps to become an ambassador to the Alliance.

Route
HIP 53688, Tinia, Aleumoxii, 78 Ursae Majoris, Dietri, Su, Furuhjelm I-645, Saga, Delphin, Nanomam, Coriccha, and Ross 860, then lost between Azaleach system, and the scheduled arrival destination in the Saga system.
Search organised at Leoniceno Orbital & second CG "The Search for Survivors of Starship One" asked for players to search the Lyncis Sector systems:
Lyncis Sector ON-T B3-1
Lyncis Sector ON-T B3-2
Lyncis Sector ON-T B3-3
Lyncis Sector ON-T B3-4
Lyncis Sector ST-R B4-3 1

Last edited:
There exists a Dev video of Brookes saying something similar, about being careful about transporting certain illegal cargo in Alliance space, it then cuts to an amusing ‘reaction’ he pulls with a Brookes smirk and appropriate ominous music!

Dev fiction diaries 1 around 7:11.

IMG_6740.jpeg
I've just rewatched that video...interesting he said at 10:22 that FD might start to release more info on the Mars alien artefact....something which never seems to have happened!!

I wonder if he's hinting at 7:11 we need to carry Trinkets in Alliance space to stand a chance of triggering Raxxla/Omphalos??

And separately I'm wondering if the (later deleted) meeting between Mahon and Halsey just before the Starship One disaster was about an alien artefact the Alliance had discovered (i.e. Raxxla). However that itself might have been the intended storyline which was deleted to make Raxxla more of an interesting Easter egg... Halsey later said (or was that further obfuscation to protect the Raxxla secret?) at Vincent's trial that it was Vincent himself who was responsible for the unscheduled diversion from 78 Ursae Majoris towards Azaleach. I think it was Halsey's later request for exploration data that was supposed to lead to the discovery of Guardian sites.

And perhaps amusingly, if Raxxla is in "heaven" (Alliance space) and Achenar is at the bottom of the embedded MIilton cosmology, was MB saying the ED Imperium is the "Evil Empire"?

Last edited:
I'm not at all convinced those garden trees are cedars, they look more like cypress trees to me, or more likely columnar conifers - most likely junipers
Cedar: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cedrus
Cypress: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cupressus
Junipers/conifers: https://www.finegardening.com/article/columnar-conifers-for-focal-points-screening-and-tight-spaces
@Rochester Mmm, according to EDSM no cedrus, cedar, cypress or cupressus in game. There is a Juniper, but it's out near Colonia....could the Empyrean go out that far??

@Rochester Mmm, according to EDSM no cedrus, cedar, cypress or cupressus in game. There is a Juniper, but it's out near Colonia....could the Empyrean go out that far??
In my opinion this construct is a very localised mystery.

The garden elements leave a great deal open to interpretation - if they are actually an intentional clue, it’s equally likely not intended, and likewise throes trees might not be representing something in game, although I do rather like the idea, it could just be a pictorial representation of the theology… eg this circle represents Eden because it’s surrounded by cedars… if they are cedars?

But there are specifically six of them.

And the hexagon points of the logo, must have some relevance in game - surely there’s a relationship?

Source: https://youtu.be/KM2K7sV-K74?si=dRcp46_1KTczKYxf

Last edited:
Mmm, or the logo hexagon represents a dodecahedral station/ship, which may or may not be called Raxxla, and may be dark/deserted, and may be Guardian??
🤔
So many possibilities, my head is spinning! 🥸

Locating the passage that noted Cedars encircled Eden. Book 5: Paradise Lost - details the journey of Raphael from heaven to Eden..but doesn’t ever advocate any numbers to trees..but it’s the text I recalled, which identified Eden with being crown on all hills (encircled) by cedars…

with cedars crowned. Above all hills’.

This passage describes Raphael as a seraphim, who have six wings… not sure if the number six has any specific relevance here.

Again the garden design, if accurate ; it may only be utilising abstract metaphors to convey a theologic concept and ascribe meaning to the circles, eg this represents Eden… they might not mean any more than that, can’t say for sure?!

IMG_9711.gif

Last edited:
Top Bottom