personal opinion? you need to be able to access the DC from the functions tab like landing gear and cargo scoop so you can toggle it off and on withput scrolling though a page of ship systems.

Apologies if this is obvious, I can't find the option in the key assignments. Having bought a docking computer after around thee hours of gameplay, on its second dock, it decided to throttle up and bury me in the back wall of the station. Lost ship, around 6000 in cargo and went from 23k credits down to just 6k when I renewed ship, for some reason. Baffled.

I could see what was going to happen, but if couldn't take over, or reduce speed.

Was it at Dahan? I wouldnt trust a docking computer docking with that Rusty old jitterbox :)

Docking Computers

These so need to be fixed!

They seem to take forever to dock and have occasionally gone over the ten minutes allotted and loose the slot.

Mine seems to like to park itself in reverse to the docking port and then 'waggle' its **** at it! :eek:

or it goes into a spin that it cant recover from.

This there anyway to abort an auto dock?

Sir.Tj

The Moderator who shall not be Blamed....
Volunteer Moderator
Merged threads.

Please guys, do a quick search, it's mad on here for us mods y'know. ;)

Sandro Sammarco

Lead Designer
Frontier
Hello Commanders!

You should be able to cancel automatic docking at any time by throttling up. Be aware that if you do so you'll need to exit the starport before you can throttle down to engage automatic docking again.

If this isn't working, raise a ticket.

Also, if the automatic docking process pancakes your ship, definitely submit a ticket.

Sir.Tj

The Moderator who shall not be Blamed....
Volunteer Moderator
Hello Commanders!

You should be able to cancel automatic docking at any time by throttling up. Be aware that if you do so you'll need to exit the starport before you can throttle down to engage automatic docking again.

If this isn't working, raise a ticket.

Also, if the automatic docking process pancakes your ship, definitely submit a ticket.

The ships have cruise control then? :D

Put your feet up for ten minutes, T.j - here, have a doughnut!

I would but Psykokow keeps nicking them...:mad:

Docking Radar

Hello,

I realize that at this point in development my feedback may be futile, but for better or worse here it is:

Flying anything but a Sidewinder over a docking pad at a "fair speed" can result in touching some part of the station structure .. or if you are being particularly oafish, the landing pad. This makes a noise that accordingly tells the rest of the station that an inexperienced or impatient pilot just smashed his expensive ship into a space station. :eek:

That´s all good but I feel it could be improved upon to facilitate fast docking. If the docking view of the radar were a rear view, tilted just enough to see the "bullseye" on the pad, instead of a top down view with minimal tilt. It would remain useful at lower altitudes where larger ships just obscure the pilot's view. :rolleyes:

I dont think the approach is less "realistic" since the camera could be mounted on the station (instead of floating above the ship). Thinking radar instead of camera, an onboard computer could produce both flavours equally well (I anticipate) from the reflections it gets.

And there goes my two-penneth.

I have a voice attack sequence for it now.
I intend to extend it to the 20km range, but this bit here has been successful for 2 days.
I exported this one 'dock' command, for anyone wanting to import it.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/17110473/elite/dock.zip?dl=1
or
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/17110473/elite/dock.vap?dl=1

Do NOT be aiming at the station when you call it, you may be too close.
Call it when you are in front of the station within the 7.5k, preferably along a vector you would use for a normal manual dock.

what it is is slow keys and pauses: all keys are .5sec, all pauses are 1 sec

say 'dock'
1 (menu 1)
pause
e (menu right)
pause
e (menu right)
pause
space (select the station)
pause
space (target the station)
pause
space
pause
s
pause
space (request dock)
pause
x (all stop, triggering the docking computer)
pause
2 look forward
pause
2 look forward, full display
say 'dock'

First, I admit to not reading all posts in this thread, although some of them :)

I noticed some unexpected behaviour with the docking computer, aside from the funky sideways manoeuvres and lack of spatial awareness.

With FA off, the docking computer engages automatically when in range, no need to adjust throttle, yet with FA on, you need to slow down.

If FA is off and the ship is auto docking, toggling FA to on will also turn off the docking computer, giving control back..(luckily with FA on) or at least has for me many times.

I would have thought FA off would not engage the autopilot period.

Docking computer!?
I'll never hand over my ship to an artificial intelligence.
Especially when it's more intelligent than me.
Mind you, according to some, my alarm clock qualifies nicely for that.
Docking computer...prrrrffft.

I love the docking computer !

I've had one for days and it still makes me laugh - it's hilarious watching my ship dock sideways :D

Oh and as someone who suffered Eve for 7 years before this was announced - Can I also day what a good humoured lot the Elite players have been in my experience :)

Oh is that what's going on?? I don't have one due to not fancying one and was getting more and more perplexed by ships going through the letter box vertical!
:smilie:

It works better if few to no other players in system, pretty reliable in fact. When I tried it in my sidewinder in starter systems it was unusable :s Still docks sideways sometimes. Bit of a buzz wondering if you'll dock with cargo intact or explode amusingly.

Top Bottom